What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• nohahorizon84
    nohahorizon84 Posts: 3 Member
    Today was rest day but I felt energized, so I decided to wash the bedroom carpets manually I have been delaying this task for a while, sadly my back hurts real bad now from carrying wet carpets from the floor to the bath tub.
    even though I've been working out for over a month I can't carry small carpets correctly yet :/ a regular workout with stretching afterward would have been better

Looking forward to my stretching session tomorrow for release.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday

6am sprint session with my trainer and her resistance band

50min piyo
    45min zumba
  • fishbonz3497
    fishbonz3497 Posts: 13 Member
    One hour of fullbody then a 2.5 mile run
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning and did legs then took the dog for a 20 minute walk before work. Plan was to do 4 miles easy in the evening, but I decided to meet up with my running group and the planned route was a really hilly 6.7 miles, so I did that. Legs were toast by the end.

This morning I had planned to do yoga and 30 minutes on my bike trainer, but I have been running myself ragged this week and when my alarm went off all I could think was that I needed more sleep. Now I am at work wondering if I can cram in 30 minutes on the bike before leaving for the 5 hour drive to my mother's house this evening. I wish I could just let it go and accept that my body needs the rest, but my brain won't let me. Does anyone else struggle with this?? I know I needed the rest this morning and in the grand scheme of things, 30 minutes on the trainer is really nothing, but I still can't let it go...

we are stubborn fools... :wink: i used to train 6 days/week in martial arts. then somewhere along the way, i had to take a few days off (maybe busy work schedule, I dunno), and remember being so shocked when I got to the dojo afterward and was able to execute power and movements better than ever. That was in my twenties and that revelation is a reminder that rest and time off is just as important, if not sometimes more so at times, as exercise and time on. I just saw a video about this again a few hours ago, and the academic stated that of the people she interviewed about the essential need for "rest", professional athletes understood this better than anyone (she even displayed stats on how often athletes rested during game plays, between training etc). So, if you wanna be as good as some of our heros and inspirations (those folks who are super strong and fit), then follow in their footsteps and rest. i rested yesterday and had planned to go to yoga tonight, but cancelled. i will be far more productive, and so will my health, body and weight-loss, if I rest today...

you can do it! rest is awesome!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    today 11/27: 100 pushups, 44 min spin bike
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Went to wednesday evening erging: 20' @ 5k split plus 10", 10' @ 5k +4", 5" @ 5k with five minutes rest between each piece. From what I can tell, my entire row went under those splits for each of the pieces. My split for the last 5 min piece was 1:57.7.

Tomorrow morning is maybe sculling depending on how much I want to drag myself out of bed and Friday I said I would row half a marathon....there will be a group of us and if I do it, time wise I'll finish in the middle of the pack.
  • aokoye
    surfbug808 wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Yesterday I went to the gym in the morning and did legs then took the dog for a 20 minute walk before work. Plan was to do 4 miles easy in the evening, but I decided to meet up with my running group and the planned route was a really hilly 6.7 miles, so I did that. Legs were toast by the end.

This morning I had planned to do yoga and 30 minutes on my bike trainer, but I have been running myself ragged this week and when my alarm went off all I could think was that I needed more sleep. Now I am at work wondering if I can cram in 30 minutes on the bike before leaving for the 5 hour drive to my mother's house this evening. I wish I could just let it go and accept that my body needs the rest, but my brain won't let me. Does anyone else struggle with this?? I know I needed the rest this morning and in the grand scheme of things, 30 minutes on the trainer is really nothing, but I still can't let it go...

we are stubborn fools... :wink: i used to train 6 days/week in martial arts. then somewhere along the way, i had to take a few days off (maybe busy work schedule, I dunno), and remember being so shocked when I got to the dojo afterward and was able to execute power and movements better than ever. That was in my twenties and that revelation is a reminder that rest and time off is just as important, if not sometimes more so at times, as exercise and time on. I just saw a video about this again a few hours ago, and the academic stated that of the people she interviewed about the essential need for "rest", professional athletes understood this better than anyone (she even displayed stats on how often athletes rested during game plays, between training etc). So, if you wanna be as good as some of our heros and inspirations (those folks who are super strong and fit), then follow in their footsteps and rest. i rested yesterday and had planned to go to yoga tonight, but cancelled. i will be far more productive, and so will my health, body and weight-loss, if I rest today...

you can do it! rest is awesome!

One of my coaches is working towards hopefully going to the upcoming Olympics and yeah, he takes a rest day every Sunday. He also goes to sleep at 9:30ish every evening which I used to do and then somehow I get off of that schedule.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    alf4shszktsi.jpeg

Apartment gym workout this morning. Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • firef1y72
    Thursday- not quite back in to my usual routine but getting there.

60min stair workout with PT, tough, really tough, half cardio, half muscular (leg) endurance

Interval run with a friend. Warm up and then 5x400m run/2min recover.

Tabata - seriously hard tonight. Instead of.resting in the 10sec intervals.we ran suicides. Followed by 15min ab work
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2019
    95 minutes bouldering.

I was at a gym that was new to me (Croywall in Croydon). It is very spacious and not very busy.

This was a very good session. I got a bunch of v3s, and maybe a v4 or two. I only got obsessed with one route, a v1, and I sent it after 5 to 10 goes.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Rowing machine, pretty easy 2 x 2k on, 2' off in AM around 20spm, mid 2:30s pace, Z3 or less HR target, repeat in early afternoon (overshot for 2:43 Z4 in PM).

Forgot to report Tues 11/25 spin class, I think - also mostly Z3 . . . and below. ;)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Yesterday was a 3km round trip to the garage where my car was being serviced. Walk home and then walk back

I did some biceps, rotator cuff stuff and some shoulders all with resistance bands and my 1lb weight
  • aokoye
    Half marathon row on the erg - 21,097m. My average split was 2:16.5 and I burned 1,258 calories in the process. One of the guys on my team thought that a half marathon would be an awesome idea (in part because it eats into a bunch of the holiday challenge) and thus. I think 5 of us did it. I basically looked at it as a very long UT2 workout.
  • firef1y72
    30 min session with PT - rebounder and upper body.

7km run, not my best, went off road up a muddy, slippery, extremely steep hill.

30min cardio - rowing machine, bike and incline walking

30min yoga - stretch
  • AnnPT77
    Rowing machine, Easy 4 x 2K on, 2' off/CD, try to stay in Z3 as much as possible, so splits of all 4 ranged between 2:34.7-2:35.2, 19spm avg. Of 46' (which includes CD & row in/out plus the pieces): 39:18 Z3, only 1:35 Z4, 4:11 Z2 (warm up plus restart of each piece), 0:36 Z1. There are remarkably few days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year; seems like a good plan to keep intensity down.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Yesterday: 4 mile run

Today: 70 minute swim (150 lengths/3750 yards)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,931 Member
    Yesterday -- filling FIVE yard debris carts full of limbs. Thanks to my friends and neighbors who weren't using their bins this week, and thanks to the one-day delay in pick-up so I had the time to do it. Lots of stooping over, cutting, standing up. This preempted my plans to get to the gym, but put my timeline for this project ahead by a month.

Today -- After the bins are done, fill at least two of them back up. Maybe more if some neighbors aren't using theirs this coming week.

• firef1y72
    Saturday.

Very chilly cycle to and from bootcamp, about 5miles in total.

Bootcamp - only 3 of us today, and we did a mix of trx, running and for me.only burpees (the other 2 had injuries/niggles that prevented them from doing them, but I got no sympathy when I said my legs hurt).
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited December 2019
    Bouldering.

I'm not quite sure how long this was. I got to the gym at 11.30 and left at 2.45, but I spent a while at the end stretching and doing yoga. So the main session was probably 2.5 hours-ish.

I got loads of v3s, including a few flash attempts. It was a very good session.

The lass I climbed with got her first V2 this session, so it was good for everyone.

It was at the Bermondsey gym. I walked back to Waterloo station, and stopped off en route at the Tate Modern (an art museum). So I also got slightly over 20,000 steps in.
  • AnnPT77
    Another 2 x 2k (2' off & CD) rowing machine, AM & PM, for a total of 8991m, mostly Z3.