• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Everyone enjoy yourselves tomorrow!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    Wednesday. Thanksgiving Eve.

500 days.

I have visited MFP for 500 days as of today. Have I logged my food every day? No. Have I weighed and measured every day? No. Have I written in thread or posted a blog every day? No. Have I consistently lost weight and reached my goal? NO!

What I have done is come to this thread, met all you wonderful people, cried happy and sad tears with you, been inspired by you, and felt a little less alone in the struggle to be healthy.

Thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your life with me. Here's to 500 more!

Happy Thanksgiving to the U.S. contingent. Stay warm to all our others (Unless it's summer, then stay cool.)☺

Twiley - happy thanksgiving and I agree with all words of your post. Great support and at least we keep trying. That is the most important thing - not to give up xxx.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    okay finally got into online banking - needed to pay bills and get my gas/electric act # for moving. usually not so excited about online banking, but I am glad it finally worked.

coworker came in to pick up her stuff she got a job at one of the state offices I had applied for so I made sure I got her phone #........

time for me to turn on the christmas shows, eat part of a chocolate muffin and curl up with miss t

wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Overslept - shocked myself so we are up a little later (think 2 hours) I knew I had day off and dog was kind enough to let me. Will set alarm and take walk out for her.

Sweeping up after storm Tuesday - laundry and knitting on my to do list. Cuddle up with dog and sleep order of the day.

Will go pick up enough Chinese food for Lunch/Dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Laundry, sweeping done. Will make a couple trips to garbage bin with items to not move. Bottom of closet is almost empty. Hope to be better in next apt --- we shall see.

Will also take a walk just to be outside and get some steps in.

Picking up food for day in about an hour. Hmmm maybe I can knit???
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone~~

Tracy - what you wrote was especially nice--well done!

Waving to Sara and Lynn and AnnLiz and Laura and everyone else who stops by~~

Lana

252.6 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving! I am trying MFP on my new iPad and kinda struggling...I will get caught up, soon...hope everyone had a wonderful day
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Grateful for the day off, I have had jobs where because it was retail, I didnt have family plans etc I had to work day after Thanksgiving. As I need to get Miss T a dog bed (new place treat) and see Vet, I am grateful they are open this weekend.

Not my best packing job, Will pack what I can and bag what I cant. I intent to go through things in boxes I cannot reach in new place. Not willing to hurt my back.

Chinese was a nice treat for my day yesterday. Post office in on "to do list" and get change of address card for post office and stamps. Right across from my hairdresser so that is convenient. So more toss and pack today. I did just roll my eyes.

Found out in my move ATT is giving me an upgrade in my computer speed. Something to appreciate as well.

If you are a day after shopper, I wish you good luck. Did it once and that was enough.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2019
    Good morning Sara~~

I never was a day-after shopper. Heck, I never was a shopper. I have never understood why people obsess about "sales".

My cousin Barbara told me yesterday morning that her son was trying to upset her plans for her family Thanksgiving dinner (he wanted her to have it earlier than her plan of 2PM), and WHY?-- because he wanted to quickly eat his food and rush to the stores that were opening for early sales on Thanksgiving Day! I hope that she stuck to her 2PM time.
    Both the son and the stores are terrible.
    People can't wait until Friday, evidently.
    I shake my head.

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Missy and Tracy and Lynn and AnnLiz and Laura and Nikki and Runa and Tracey in Edmonton and Saltine and all of the new peeps and anyone else who stops by today~~~

Lana

252.8 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 Dec 29 goal
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    I dont get these Blavk Friday sales they go on forever and if you shop sensibly you can get s bargain anyway so why all the panic and anger two women were going for it hammer and tongues over an item Lol!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2019
    Decades ago, I was talking to a woman, and she was so excited because she got something on sale. This meant everything to her. I knew the item she was speaking of, and I knew that that "sale price" WAS the going price for the item. No place ever charged the high suggested retail price for it. 🤦🏼‍♀️

A long time ago I found my sensible way of shopping: I see something, and pay zero attention to whether or not it is on sale -- a sweater or a tool or a frying pan or a table lamp or even something at the grocery store,
    and I say to myself "I will pay up to $25 (or whatever) for it.
    Then I look at the price tag.
    If the price is above my mark, I walk away. If it is at or under, I buy it. Case closed.

*gently pushing soap box back under lounge chair*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Went to take large suitcase out and computer tower landed on foot- luckily not on toes, the large suitcase was heavy and luckily it has 2 other suitcases in it. Nice surprise.

Day after Thanksgiving is good for people who are on a limited budget but they never put the basics on sale.... unless you have a 25 percent off total purchase kind of thing. It all feeds into the American Dream illusion. Most people are wonderful about things but you see the extreme cases on tv etc.

Off to post office first. Need stamps and change of address form.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Quiet weekend, couple of things on to do list.

Getting out of bed I felt one of my lower back/hip muscles. While it is not screaming at me, I ponder if packing is asking for trouble. I will seek out neighbor who offered to help -

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara
    How is your foot? Take care of yourself during this packing project. Keep your back happy and yes, get that neighbor!!

My estranged DH had his first ever colonoscopy last week, and they found a tumor. Biopsy results sometime this coming week.
    This is not a complete surprise because something showed up four months ago when hospital did a full-body scan when he was admitted after falling on his pointy head.
    So my odd little world may get upended if he needs to come east from Las Vegas for treatment either in NYC or NC.
    Can anyone loan me their crystal ball?

I hope that everyone has a good weekend.

Lana

254.0 today, ugh
    255.0 highest
    248.0 Dec. 29th goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    Lana I would rather send you something else, but it might (nudge nudge) be seen in a negative way.... shame I cant play dumb better.

Will think good thoughts that dh tumor is benign and he would NOT have to travel.

Foot is okay, muscle strain is more in front of leg. Will not lift anything heavy and will pack what I can.

Rain for next couple of days has started. Time to tuck in with Miss T.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Groceries and dog apt sometime today. Will pack luggage. Kitchen still up for grabs, but maybe I can use the car to move that over...

Back for more sleep with Miss T

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Sara~~

Well I must have been retaining water, because the scale leapt in the nice direction this morning. Yay.

Today I will go out to Long Island to visit my sick friend. This evening I must do rough planning for food for the upcoming week. I want to try to get in more fish instead of always chicken - maybe some very lean ground beef too. The vegetables are no problem; I love my veggies!

Lana

251.8 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 Dec. 29th goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning, Down 0.8 which was a surprise. Not drinking as much coffee/tea on weekends.

Boy do I hate not being able to sleep in today. Tomorrow is move day so I will throw things out but I am done packing. There is nowhere to put boxes so things are messy.

Hope to lurk from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - Congratulations on the good weigh in! That's terrific!

Yesterday was a day of eating out for all meals. I am much better off when I am eating at home.

Everyone have a good day today~~

Lana

252.4 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 Dec 29 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good Monday morning.
    It was a typical Monday morning. Had a nice walk - yesterday fresh snow fell and the trees are pretty. But then everything was a struggle including smashing the dogs cute ceramic drinking bowl because I dropped her dumb bone. Geesh! So many little things I ended up late for work. But I made it lol. The sun is shining and all is good :)
    Had a good weekend. My hubby and son are deer hunters so we do have some great venison for the freezer - happy for that.
    Sara - keep on stretching and do be careful of your back during moving.
    Lana - thinking of you with your DH. I hope he does not increase your stress level.
    Waves to Dawn(good luck figuring out the IPAD) and all others who drop by.
    Lynn