Did your face fill back out in maintenance?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited November 2019
    @lightenup2016

Check the link below. I think that you will get answers to your questions in those postings.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10207059/before-and-after-face-edition/p100
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Not really. I feel like maybe it sagged a little more right after the weight loss. It's been over 5 yrs now, and I'm also older.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I don’t have time to locate the photo right now but I will post a comparison shot later. My face did get better after a year.
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    My face fills out if I gain a few lbs back but not if I’m just maintaining the weight in which i was “gaunt”
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    erjones11 wrote: »
    Yes, I am more wrinkled with the weight off. I started taking collagen supplements about two months ago. I was hoping it would help my other saggy weight loss issue, 85 pounds and on maintenance now for a year and two months.

I think the collagen has helped my joints thus far, otherwise I may be just wasting my money, time will tell.

Doe some research and make up your own mind. The below article briefly discusses potential benefits and safety concerns:
    https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/news/20180308/collagen-supplements-what-the-research-shows

This is sort of funny to me anyway. Been doing the collagen supplement now for about three months. Yesterday my wife asks if I am getting botox injections, which I am not. Not really taken collagen for my dace but...
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    @rheddmobile - wow. You clearly have great skin, which helps, but I am knocked out by the difference between first and last pictures. Yes, it's subtle, but very noticeable when compared side by side.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited December 2019
    I’ve only lost 13 lbs so far, but I’m already seeing more lines in my face, and I look older and tired. I’ve read that some people who have seen the same thing, see their face fill back out a little in maintenance. How many have experienced this? I’m hoping it’s temporary, maybe from the calorie deficit? I am 46, so maybe just age? But I’ve seen a definite change in the last two months...
    Thanks!

Wait till you hit 54 like me 😛 I figure if my face doesn't fill out a little, dealing with that and some squishy skin is much better than the alternative of being obese again!

^^ Exactly right. For me, it's not my face, but my neck. Ugh. Suddenly, I'm starting to resemble a mummy (and I don't mean a British mother). I'd rather have wrinkles, though, than a stroke, or be one of those obese older people taking millions of pills to stay alive.

Edited to add @rheddmobile, you look great and give me hope. Thanks for posting those photos and congrats on your weight loss.
  • SlayLikeAWarrior
    SlayLikeAWarrior Posts: 89 Member
    I’ve only lost 13 lbs so far, but I’m already seeing more lines in my face, and I look older and tired. I’ve read that some people who have seen the same thing, see their face fill back out a little in maintenance. How many have experienced this? I’m hoping it’s temporary, maybe from the calorie deficit? I am 46, so maybe just age? But I’ve seen a definite change in the last two months...
    Thanks!

Maybe this article can help?

https://livestrong.com/article/547156-how-to-keep-a-full-face-when-losing-weight/
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    pjwrt wrote: »
    Ageists! As an old person, I'm hurt by your hateful comments about wrinkles. Every wrinkle, every scar is a badge of honor. Give me a woman with age over a young Italian supermodel sunbathing in her Turin villa any day. Besides,that hollowed-out-heroin-user look is all the rage. Get hip hipster clothes and go with it!

If you are a man, the bolded part is BS!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I have to admit that my saggy neck from my successful weightless bothers me to the point of thinking maybe I should weigh more, and lift weights to shape my body and to keep smaller, while retaining some fat so I don't look older. I'm doing face yoga and using retin A and other creams and giving it a good chance to improve..but I just don't know.

I think most people look younger thinner..but I have seen some after photos on here where people look way older.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I look years and years younger. I see my younger self in the mirror.