My weight loss Journey 1st November 2019

Options
Shivneel23
Shivneel23 Posts: 80 Member
edited November 2019 in Success Stories
mt190j8bxyi4.jpeg
#1stNovember

3 months ago ,l set myself a weight loss goal . All my life I been doing a half shred and bulks trying to figure out how I can eat as much as I can but still stay lean ,Like literally ๐Ÿ˜‚ . So I came up with the idea of getting rid of as much fat as possible first and then try to gain muscle mass after .I really didnโ€™t want to approach a personal trainer nor a nutritionist as I thought l knew everything on how to get there ..Well the basic fundamentals of it.

Clearly should have gone to the experts as they would have made the journey much more easier and enjoyable .But hey , Ya know me and my Ego problemsss๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ( Mr Know it All)๐Ÿ˜‚.. Had to put whatever Iโ€™ve learnt so far to test ๐Ÿ˜‹

I Achieved majority of my goals set on for the 12 weeks but Missed out on some major ones aswell ๐Ÿ˜žbut overall it worked out for me pretty well for me I guess ๐Ÿ™‚

Here are the overall highs and lows of my Goals ifyouโ€™re up for a long read ๐Ÿ˜‚:

1๏ธโƒฃDrop Body Fat Percentage to 9%โŒ
Started my journey at 24% body fat as per Evolt 360 Dexta scanner .My aim was to get to 9% body fat ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ Sadly , only managed to get to 11.5% on my final scan on 1st Nov โŒ๐Ÿ˜ญ Really disappointed here as I had put a lot of effort on minimising my body fat and wanted to get to 9% soooo bad๐Ÿ˜‘ So sooooo close yet so far away ๐Ÿ˜ญ. Probably it was too steep of a mountain to climb alone but Overall Happy as I have managed to shred 12.5 % of my bodyfat all by myself ๐Ÿ˜

2๏ธโƒฃ Scale Victory โœ…
Started off at 104 kgs .Main objective here was to get to around 90 kgs . Didnโ€™t necessarily put too much emphasis on the scale as my main focus was primarily on the body fat percentage .But Dangg Boy ! , This worked out on my favour so good ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Managed to get down the 83.1 Kgs on my final day .. lost 20.9 kgs all up boy !!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฌ..

3๏ธโƒฃ Nutrition knowledge โœ…
My goal here was to find food that I will enjoy on the shred for the 3 months ( In other words ,food that I can eat that wont make me throw up ๐Ÿคข ๐Ÿ˜‚) As they say ,80% of your body is made in the kitchen .I would say this was one of the most challenging aspects of my shred . Finding the right food that I can sustain on the long run . I spent countless hours trying to figure out what would work for me which could fit the macros I set for myself . The trial and error method got me good but I swear I appreciate every minute spent on the research as my knowledge on nutrition has broadened and finally found out food my my body can adhere .This was a win win all around ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿป

4๏ธโƒฃLeaning out and sticking on the plan for the whole Journey โœ…
I always did a half-*kitten* job on cutting and bulking . Iโ€™m probably cutting for 5 minutes and nek minit โ€˜ Iโ€™m planning my major bulk โ€˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚. My main aim here was to stay onโ€™ for the whole 12 weeks until the very end . My god ! it was one of the toughest obstacle that Iโ€™ve faced so far in life .. the stress , The urge for KFC ๐Ÿ— ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, Magnum ๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚ sweet Mother nature !! ๐Ÿ˜‚ .. Not gunnaโ€™ lie , I did give up a few times , but then motivated myself to get back on as I knew eventually it will be worth it . Well at the end ,Iโ€™ can surely tell you that this is one of my proudest accomplishment ever โ˜บ๏ธ

5๏ธโƒฃ Finding my Abs ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ โœ…
Clearly everyone a bit chubs starts of their diet dreaming of getting a set of abs .Well some sort of definition on the abs area ,Right ? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Aww well the majority of the people that I know do and I was Cleary one of them ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ.. I knew getting a set of 6 pack abs from a beer belly would be mere impossible so I convinced myself to set a goal of having a flat stomach by the end with some sort of lines on it ๐Ÿค”. I knew from the beginning thatโ€™ that region would be the last place the fat will go from . It takes a lot of will power to be patient here to see a flat belly .Cause As you stand there , see your arms and legs have pretty much โ€˜chickenedโ€™ out on the first half of the journey ,but them flat stomach is no where to be seen ๐Ÿ˜‚ but hey you know Abs is priority right ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ .. Iโ€™ll take the credit for this one as I can see visible lines on me now๐Ÿ˜‰ .. l swear Super Duper proud on getting my flat belly ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜

Those 5 were my major goals for this shred .Im honestly super proud of myself for this ..
(cause I get to take all the credit ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚)

Mentally ,physically and emotionally ,it was a huge challenge for me especially because I tried to do it all alone .๐Ÿ˜‚ Mate, Iโ€™ll say it again ,The transition is much more easier with a P.T and Nutritionist if yโ€™all tryna shred or gain Size .iโ€™ve seen emโ€™ get to there goals on a much more shorter time frame and much less effort than what I endured. BUT BUT you know mee , gotta make simple stuff complicated and a struggle cause Iโ€™m all about that life ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜‚ PLUS my the major contributor โ€˜MY EGO โ€˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This Journey got me new friends too .Them fitness Experts , Personal Trainers and Fitness lovers .
All of them most probably saw me crying with my weight at the gym and must have been like โ€˜ Here boy .โ€™ Hereโ€™s a free tip .it will help you stay on course ,Just please donโ€™t cry , it makes you look more uglier ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃโ€ .. But Hey , Honestly Thank you everyone who knowingly , unknowingly helped me out here..I swear without yโ€™all ,Iโ€™d still be #FatBoyProblems ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™d do a before and after photo to show you my progress but TBH ,I want to live the moment for now ,so Iโ€™ll probably leave it for some other time ๐Ÿ˜‚ This is mee now ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ No Longer thatโ€™ Fat but then again l still got em ๐Ÿ’ฏ problems ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

If you didnโ€™t know by now .
IM REALLY REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF
And now son , You know โ—๏ธ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thank you for reading my crap ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ ๐Ÿ™‚ My Rant is finally Finito ( I feel you here man Even I too thought Iโ€™d never stop ๐Ÿ˜‚)

๐Ÿ“Just me doing meee ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!