Oct.& Nov. 2019 Gratitide and Chat

retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
edited November 2019 in Social Groups
Oh, boy, these holidays just keep coming at us.
UPDATE:
So now Thanksgiving is coming quickly in the USA. Are you prepared? Found things you can eat along with your families?

Ready for Halloween yet? Lots of folks in my neighborhood are already decorated up. We plan on giving out glow sticks that can be bent into bracelets and necklaces, they were well received last year so we are doing that again. I will also get some string cheese for the older kids. Sometimes we get crowds, other times just a few come by, but no matter the weather some of them have to get out and Trick or Treat.

Replies

• DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Hi everyone. It has been a while since I stopped in, but I am still out here working on my health! It has now been 2 years and 3 months since I started intermittent fasting. I lost about 70 lbs on a 5 hour window, then switched to alternate day fasting when I hit a major plateau and the other day I passed the 100 lb mark. Needless to say I was VERY thrilled about that. I still want to lose about 30 lbs and finally be in the range where I am no longer overweight on the charts! I also had a relapse of my rheumatoid arthritis after 3 and a half years of controlling it just by diet. Now I am on Plaquenil and back on the Paleo AIP diet to get it back under control. I guess this time I am just going to have to face the fact that there are certain things I should not eat!! Gluten for sure, nightshades I think, and I am not sure about dairy. I REALLY miss cheese and tomatoes!! But I did so well on this diet last time that I want to be spared all of those drugs that suppress the immune system. But I am enjoying all the new clothes and the wonderful feeling that comes from just not having so much weight on arthritic joints!!! I hope everyone in here is doing well and planning on some wonderful holidays!!! Best of luck to all of you are you continue your health journeys!
  • retirehappy
    Missed you. Sounds like you are doing super well. Congrats on 100 lbs. down. That is HUGE in terms of your health risks.

Doing a happy dance for you 💃💃💃💃

I'm working on year three of maintenance, and so glad I went lchf/keto. Fasting keeps me well below my original goal weight now, so I am a happy camper.
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Every morning I am grateful for another day that I get to enjoy in this wonderful thing that is my life!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    A very long time since posting here. Had three major surgeries in past 22 months and gained some of my lost weight. New medication is making it even harder to lose. Anyone else had this problem post surgery?How did you get back in track after surgeries? Would love to hear from you TIA
  • retirehappy
    Best thing after surgery for recovery is making sure you get plenty of protein in your diet. Helps your body repair.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    If I were post surgery I would probably eat in an 8 hour window if possible (no more than 8 hours - check out Delay, Don't Deny by Gin Stephens) and also make sure you get the protein. Exercise to your limitations! With my health issues I ride a roller coaster and the first thing I do when the worst seems to be passing is to put that pedometer back on and see where I am. Its hard right now for me to believe I was doing 9k-10k steps in September! Today will be my third day of trying to do 5k and not making it yet. (In 2018 when we moved from Florida, several months after a shoulder surgery followed by a knee injury, my first day back on the pedometer I was only able to do 935 steps! Scared the crap out of me!) Be willing to negotiate about medications if the side effects are too negative for you! Start every day with a gratitude list and a burst of positive energy!
  • retirehappy
    8h4ppvn9rmww.jpg