Anyone else overindulge on Thanksgiving?

Options
Im not liking myself so much right now. I ate wayyy too much and had one too many deserts. Of course I didn’t track. So my goal is to get right back on track, counting everything this next week. And I’m going to stay off the scale for a couple days. 😬

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not weighing tomorrow! One day won't kill us, just get back at it!
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    If I didn’t know myself any better I’d be pretty disgusted with myself. I totally blew it out of the ballpark, probably even out of my maintenance range. Back in weight-loss mode that quickly. Not even going to touch the scale, I know what I probably weigh right now, and will all week.

It was a great time, though, saw lots of family, enjoyed the company, the food... felt NORMAL, as in not sneaking my scale into the kitchen, or staring at a dish trying to guess the calories or dabbling tiny spoonfuls of this and that. and although i feel like a bloated cow carcass floating downstream I can’t say I would’ve rather returned home wondering how much more relaxed I could’ve been if I’d let loose a little. So...yea there’s that.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Oh yeh, pumpkin pie? Yes please. Lemon Meringue and apple pie with ice cream too?? Sure, just a sliver(or 2). :/ Oh can't forget the extra stuffing, sweet pickles(which I never eat!), and every other single thing which I never eat. :( Not proud BUT no rolls or mashed potatoes, didn't want to waste my calories on those. Looking back I guess it was mainly the desserts I overdid. I even brought home a big piece of pumpkin pie that I devoured last night, knowing I'm right back on top of it this a.m.
    And I am/will be right back to it today.
    That's 2 days in 1 week that I strayed. But it's just 2 days. I can stay strong and get through the rest of the holiday season with minimal damage. But not pulling my scale back out until Monday a.m.

Bloated cow carcass Lol I don't feel quite that bad but know it WON'T be an every day thing.
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Oh yeh, pumpkin pie? Yes please. Lemon Meringue and apple pie with ice cream too?? Sure, just a sliver(or 2). :/ Oh can't forget the extra stuffing, sweet pickles(which I never eat!), and every other single thing which I never eat. :( Not proud BUT no rolls or mashed potatoes, didn't want to waste my calories on those. Looking back I guess it was mainly the desserts I overdid. I even brought home a big piece of pumpkin pie that I devoured last night, knowing I'm right back on top of it this a.m.
    And I am/will be right back to it today.
    That's 2 days in 1 week that I strayed. But it's just 2 days. I can stay strong and get through the rest of the holiday season with minimal damage. But not pulling my scale back out until Monday a.m.

Bloated cow carcass Lol I don't feel quite that bad but know it WON'T be an every day thing.

Hahaha okay maybe I don’t feel like a carcass but definitely like a cow today :smiley:

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    We don't even do traditional Thanksgiving but I still overate a little bit! The thin crust pizza my husband made was great but then I had too much of the blackberry oat crumble for dessert. I think it's kind of funny actually because I was reading about everyone stuffing themselves with turkey and pie & thought I was out of that loop. Then I also felt bloated and almost like I had a food hangover this morning. :D
  • JasonJoyHedenskog
    JasonJoyHedenskog Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well I’m glad that I’m not alone. And I’m ready to get back in the groove! Breakfast logged, check. I’m not stepping back on scale until Monday too. I don’t want to discourage myself.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    A little.

OP- you can go back and try your best to fill in the food diary. The process is more important than the numbers.
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tried a new Holiday cocktail, Apple Cider Mimosa; dip champagne flute rim in apple cider then dip in mixture of brown sugar/cinnamon. Fill 1/2 sparkling wine, half apple cider. Was a big hit. Had 2 of these in lieu of "extra dessert"!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    No I did not. The advantage of eating at a restaurant kept me under control. No booze, just turkey breast, broccolini and mashed potatoes; no stuffing or gravy because the first one had some cinnamon or allspice and the gravy had garlic :s ). But I am guilty of eating a piece of plain cheesecake, and my stomach let me know later on that it was very upset. Tums to the rescue :D
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think I did a little better this year than in the past. I ate a lot, for sure.. but I ate smaller portions. No formal exercise yesterday and today, but I work my 2nd job looking after cats.. all on my bike and tons of stairs.
  • MessyApron
    MessyApron Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I made a deal with myself - that on Thanksgiving I could eat whatever I want without tracking accurately and without feeling guilty on two immutable conditions:
    1- Only eat the things I really love to eat and savor them as much as I can.
    2- The next day I go right back to business as usual instead of letting a cheat day turn into a cheat week.

It worked really well for me! I got to really enjoy all my favorites without making myself feel bad about it, and I was able to follow through with my conditions and get right back on track. I’m definitely going to use this tactic again at Christmas.
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Super guilty of over-indulging! However, I'm trying to not punish myself for it. I also went to lift for the first time in a month because I've been fighting bronchitis and some major GI issues.

Between the bloat of eating yesterday and water retention from the gym, my weigh-in this morning frightened me. However, I know it's temporary, lol.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    2 full plates, plus pie with both ice cream and whipped cream, and a good bit of wine. No regrets.

The only reason I didn't weigh in this morning was that I wasn't at home, but I would've been up 3-4 pounds, only maybe 1 of which (at most) is possibly fat, and most of which is water retention and food in transit.

I'll weigh in tomorrow, probably still be up 2-3. It'll be gone in a week, without doing anything special. Scale weight is just data about my body's relationship with gravity, not a measure of my worth as a human. If I weigh myself under these circumstances, I learn useful things about how my body operates.

This is year 4, almost year 5, of maintenance. I know that one day, as long as it's rare, is NBD. Stress and self-criticism isn't helpful, for me. YMMV. :drinker:

ETA: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10603949/big-overfeed-ruins-everything-nope

Oh don't get me wrong my Favorite Jacked Granny... pure love btw. I centered my plate on lean protein and veggies , with small tastes of the side... but... I was stalking the Wild Pecan Pie all afternoon.... 2 pieces.... PR'ed at the gym today! Massive pump! Ahhh processed carbs...lol
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Damn right!