What the heck did I do??

I was closing the fridge door, have not been exercising, lifting anything heavy, etc. but now I cannot lift my arm past the level of my shoulder. This is so frustrating as I just sprained my foot doing nothing last week. Any ideas at all? I'm clueless how this could have happened. This is the exact location of the pain:

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Looks like you have broomstick armitis.
    Jokes aside. You should definitely see your family physician as you might have some serious medical condition, or hopefully just a vitamin deficiency.
  • luvmakidz
    luvmakidz Posts: 26 Member
    Looks like you have broomstick armitis.
    Jokes aside. You should definitely see your family physician as you might have some serious medical condition, or hopefully just a vitamin deficiency.

Oh great.

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited December 2019
    luvmakidz wrote: »
    I was closing the fridge door, have not been exercising, lifting anything heavy, etc. but now I cannot lift my arm past the level of my shoulder. This is so frustrating as I just sprained my foot doing nothing last week. Any ideas at all? I'm clueless how this could have happened. This is the exact location of the pain:

Our bodies are weird sometimes. I pulled a neck muscle while sleeping and was out of the gym for over a week.

See how it feels the next day or two. If it starts to improve on your own, I don't necessarily think you need to go to a doctor. But if it doesn't improve or it gets worse, I would get it checked out.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member

Maybe that's your problem. During periods of inactivity in my life, I've tended to be achy, sore and prone to injury. When I exercise consistently and weight train, I'm far less prone to injury, have no aches and pains, and am more energetic and flexible. But if you keep getting injured for "doing nothing" maybe you should check in with your doctor to see if anything is going on...
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Have you recently taken any antibiotics? Recent meaning in the last few weeks/months?

A couple of years ago, I had a reaction to Levaquin. I couldn't lift my arms without pain for months. That antibiotic (and others in the same family) can also affect your achilles tendon and other areas of the body.
  • luvmakidz
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    Have you recently taken any antibiotics? Recent meaning in the last few weeks/months?

A couple of years ago, I had a reaction to Levaquin. I couldn't lift my arms without pain for months. That antibiotic (and others in the same family) can also affect your achilles tendon and other areas of the body.

Interesting. But I don't think I have, no.
  • luvmakidz
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Maybe that's your problem. During periods of inactivity in my life, I've tended to be achy, sore and prone to injury. When I exercise consistently and weight train, I'm far less prone to injury, have no aches and pains, and am more energetic and flexible. But if you keep getting injured for "doing nothing" maybe you should check in with your doctor to see if anything is going on...

What else could be going on??
  • luvmakidz
    MikePTY wrote: »

Our bodies are weird sometimes. I pulled a neck muscle while sleeping and was out of the gym for over a week.

See how it feels the next day or two. If it starts to improve on your own, I don't necessarily think you need to go to a doctor. But if it doesn't improve or it gets worse, I would get it checked out.

I will for sure, thanks
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member

Yeah ... I tore my rotator cuff putting on a pullover one morning. :neutral:

But I've also got a pain about where the OP is pointing. I suspect it has something to do with the way I sleep.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Sounds like some sort of shoulder impingement, maybe frozen shoulder. Go see your doctor if it hasn't improved in the next couple of days. I know a couple of people who have experienced something similar, probably resulting from sleeping on their sides. Physical therapy helped for them.

I had frozen shoulder earlier this year. It started out the same way as you described. I couldn't lift may arms up past shoulder level. I thought I had pulled a bicep or deltoid muscle because I was feeling a lot of pain in the exact spot in your picture. Women in their 40's and older are more prone to frozen shoulder. Mine was probably a result of rotator cuff injury.
  • luvmakidz
    Just in case anyone refers back to this post for a similar injury, doctor said he thinks it's a rotator cuff injury referring to my arm. Physical therapy is all he thinks it needs.