Women 60+ Fighting for it!

Hi Ladies,
As you know, when you get a little older, your metabolism tries to sleep, but I'm fighting that "standard" as hard as I can.

I am fairly new to MyFitnessPal. I'm beginning my 6th week this week. I lost 9 pounds the first five weeks. I wish that it had been more, but I'm grateful for what I have accomplished so far. However, I want the results for the next 5 weeks to be better....even if it's my only 1 pound! Ten pounds in five weeks would be great! So I plan to add more cardio and more strength training.

If you are 60+ and struggling with a slow metabolism, reach out; maybe we can encourage one another and provide some metabolism-kicking tips.

Tammy

Replies

• pamelatume7277
    pamelatume7277 Posts: 1 Member
    Your awesome. My 20 year old niece introduced me to app and this is day one. I may have a long road ahead, but it sure is great to have folks in my age range to encourage the path.
  • lindastanley82
    lindastanley82 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi all - I'm back on myfitnesspal after a long absence. At 64, I'm discouraged that the number on the scale just keeps going up. None of my clothes fit unless it's exercise wear. I'm going to a nutritionist now and working on getting my thyroid working again. I'm re-learning healthy eating patterns. I have to admit that years of bad eating patterns have certainly contributed to the weight gain. And I'm going to the gym again on a regular basis. I know the weight won't drop off overnight but I'm determined to stay with this routine. I keep reading "slow and steady" is the way to go.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,243 Member
    I'm 57 it's taking a long while to achieve goals but steadily does it I suppose, good luck everyone
  • talexander1837
    talexander1837 Posts: 14 Member
    Good luck everyone! It sounds like we are all in the same battle (lose weight, gain weight, dealing with years of bad eating habits), but this time, I am going to beat this! This app is working for me. WE ARE ALL GOING TO FIGHT THIS BATTLE AND WIN THIS TIME.

I fell off the wagon over the Thanksgiving weekend (you notice I didn't say Thanksgiving Day...I messed up on Th, Fri, Sat, and Sun!), but came back hard at it on Monday. Thanks for all of the encouraging words and the tips. Hang in there everyone. We can do this!
  • annliz23
    Dont worry I think this time of year is hard for weight loss, Halloween parties, bonfire nightbpartoes, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years its s huge battle but stick with it you can do it just eat and drink in moderation and if you have a bad day then next have a good one slowly they counter balance themselves if you stick at it😀
  • talexander1837
    Good advise. Thanks!
  • talexander1837
    Oops! *Advice
  • talexander1837
    How's it going everybody? After week 6, I'm down 11 pounds. Not quite where I wanted to be, but I'll take the win.
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Congrats on the great work, talexander!
  • upsidedown1
    upsidedown1 Posts: 12 Member
    Just started (again) ... this site is very encouraging... hope to be posting weigh loss results...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    How's it going everybody? After week 6, I'm down 11 pounds. Not quite where I wanted to be, but I'll take the win.

That's a really fast loss rate, just great if you have a fair bit to lose. Nice work!
  • annliz23
    Weight up and down but feeling more toned so thats a positive , keep going everyone believe in yourselves!
  • talexander1837
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I'm trying to focus on a week at a time, and not the whole 60+ pounds that I need to lose. With this app and this community, I feel stronger than I have in the past. I know that I'll get there!

We will all get there...even if there are days when we don't do as well as we'd like, and even if there are some ups and downs on the scale. Hang in there!
  • annliz23
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I'm trying to focus on a week at a time, and not the whole 60+ pounds that I need to lose. With this app and this community, I feel stronger than I have in the past. I know that I'll get there!

We will all get there...even if there are days when we don't do as well as we'd like, and even if there are some ups and downs on the scale. Hang in there!

Of course you will , it's the support that helps!