40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    “I picked up the table, and I went to work on him,” she said. ‘The table broke.”

I love this woman, and we should have more stories about older people who successfully defend themselves. They are a vulnerable population and this positive publicity is the best way to see them less frequently targeted for violence.

I cracked up laughing. The EMT's and police wanted to take selfies with her. He will never be able to show his face again anywhere.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,920 Member
    I love that story, caramel!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Beast Up: Legs"=Done! Sandbags and Vest!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I have been good with the workouts this week...tomorrow will be a challenge with the amount of cooking I need to do, but I'm actually going to workout BEFORE I start cooking, and if I'm late getting where I need to be, I would rather do that than miss the workouts.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I set a goal to either stretch, yoga, or piYo every day this week. Started Sunday after a 6.5 mile run with a 10 min stretch video on YouTube. Monday was piYo sweat and yesterday was step and upper dumbbells circuit, followed by piYo core. This morning I did step boxing, a quick treadmill walk, and pull-ups/chin ups and I'll do my piYo or yoga later.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,898 Member
    Got an old school buddy staying with me this past week or so, haven't been to the gym once since he's been here, but I have had to spend time on multiple occasions shoveling snow, including a solid 90 minutes yesterday.
  • portlanfitness
    portlanfitness Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm Kenzi and from Texas and I've been overweight most of my life. I've struggled with exercise and all kinds of diets but none seem to work. Until July of this year when a friend of mine sent me a link about the Keto diet. At first I thought it was just another scammy website, but I decided to give it a try. I mean I tried EVERYTHING else, so what could it hurt. So I signed up and got information about the Keto diet and a personalized Keto diet plan. I half heartedly started using the plans and eating the food recipes and I realized that I wasn't hungry afterwords. With all the other diets I seemed to be hungry literally all the time! But for some reason I wasn't at all with this diet. For the first time in a long time, I started to have hope. I actually thought maybe this could work. And once I had the hope, I suddenly had the will to exercise. At first just walking around my neighborhood a few days a week, then walking with friends. After a few weeks I had loss almost 9 lbs. It felt great and I was instantly motivated more. I started going to the gym and doing some cardio workouts. I was sore at first but I felt great afterwards! I kept eating from my customized food plan and exercising, then before you know it I had lost over 20 lbs. Since then I've stuck with my plan and eating the wonderfully tasting food. This is the 4th month I've been on the Keto diet and I've lost an amazing 72 lbs!!! I don't even recognize myself anymore. I wish someone shared this with me years ago! I know there are so many quick weight loss diets out there that never work or that leave you hungry all the time, but this is not one of them. If you would like to look into the Keto diet plan I used, here is the link. https://tinyurl.com/KETOdiet-FASTweightloss This changed my life and it can change yours too.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    I did eat and drink way too much yesterday, but I also did workout before the festivities, so I got that going for me!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • nossmf
    90 minutes of shoveling snow (mine and my neighbor's driveway) = Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Sagi's Exclusives: Equipment Room Chest & Tris"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    I did good with food over the weekend, but the schedule was crazy busy and no workouts were completed.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids, hope all of you had a great time with your family and friends. I did not cook nor did I go anywhere. I needed ME time to workout, rest and reset. 2 programs in a day is how I decided to rock out. 15 second hangs are getting better and those pull ups, well, I am still a work in progress. Enjoy your day kids.
  • nossmf
    Hit the gym for the first time in two weeks this morning (old school buddy in town to visit, played gym hooky to spend time with him). Place was a ghost town, barely a dozen people total, got my pecs-delts-tris work done with no time spent waiting for equipment. Ugh, felt weak, but felt good to be back at it again.
  • gam3rguy
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 2: Legs"=Done! With the vest, sandbags and dumbbells!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Hey Kids, good to see the hardcore regulars are still at it! After a low impact start, I'm beginning my second month of training with my new tri coach. The first month was simply getting back into a regular training flow, while continuing to rehab my achilles.

That all changes this week as we begin to ramp up by doing two swim speed sessions and two different threshold testing sessions on the bike. That means four days of suffering in one week. Life is good. :)
  • tcunbeliever
    I only managed 15 min of glutes last night before the award ceremony...but the runner child got a leadership award for cross country, so it was time well spent even if I had to spend it away from the weights.
  • gam3rguy
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 1: Chest & Back"=Done!