NO MORE LATE NIGHT SNACKING in December 2019

dewit
dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
We have had this going on for a while now, but with the shorter daylight in winter, it's even more necessary to keep an eye on what we eat in the evening. Let's finish this year strong!

If you feel like you're self-sabotaging by munching/bingeing after dinner or like you're doubling your in-calories at night , then join us in fighting late night snacking !

How this goes:
- each of us decides what late night snacking means to them (could be either bingeing, if you're inclined to it or simply eating anything at all after a certain time; some may find that having a healthy snack after dinner is perfectly alright and be upset only when they go overboard)
- we post by the formula: Me: X vs. LNS: Y, where X is "how many evenings you stuck to it" and Y "the times late night snacks won". You may want to also add a * to the latest number.
- feel free to also post streaks of how many days you've managed to be free of late night snacking

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Me: 20
    LNS: 10

Streak +1
  • JasonJoyHedenskog
    JasonJoyHedenskog Posts: 143 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 0

Day 1
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,837 Member
    I'm coming out swinging this month. November was the late-night-snackiest month I've had in the two years I've been doing this. I won't let it beat me!
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    edited December 2019
    I am coming off a perfect November so I am pumped for December.

Okay everyone, let's rock this month. Especially on the non party days.
  • momefee
    momefee Posts: 66 Member
    Okay, I'm excited to give it a go....I think I can, I think I can. :)
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    Me:1
    LNS:0
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    LNS:0
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

Day 1
    I’m excited to join the group & need the support on revamping my eating habits.
  • bugglover
    bugglover Posts: 14 Member
    I just got back on the wagon and I don’t eat enough during the day because I’m a counselor and it seems I don’t have any time set aside for myself.

Then I get home and I’m not hungry because I’m tired.

I was going to try the no eating after 7 pm thing again.

• pjcallie
    pjcallie Posts: 60 Member
    Me 1
    Lns 0
    Streak 1
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,837 Member
    edited December 2019
    Me 1
    LNS 0
    Streak 1
    I have never tracked streaks as a motivator. I'll see if it helps me. I need to do something differently.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Thanks @dewit for doing this!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Dec 1

Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 1
  • jamfullhouse
    jamfullhouse Posts: 292 Member
    I am new to tracking lapse in snacking after 8 pm but after Thanksgiving weekend with family, I need to reset. I allowed myself to continue the holiday last night but restarting today.

Me 0
    LNS 1
    Streak 0
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'll go for 7:30 during the week and 8:30 the weekends, cause sometimes we're not back home until 8 and I don't want to eat crap on the go, just because I cannot eat at home w/o compromising this challenge. As a general rule, the earlier, the better! 😉

So far so good: Me: 1 -LNS: 0
  • p_mad
    p_mad Posts: 179 Member
    LNS:1
  • caloricus
    caloricus Posts: 591 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 0
  • mariatn2003
    mariatn2003 Posts: 238 Member
    Me 2