DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    01/12: CW: 150.0: - 0.9 I’ve been working on strength for several days with a not unexpected effect. It seems I can't build muscle and lose weight at the same time. And I always thought I was good at multi-tasking!!! 😂 But I will keep at it!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT: Sun 1 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: chores✅
    • 2pm: visit DED and grands✅

JFT: Mon 2 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Creative Writing
    • 2pm: Monday Painters

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    (I'm extending this Personal Challenge)
    Stay under goal until Christmas Eve
    Days Under: 27/27
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    wpnk3g6y9umh.jpeg

OMG -- this is absolutely beautiful!!! what talent!! My mother used to bake wedding cakes a lot ... I tried just a couple times, but no luck. This is just beautiful! I would hate to cut into it!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Sunday December 1st

How did that happen? I just can’t keep up and now it’s December!

Another day without posting goals and being in the red however I did force myself to meet my Fitbit goals. I did think about not bothering but then things would have been worse....

Tomorrow I marzipan the cake and Tuesday it gets iced. I just hope the board to sit it on turns up on those (ordered from amazon). @terririchards I will post a picture of the finished cake. I enjoy cake icing and have made a few wedding cakes for friends. This one was for my PA (her choice of design and colours for a small family gathering) wpnk3g6y9umh.jpeg

Wow that is beautiful!!!
    Too beautiful to eat haha I just couldn't!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    @Bex953172 You have great skills for which we are thankful. Keep doing what you do, and being who you are.
    @mytime6630 Wonderful start. One day at a time, right? And you're still here, so you haven't let anyone down, least of all, us. We all need advice from time to time. It's what we do with the advice that counts.
    @Snowflake1968 Sorry you had disappointing sales. I don't think people realise the time taken to make hand crafted goods.

I agree with Terri!

@Bex953172 You really do have a lot of wisdom for someone so young. You make me laugh and you make me think. I'm so happy I've gotten to "know" you!

@mytime6630 You have NOT let anyone down!! We all love you and we are all here to listen any time you need us. We all come here with our bad days or bad times of year, and that's what makes this thread so awesome...because we are friends and we truly care about each other. Please don't ever feel you've let us down. IF it weren't for you, we wouldn't all have met! I, for one, am so thankful for you!

@Snowflake1968 I hope things pick up for you! I remember last year seemed to be a good year for you, wasn't it? I agree with Terri, that people really don't know how much time and work goes into these items. One day at a time, my friend. *hugs*
  • PackerFanInGB
    Sunday December 1st

How did that happen? I just can’t keep up and now it’s December!

Another day without posting goals and being in the red however I did force myself to meet my Fitbit goals. I did think about not bothering but then things would have been worse....

Tomorrow I marzipan the cake and Tuesday it gets iced. I just hope the board to sit it on turns up on those (ordered from amazon). @terririchards I will post a picture of the finished cake. I enjoy cake icing and have made a few wedding cakes for friends. This one was for my PA (her choice of design and colours for a small family gathering) wpnk3g6y9umh.jpeg

Beautiful cake! Such talent!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Checking in to get caught up reading posts! I'll hop on in the morning to post goals. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Keep carb count low
    4. Workout at home
    5. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited December 2019
    Good morning! I seriously fell off the last few days but today is a new day and I'm ready to do this.

This month there are four instances where I will allow myself to go over calories:

1. Work Christmas party (not sure exactly the date yet)
    2. My birthday (12/22)
    3. My mom's birthday (12/24)
    4. Christmas (12/25)

That is plenty of chances to enjoy birthday and holiday goodness and there is NO REASON for me to go over on a day that isn't one of those.

Anyways.. here is my short list for today:

JFT 12/2:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Wash a load of laundry
    3. Put away a load of laundry
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Get cart. Print summer project checklist, research rubric.
    3. Class 1: Grammar unit 3 practice. Writing assignment. Begin project.
    4. Class 2-3: Grammar unit 3 practice. Writing assignment. Organize 1-4 and submit. Chapter 5. Check Goodreads updates.
    5. Planning: Put ALL grades in PS. Read 20 pages of Stamped. Update Goodreads. Run reports. Print plans and rosters for sub for Thursday. Return poetry projects.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Email student. Dinner: Pasta or soup. Put late work in bag to return tomorrow.
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Tuesday 11/26 writer meeting. Wed 12/5 dept meeting 7 AM. Thu 12/6 workshop; need sub plans. Bring water flavors, gum, and makeup bag to school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Sun Dec 8 1:15. Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Hey everyone. Ive been quietly following over the holidays, but no posting or logging. The time off of work spent with family was so nice. DH and I bought a crib! He also surprised me with a mobile, sheets, blankie, and night light.. Its so sweet seeing him so excited. He had some friends over and I spent the night at my mom's on Saturday cause I was just too tired to do anymore socializing. But I guess he couldnt stop gushing about how excited he is! I'm working from home today due to the snow. I did really well over the holidays to enjoy but not overindulge. I also finished stacking all the wood yesterday so I definitely burned some of those pie calories off! I kind of love the first storm of the season and the cold calm before the storm, so it was kind of theraputeic for me to work around outside. Thankful to be home today to do chores as well cause ive got some catching up to do. Back to some basics today...

JFT
    1. Water!
    2. Log all food
    3. 2 loads of laundry
    4. Put ALL laundry away
    5. Sweep/vac
    6. Empty dishwasher
    7. Create all email documents
    8. Salt steps before dark
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Hi all, took the long weekend to not log or even be online much. Have caught up with all the JFT posts b/c I can't not read what everyone's been up to! Hugs to you all! <3

The holiday weekend was a big bust for me. Hubby experienced a health matter Thurs. night that scared us both (thankfully resolved without issue). Had me thinking lots about our own mortality. That, and crap weather including rain & sleet on Sat. and 7" snow Sun. had me feeling pretty down, and I didn't care how much I ate. Just excuses, I know. I didn't drink my usual water. I didn't work out much, partly to rest my knee with tendinitis, partly due to travel, partly lazy. I did shovel wet, heavy snow & walk dog yesterday after snow mostly stopped, and man, walking in fresh snow is truly a workout! However, my pants are feeling uncomfortably tight, and my weight continues to creep up. I really want to get back on track!

JFT M 12/2
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Prelogged meals & snacks / no snacks at salon! / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Check chapter emails / set up KK rule (what a pest) / clear Inbox more / play in Cognos
    4) Evening: haircut 5:00 / Schwan's delivery / start setting up creches / read Advent booklet & chapters 1-2 of Luke (something new this year) / make wish list for hubby / plan for Giving Tuesday / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (workout T before work)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food... my sweet tooth, especially chocolate... portion control... FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). Saturday a.m. is my MFP weigh-in logging day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale. No goal dates set ~ this is not a diet but my lifestyle.

Age 62, 5'4.5"
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 145 - 150 [Need to be realistic! Revised from 140 - 145]

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02/17 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21/17 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09/17 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17/18 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)
    03/31 = 153.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before / Badger State Brewing 10K 1:30:28.82 and average pace 14:35 :smiley:
    04/07 = 154.5 ack ~ ate Easter candy most evenings
    04/14 = 153.5 Day 1 of record-setting blizzard ~ yuck! Followed by day 2 of blizzard, then snow day (no work / still shoveling & plowing) on Monday ~ in APRIL ~ yikes! :p
    04/21 = 153.5 after such weird week & daily weight fluctuations, happy to maintain
    04/28 = 152.0
    05/05 = 153.5 kinda stalled three months + feeling hungry more often ~ since w/i 10# of goal, changed MFP setting to lose 1/2 lb. per week & see how it goes
    05/12 = 153.5 ok with this ~ think changing my MFP setting, and having more net calories to play with, is agreeing with me ~ I'm not so hungry all the time
    05/19 = 154.0 drinks (2 margaritas) & dinner w/ BFF night before + enjoyed everything!
    05/26/18 = 153.0 Health Risk Assessment 5/15/18 ~ BMI 25.6 :star:
    06/02 = 153.0 basically in maintenance for now ~ I'll take it!
    06/09 = 152.5 Bellin Run 10K 1:28:12 split time 45:03 ave. pace 14:12 ~ beat goal of < 1:30 :star:
    06/16 = 152.0
    06/23 = 156.0 end of vacation week & lots of eating out
    06/30 = 155.5
    07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Ack!
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5 Packers 5K 44:50 ave pace 14:26 min/mile ~ beat goal < 45:00 :star:
    07/28 = 157.5 peanut M&M attacks (eek) + dinner out w/ SIL/niece (yum!) + staff luncheon (ick)
    08/03 = 155.5 started Evening Snack Challenge on JFT
    08/11 = 158.0 stressful week (job crap ~ hubby's & my own) >:) , Chinese buffet 1 evening & Feast with the Beasts (so worth it!)
    08/18 = 157.5 saw 156.0 during week ~ evening snack challenge not. so. good.
    08/25 = 156.0 prelogged as much as possible & CICO getting better
    09/01 = 154.5 included Taste on Broadway & office relocation so packing & moving boxes ~ very pleased
    09/08 = 157.5 too many office bday indulgences / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 44:27 & ave. pace 14:16 ~ beat goal of < 44:30 :star:
    09/15 = 156.0
    09/22 = 155.5 maybe lower if not for Pizza Ranch prairie pizza & wine at BFF's the night before
    09/29 = 154.0
    10/06 = 155.0 may include water retention in muscles b/c resumed home version of weights & circuit-training day before
    10/13 = 157.0 birthday treats & adult beverages / walked in Run for the Hill of It 5K in 48:13 pace 15:32 & hill 2:01 ~ beat both time (part unpaved trail with sloppy conditions due to 5" rain over preceding week) & hill (finish is UP a steep sledding hill) from last year :star: and learned only 25 out of 267 participants finished the hill < 1 min.
    10/20 = 155.0
    10/27 = 158.0 oops... lots of leaf-raking the evening before + too. much. snacking.
    11/03 = 156.5 better planning / stopped evening snacking (mostly)
    11/10 = 156.0 basically stuck in maintenance mode ~ not the worst thing
    11/17 = 157.0
    11/24 = 159.5 Thanksgiving week & paid time off with hubby ~ def going in wrong direction ~ oops
    12/01 = 157.5 Jingle Bell 5K 45:38 & ave. pace 14:42 ~ not bad
    12/08 = 157.0
    12/15 = 156.5 clearly in maintenance mode all year ~ not exactly the plan but I'm ok with this for now ~ really happy to stay 1-5-anything
    12/22 = 155.5 surprised by this ~ maybe due to much later than normal weigh-in (late start to the day)
    12/29/18 = 159.5 stayed 1-5-anything over holidays & vacation days at home
    01/05/19 = 157.5
    01/12 = 158.0 Frenzy on the Fox 5K 1/11 with friends ~ not timed / MapMyWalk 54:19
    01/19 = 158.0 maintained even with evening snacking & skipped workouts
    01/26 = 157.5
    02/02 = 158.5 hubby's traditional bday dinner + leftovers + evening snacking ~ oops
    02/09 = 158.5 ok with no gain / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 48:34:89 & ave. pace 15:89 in below zero temps & icy mile 2
    02/16 = 158.0
    02/23 = 160.0 oops... deserved, net cals & sodium def red prior 3 days. Annual physical 2/26 159.6 fully clothed.
    03/02 = 159.5
    03/09 = 157.5
    03/16 = 158.0 feeling unwell & no workouts all week
    03/23 = 157.5 finally feeling better
    03/31 = 160.5 posting Sun. month end w/i ~ too many days, net calories RED. Badger State Brewing 10K 3/30 in 1:28:14 & ave. pace 14:12 and beat goal < 1:30 :star:
    04/06 = 160.0 saw 158.5 during week
    04/13 = 159.5
    Hiatus from MFP 4/17 - 4/29 (Easter 4/21)
    05/04 = 161.5 logging again starting 4/30
    05/11 = 163.0 ack
    05/18 = 163.0 no gain
    05/25 = 163.0 could be worse
    06/01 = 162.0
    06/08 = 162.0 pre-race spaghetti night before / Bellin Run 10K 1:29:54 split 44:13 ave. pace 14:29
    06/15 = 164.0 ate at fast food, cafe (brunch), pub (happy hour), seminar (lunch), dinner at BFF's (sangria)
    06/22 = 162.5 better eating & tracking
    06/29 = 163.5 two days of conference food
    07/06 = 162.5
    07/13 = 163.5 two out-of-town family parties + diner food + drinks/dinner at Mexican restaurant
    07/20 = 166.0 cousin's funeral luncheon (one whole table w/ family desserts) + restaurant week lunch w/ hubby + pizza supper w/ hubby
    07/27 = 165.0
    08/03 = 164.5 happy to see any loss at all... I am the tortoise :D
    08/10 = 167.5 high sodium & emotional eating
    08/17 = 167.5
    08/24 = 165.5
    08/31 = 169.5 staycation week & ate whatever I wanted
    09/07 = 167.0 flushed sodium & water weight / City Stadium 5K for Veterans 45:12 (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:33
    09/14 = 166.5
    09/21 = 166.0
    09/27 = 165.5
    10/05 = 167.5 pre-race food ~ Pink Pumpkin 5K 44:06 :star: (goal < 45:00) & ave. pace 14:12
    10/12 = 165.5 eating back on track ~ Run for the Hill of It 5K (trail event) 48:06 & hill 1:58 :star: (goal < 2 min.)
    10/19 = 165.5
    10/26 = 165.0 slowly but surely... my lifestyle is NOT a diet :D
    11/02 = 165.5 party (Maru & Jack) food night before
    11/09 = 164.5 few days of staying at zero net calories works!
    11/16 = 165.0 rare Fri. night dinner date w/ hubby at local cafe ~ totally worth it!
    11/23 = 166.0 wrong way again
    11/30 = 168.0 ACK!!!

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • PackerFanInGB
    Hi everyone! Needless to say, I ate too much on Thanksgiving and felt like crap for a few days afterwards. It's my pattern, and I really need it to stop! However, I got back on track Saturday and Sunday by saying NO to sugar, flour and dairy and actually feel less bloated today already. My body truly does react to what I eat. I even dropped 2.2 lbs since Friday. So, back on my healthy foods again today. Like @cschmitz110515 , I got kind of bummed with the crap weather too this weekend because I wanted to take my dog out for a few walks and look at the pretty snowfall. But it got so cold and windy I couldn't do it. Boo... :(

It's kind of late to post goals, but I'm going to anyway since they are in my head and I need to be accountable.

Just for Today (Monday, 12/2)
    1. Journal every bite, good or bad
    2. 80 oz water
    3. No sugar/flour/dairy
    4. Prepare for work tomorrow: coffeemaker / lunchbox / outfit
    5. 30 minutes intentional activity
    6. Bible study
    7. 15+ minutes self care
    8. Close food journal
    9. Bedtime Routine: wash & moisturize / floss / gratitude journal 5 items from today / DO & SA readings / Read

WOTY 2019: Tenacity

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    The only failure is giving up!
    02/12: CW: 150.0: - 0.8 I’ve been working on strength for several days with a not unexpected effect. It seems I can't build muscle and lose weight at the same time. And I always thought I was good at multi-tasking!!! 😂 But I will keep at it!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores
    [/spoiler

Goals: 🎄
    Activities:
    • am: Creative Writing 🌲
    • 2pm: Monday Painters 🌲
    JFT: Tue 3 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Patchwork Group
    Stay under goal until Christmas Eve
    Days Under: 28/28
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    edited December 2019
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan

5'11"

SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    5'11"
    GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5 -- Starting Date Monday, November 11
    5'11"
    SW :183.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 178.6

CW: 181.2 (current weight today) -2.4 This is after having about 4 days of eating too much .. thanksgiving, leftovers, and just not caring. Today, I started caring again!

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Keep carb count low👍
    4. Workout at home 👍
    5. Meditate 👎 fell asleep before I could

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Meditate
    5. Leave work on time
  • Fitdaily2021
    Fitdaily2021 Posts: 8 Member
    I enjoy everyones's posts- will definately check in here often. Listening to the Great Horned Owls outside my window and loving it!
    Goals- lose this weight and move more! Sounds simple doesn't it?... but you all know it isn't. Lifestyle is quite busy and active but need more!!

Today- Beachbody on Demand for 30-45 mins with Tony Horton.
    Food - My Fitness Pal [of course] with calories balanced and within 1200-1400 cals.

Have a wonderful day and be safe to those with snow and ice on the ground and roads. I live on an Island so our winters are mild and summers are BRUTAL..
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I did pretty well yesterday but today it's time to kick it up a notch. I haven't worked out since June and it shows.. today I start again!

Yesterday 12/2:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Wash a load of laundry😑 no but did dishes..I feel like that should count lol
    3. Put away a load of laundry😑 put away dishes.. that should also count lol

JFT 12/3:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do workout
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited December 2019
    The only failure is giving up!
    03/12: CW: 149.6 : -1.2
    I’ve been working on strength for several days with a not unexpected effect. It seems I can't build muscle and lose weight at the same time. And I always thought I was good at multi-tasking!!! 😂 But I will keep at it!!!

Daily Goals

Goals: 🎄
    Activities:
    • am: Creative Writing 🌲
    • 2pm: Monday Painters 🌲
    JFT: Tue 3 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Patchwork Group