WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Navydaddjtc
Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
Welcome cf68nv1j0vwe.png CHALLENGERS
This chat room is where the CHALLENGERS on this team meet. Here is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!

We are beginning the DECEMBER CHALLENGE - We have six (6) teams returning this month!
Our group and team leaders for the91vii32gnq9v.png Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (GROUP OWNER)
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695

Our Team Captains:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @Fitness327wk and @shbarbor
Warriors Fitness Captain.- @Navydaddjtc
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and
@TeresaW1020
*Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
*Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafeleia
*Team Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
*Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695

Our Motivators:
*Team Fitness Warriors - @ConfidentRaven
*Team Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain
*Team Trimstones - @Angmarie28
*Team Weight No More - @nstephenson01
*Team Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
*Team Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Each week, every challenger weighs in, and the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!
If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page.
In addition to weight loss, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. We have 3 different kinds of challenges. NONE is mandatory. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, though, so we hope to see you there often! Here they are:
Weekly Group Challenge - The six teams take turns to provide a Challenge for the entire group. These are posted Sundays in the Announcements area by the team assigned that particular week (see below). Everyone in the F2F Group as a whole is welcome to join in and get to know challengers from other teams. There is a new challenge every week, so you can try many new ideas.

F2F Moderators’ Challenge/Topic of the Week - The moderators also post a weekly challenge or topic in the announcements area. These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey.

Internal Team Challenges - Every team can run internal challenges - a step counting team, daily goals, weekly games or anything that can help keep everyone involved and on track. Your ideas are welcome - just post them here.

This Month’s Weekly Team Challenges will be provided by:
Week 1 – Team MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
Week 2 – Team TRIMSTONES
Week 3 – Team WEIGHT NO MORE
Week 4 – Team WAISTAWAYS
Week 5 – Team SHRINKING ASSETS

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let us know ahead of time so another team can take your place or the moderators can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified.
Let’s make our new challengers feel welcome and show them some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves, and let the new month begin.

THANKS! YOUR MODS

Replies

• Navydaddjtc
    d2dp1b6yg5y6.png

PLEASE WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE ON TEAM WAISTAWAYS
    @evelynladams527
    LET’S HELP IN GETTING THIS TEAMMATE SETTLED
    THANKS GREG
    LISELYN WILL POST THEM ON THE (insert month) SPREADSHEET
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Is it really almost December?

I am Liselyn, one of the Team WaistAways co-captains. This team is a great bunch of people, at various stages of weight loss and fitness, from all kinds of places and walks of life. But because we are online and not in each others’ back yards, the only way to really have an effective team is to be here! I encourage all of you to post often, offer ideas and suggestions when you have them, share resources, crazy theories, or things you have discovered (the ones that work AND the ones that do not). When things are going well, it is easy. But the most important time to be here is when it is not going well. Come in and rant or complain, moan and groan, and then get some encouragement to keep on going! Make a commitment to post as close to every day as possible. You won’t regret it.

This is also where you weigh in every week. Just be sure to post that right at the top (or as a separate message) so I don’t miss it. If you ever want to change your weigh in day, or you have to miss one (vacation, sickness, etc.) just let me know. Yes, we count up the team total weight loss (or gain) every week, and celebrate the teams and individuals who lose the most. But more important is getting through the weeks we don’t lose, and it happens. Do not ever feel bad about having some weeks of less than success. But please do get back on track (with your team’s help!) and stick with it until the pounds start rolling off again.

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row, you will be moved down to the support team. If you do not post at all, then you’ll end up on the drop list. We know this challenge might not be for everyone, so there is no problem if you decide to leave – but it is great if you can let us know if you are leaving, or if you just need a break for a while.

There. The rules and general idea of this team. Please enjoy! There are various challenges happening all the time, to try to keep things fresh and the transformations happening. There are cross-team challenges every week – they are optional, but can be fun and helpful. Keep an eye out for those in the “Announcements” section on the F2F main page. If you have ideas for challenges you’d like to see happen, say so – we’re always looking for good ones.

So let the introductions begin! Old and new members – tell some things about yourself. I have gone on long enough in this post, so will return to do an intro later!
  • jugar
    edited November 2019
    A huge welcome to my sistah!!!!! @evelynladams527 it will be fantastic having you on board. We'll try not to drive everyone too crazy, ok? Feel free to come and hang out on the November chat thread until Sunday if you want. :heart:
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
    You can probably guess my name by my username 🤣 32 years old, optometrist
    My first goal is to lose the 25 pounds Ive gained between
    1) my first year of marriage and
    2) kitchen renovations for the past month ( you'd never imagine how quickly those pounds stick on when you eat out every night!)

That would still put me wayy above my overall goal weight.. but I think setting small goals is much more achievable. ( ideally I'd like to lose 50lb to be at 160 lbs... don't remember ever seeing that number on the scale)

Last month I felt like all I did was moan and groan as Liselyn likes to say lol so this month I hope to be better with my food so I don't beat myself up so much lol
    Hoping my kitchen will be done mid month and I can finally start cooking again! 🤣🤣🍗🍗🍗🍗🤣🤣🤣

Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    2) Log my food daily! The pretty, the ugly and the so-so days
    3) Plan my meals every night before bed
    4) 10,000 steps daily ( gym 3x week if my plantar fasciaitis gets better)
    5) Post on here daily

Good luck to everyone! We got this!!
  • eyezbydiana
    jugar wrote: »
    A huge welcome to my sistah!!!!! @evelynladams527 it will be fantastic having you on board. We'll try not to drive everyone too crazy, ok? Feel free to come and hang out on the November chat thread until Sunday if you want. :heart:

WELCOME @evelynladams527
  • jugar
    jugar wrote: »

WELCOME @evelynladams527

I just KNOW you two are going to talk plantar fasciitis together. Conquer that mess together!
  • eyezbydiana
    @evelynladams527 omg plantar fasiitis is such a pain. Are you doing any stretches? Or avoiding working out. My podiatrist wanted to inject, but I plan to refuse lol
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Hello to every member, new and previous!

I'm Amber, 31, Canadian. So far in 2019 I've lost 63 pounds. In 2020, I'm aiming for goal weight, somewhere around 150 pounds.

December is my hell month, so I'll either be here less, or twice as often to avoid facing my work. Hard to say. ;)

I accept all friend requests, and my diary is open. I faithfully log everything every day, except for the occasional pickle or quick sip of someone's drink.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited November 2019
    A big December hello to all our team members, continuing and new. I’m Michele, 56 and one of your co-captains with @jugar. I live in North Carolina now, but lived in the northeast for most of my life and California for two years. (Long enough to meet my hubby lol).

I have been with this team since February. It has been the best thing I’ve done on MFP to date. So much support, encouragement and motivation from these wonderful teammates. My losses have been extremely slow, but steady mostly. I’ve hit two major plateaus along the way, but they have been helpful in understanding how my body works. Most importantly, I’ve learned not to give up.

Glad you’ve joined the team if you’re new. Continuing friends, thank you so much for all your comments, support and motivation. You really rock!!! Let’s have a great December. 👍🏻💪🏼😁
  • micki48
    Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    2) Log my food daily! The pretty, the ugly and the so-so days
    3) Plan my meals every night before bed
    4) 10,000 steps daily ( gym 3x week if my plantar fasciaitis gets better)
    5) Post on here daily

@eyezbydiana LOVE YOUR GOALS!! 😍🥰

I’m going to borrow your format. Hope you don’t mind.

Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly (that last one 😝)
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼
    5) Post on team thread daily 🎉
  • eyezbydiana
    Perfect @micki48 now we can police each other 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • micki48

Do it!!! 👏🏼👏🏼 My biggest challenges are definitely 1 and 4.
  • eyezbydiana
    micki48 wrote: »

Do it!!! 👏🏼👏🏼 My biggest challenges are definitely 1 and 4.

Mine are definitely 1 and 2
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2019
    THE TALLIES FOR THE t40376qqsqyq.jpgWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 3.3 POUNDS OR 0.01%

0tgbz3meo4gv.png
    THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Trimstones 0.32%
    INDIVIDUAL % kmfeig87 3.68%
    TEAM LBS LOST Trimstones 11.2
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST kmfeig87 5.0

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Trimstones 0.32%
    2nd WaistAways 0.15%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.03%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Trimstones 11.2
    2nd WaistAways 5.9
    3rd Shrinking Assets 1.3

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE

1st @kmfeig87 3.68%
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 1.83%
    3rd @amytriesww 1.76%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @kmfeig87 5.0
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 3.8
    3rd @amytriesww 3.7

HONORABLE MENTIONS

@jenready
    @Pearl4686
    @DreaRN15
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @mrmcgrath
    @tryingagain5
    @offitgoes
    @CharlesScott78
    @reflectionofme
  • Navydaddjtc
    edited December 2019
    THE TALLIES FOR THE29vibdret3px.pngWEIGHT LOSS AND SUPPORT GROUP ARE IN
    GRAND FINALE
    HERE IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

AS A WHOLE WE LOST 132.9 POUNDS OR 0.57%

d663yovq3t0b.png

THE WINNERS ARE...

TEAM % Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    INDIVIDUAL % Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    TEAM LBS LOST Shrinking Assets 51.9
    INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST CharlesScott78 19.4

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE

1st Shrinking Assets 1.15%
    2nd Workout Warriors 0.90%
    3rd Weight No More 0.77%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOST
    1st Shrinking Assets 51.9
    2nd Workout Warriors 41.1
    3rd Weight No More 23.9

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Krystalkayefisher 5.98%
    2nd @Lindamtuck2018 5.03%
    3rd @amytriesww 4.93%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOST
    1st @CharlesScott78 19.4
    2nd @Krystalkayefisher 13.0
    3rd @amytriesww 11.0

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @CharlesScott78
    @kmargut
    @ConfidentRaven
    @Safari_Gal_
    @walkerjulian78
    @Shortgirlrunning
    @KathynDes
    @cafelelia
    @mrmcgrath
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    First December Weigh In: 208.6

It was lower, but given my partying lifestyle this weekend I'm glad it's not much higher. Some of that is water, presumably.

I'm going to try hard for Onderland by the end of the year. It's a stretch. Maybe I won't make it. But I'm gonna try anyway.
  • eyezbydiana
    Terytha wrote: »
    First December Weigh In: 208.6

It was lower, but given my partying lifestyle this weekend I'm glad it's not much higher. Some of that is water, presumably.

I'm going to try hard for Onderland by the end of the year. It's a stretch. Maybe I won't make it. But I'm gonna try anyway.

Are we posting new weights?
    I'm a little confused on the beginning as last month I entered late. My weigh in day is Saturday so do I post today? Or at the end of week 1 next Saturday?
  • jugar
    Are we posting new weights?
    I'm a little confused on the beginning as last month I entered late. My weigh in day is Saturday so do I post today? Or at the end of week 1 next Saturday?

The beginning of the month is always confusing! Our weeks always start on a Sunday, no matter what the date. So your weigh in from yesterday was the end of November. Your week 1 for December will be the 7th. But the Sunday people have week 1 today already! So all is well - just sit back and have a great week.

Wait a minute. NO SITTING BACK! Plan, log, move and make it a fantastic week!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Captain’s responsibilities include:

* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
    * Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
    * Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
    * Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
    * Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
    * Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
    * Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
    * Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
    * Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.
This discussion has been closed.