Weight chart at dr.'s office

For some reason, the weight chart at my dr.'s office contributed to my re-joining MFP. I was not
happy seeing my 158.4 lbs in the OBESE column :/ And zipping up my jeans? I won't even go there...
So here I am at 154.8 after 3 weeks. I lost quickly at first, have now plateau-ed, but remain determined to get to 146 lbs.

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    It's not really a plateau until it's been 4-6 weeks. You're doing GREAT! I'm currently at 158.2ish and working my way down to about 145ish. Plan is to take around 24 weeks to get there. I'm in no rush. I won't need a "bathing-suit ready body" until spring anyway. :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Weighing at the Dr.’s office was what made me get serious, too.
    I had an infection and swelling in my mouth, so I couldn’t eat and had a hard time even drinking water, so I lost a lot of weight quickly (water weight). At the Dr. my height and weight put me in an overweight BMI, not obese. I had been losing a little weight over the years, but that’s the first time I realized I was that close to a healthy weight, so I got excited about losing a little more.
    We can do this. It’s been slow for me, too. But I’m not quitting! Let’s do this!