Anyone else overindulge on Thanksgiving?

Im not liking myself so much right now. I ate wayyy too much and had one too many deserts. Of course I didn’t track. So my goal is to get right back on track, counting everything this next week. And I’m going to stay off the scale for a couple days. 😬

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    I'm definitely not weighing tomorrow! One day won't kill us, just get back at it!
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2019
    If I didn’t know myself any better I’d be pretty disgusted with myself. I totally blew it out of the ballpark, probably even out of my maintenance range. Back in weight-loss mode that quickly. Not even going to touch the scale, I know what I probably weigh right now, and will all week.

It was a great time, though, saw lots of family, enjoyed the company, the food... felt NORMAL, as in not sneaking my scale into the kitchen, or staring at a dish trying to guess the calories or dabbling tiny spoonfuls of this and that. and although i feel like a bloated cow carcass floating downstream I can’t say I would’ve rather returned home wondering how much more relaxed I could’ve been if I’d let loose a little. So...yea there’s that.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Oh yeh, pumpkin pie? Yes please. Lemon Meringue and apple pie with ice cream too?? Sure, just a sliver(or 2). :/ Oh can't forget the extra stuffing, sweet pickles(which I never eat!), and every other single thing which I never eat. :( Not proud BUT no rolls or mashed potatoes, didn't want to waste my calories on those. Looking back I guess it was mainly the desserts I overdid. I even brought home a big piece of pumpkin pie that I devoured last night, knowing I'm right back on top of it this a.m.
    And I am/will be right back to it today.
    That's 2 days in 1 week that I strayed. But it's just 2 days. I can stay strong and get through the rest of the holiday season with minimal damage. But not pulling my scale back out until Monday a.m.

Bloated cow carcass Lol I don't feel quite that bad but know it WON'T be an every day thing.
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Oh yeh, pumpkin pie? Yes please. Lemon Meringue and apple pie with ice cream too?? Sure, just a sliver(or 2). :/ Oh can't forget the extra stuffing, sweet pickles(which I never eat!), and every other single thing which I never eat. :( Not proud BUT no rolls or mashed potatoes, didn't want to waste my calories on those. Looking back I guess it was mainly the desserts I overdid. I even brought home a big piece of pumpkin pie that I devoured last night, knowing I'm right back on top of it this a.m.
    And I am/will be right back to it today.
    That's 2 days in 1 week that I strayed. But it's just 2 days. I can stay strong and get through the rest of the holiday season with minimal damage. But not pulling my scale back out until Monday a.m.

Bloated cow carcass Lol I don't feel quite that bad but know it WON'T be an every day thing.

Hahaha okay maybe I don’t feel like a carcass but definitely like a cow today :smiley:

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    We don't even do traditional Thanksgiving but I still overate a little bit! The thin crust pizza my husband made was great but then I had too much of the blackberry oat crumble for dessert. I think it's kind of funny actually because I was reading about everyone stuffing themselves with turkey and pie & thought I was out of that loop. Then I also felt bloated and almost like I had a food hangover this morning. :D
  • JasonJoyHedenskog
    JasonJoyHedenskog Posts: 143 Member
    Well I’m glad that I’m not alone. And I’m ready to get back in the groove! Breakfast logged, check. I’m not stepping back on scale until Monday too. I don’t want to discourage myself.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    A little.

OP- you can go back and try your best to fill in the food diary. The process is more important than the numbers.
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    I tried a new Holiday cocktail, Apple Cider Mimosa; dip champagne flute rim in apple cider then dip in mixture of brown sugar/cinnamon. Fill 1/2 sparkling wine, half apple cider. Was a big hit. Had 2 of these in lieu of "extra dessert"!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    No I did not. The advantage of eating at a restaurant kept me under control. No booze, just turkey breast, broccolini and mashed potatoes; no stuffing or gravy because the first one had some cinnamon or allspice and the gravy had garlic :s ). But I am guilty of eating a piece of plain cheesecake, and my stomach let me know later on that it was very upset. Tums to the rescue :D
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    I think I did a little better this year than in the past. I ate a lot, for sure.. but I ate smaller portions. No formal exercise yesterday and today, but I work my 2nd job looking after cats.. all on my bike and tons of stairs.
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    I made a deal with myself - that on Thanksgiving I could eat whatever I want without tracking accurately and without feeling guilty on two immutable conditions:
    1- Only eat the things I really love to eat and savor them as much as I can.
    2- The next day I go right back to business as usual instead of letting a cheat day turn into a cheat week.

It worked really well for me! I got to really enjoy all my favorites without making myself feel bad about it, and I was able to follow through with my conditions and get right back on track. I’m definitely going to use this tactic again at Christmas.
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Super guilty of over-indulging! However, I'm trying to not punish myself for it. I also went to lift for the first time in a month because I've been fighting bronchitis and some major GI issues.

Between the bloat of eating yesterday and water retention from the gym, my weigh-in this morning frightened me. However, I know it's temporary, lol.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited November 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    2 full plates, plus pie with both ice cream and whipped cream, and a good bit of wine. No regrets.

The only reason I didn't weigh in this morning was that I wasn't at home, but I would've been up 3-4 pounds, only maybe 1 of which (at most) is possibly fat, and most of which is water retention and food in transit.

I'll weigh in tomorrow, probably still be up 2-3. It'll be gone in a week, without doing anything special. Scale weight is just data about my body's relationship with gravity, not a measure of my worth as a human. If I weigh myself under these circumstances, I learn useful things about how my body operates.

This is year 4, almost year 5, of maintenance. I know that one day, as long as it's rare, is NBD. Stress and self-criticism isn't helpful, for me. YMMV. :drinker:

ETA: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603949/big-overfeed-ruins-everything-nope

Oh don't get me wrong my Favorite Jacked Granny... pure love btw. I centered my plate on lean protein and veggies , with small tastes of the side... but... I was stalking the Wild Pecan Pie all afternoon.... 2 pieces.... PR'ed at the gym today! Massive pump! Ahhh processed carbs...lol
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Damn right!