Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,405 Member
    edited November 2019
    Morning Ladies,

So after talking about the yoga I decided that would be my go to workout this morning instead of Cardio Party. I decided to do GHUTV Flow & Yin. This was soooo good. The first portion was yoga flow and of course the Yin was after. Chris has another workout that is slightly longer with the same concept, so I will be doing that one next week. Nothing to exciting for us this weekend, just having our Thanksgiving on Sunday so you all know that I will be busy cooking. ;)

Laurel, Glad to hear that you where able to do the live workout, and it fit right in with your rotation. Nice that the leaves are almost done falling. We had some nice temps, and tomorrow is suppose to be another one. If it is nice, and not raining, I will have to head outside to clean up things that we where not able to get to before it started to snow. ;) With making the meal on Sunday, DH and I will be able to just eat leftovers on Thursday. That is what I'm hoping for, since I didn't have to get a large bird this year.

Demian, Hope you where able to get the yoga in, since you where my inspiration for getting one in this morning. ;) Yes that will be my concept for a rotation. I'm looking at an Upper / Lower / Metabolic or Total Body and inbetween some of these inserting the yoga and or cardio. Will do something like that for about two weeks, and then move on to the type you mentioned for a couple of weeks. Glad that you had a good time with your pickleball. If you are looking for weight work that is around 20-30 min., then I would suggest Cathe's 4 Day Split and Fit Split series. Both of these have the same concept of cardio and weights, but you can do the weights separately. The only difference is that one is 4 day split, and the other one is Push/Pull. All of her newer weight workouts have a lot of premixes that fall into that time range also. Hope that helps some.

Thelma, Nice job with the Jessica HiiT workout! Sounds like your Aunt has had a great time with her shopping ;) Thank you for the clarification on the parm cheese. Glad to hear that your weather has been so nice.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! I got up after another sleepless night to rain and wind and generally feeling just a little sluggish.....like it would be a good day to curl up with tea and a good book. :) But I pushed play on the workouts and, once again, they did their trick to my morose mood. :D I started with Cathe Live Upper Body Core Crush which is like LITE Stacked Sets Upper but with slightly different exercises and a really tough core section. For cardio, it was another 45 minute 80s ride from Peloton. These workouts put me in the best mood! It’s the music. I’m beginning to wonder if I shouldn’t just start listening to more 80s music when I am not working out. B)

Demian, I love that your 16yo loves where you live! That says so much. I don’t know if I would have said the same when I was sixteen, but I have always been a bit restless. And I grew up in Denver, which is not a bad place to live! But that restlessness paid off when I married my husband since he was in the Air Force. We have lived in a lot of places. He retired over five years ago, but we have moved four times since he retired. :o We are currently in Huntsville, Alabama and have just been here for a year. Anyhow, about workouts.....Laurie gave you two great options with the Fit/Split and the 4 Day Split series. I would also highly recommend the strength training workouts from Cathe’s latest series which is the LITE series. She has three different strength training workouts—Pyramid Pump, Strong Body Stacked Sets-Lower Body and Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body. The Pyramid Pump workout when done as a total body workout is 80 minutes long. :o BUT :) there are a ton of premixes that you can use to make it shorter including lower and upper body only options that both ring in at about 45 minutes. But there are shorter options than that as well. The Strong Body Stacked Sets workouts are both under 40 minutes. I would say that, for me, these three workouts are about the best Cathe has to offer for short challenging strength training. She designed this LITE series for intermediate exercisers, so she is using lighter weight than usual. I don’t know your exercise level, but even with her lighter weight these workouts are not easy. Going one weight higher than Cathe makes them very challenging. Another option for upper body only is Ramped Up Upper Body from the Strong and Sweaty series. It is a 50 minute workout when done as a whole. But I absolutely love the premixes from these workouts. She has options of doing one body part (chest, back, shoulders, biceps and triceps) a day in her premixes, so you repeat the exercises from the main workout for one body part two or three times. These premixes range from 20-40 minutes, include a warm up and cool down and really allow you to focus on that one body part. So good! Let us know if you have any questions!!

Thelma, great workout! I hope you enjoy the day with your aunt despite the rain. Hope your hands start feeling better.

Laurie, sounds like a nice yoga workout! Tomorrow will be my ninth straight week of being committed to yoga on Saturday! For whatever reason, it is just working for me now. And I notice a difference in my mobility and more core strength which is a nice benefit. It really helped just to schedule it in and not let it be optional.

Tami, hope you are well. So, as promised, here are my thoughts on our next eight weeks starting December 1. And right off the bat....I need to change that. :D I will actually be starting this on November 30 because we are leaving for Florida that Thursday night so I can get one full week in before we go if I start on Saturday. I don’t know if you have all the workouts I have penciled in for this segment, so I have included some options....or you can, of course, do whatever you like. :) Let me know what you think. (Since my cardio is staying the same throughout, I am only listing it in the first series)

Weeks 1-3 (Dec 1 thru Dec 21)
    Sunday- RWH LIHI Legs and HiiT Cardio
    Monday-RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulder, Tricep and steady state cardio
    Tuesday-Spin and yoga
    Wednesday-RWH LIHI Back, Shoulder and Biceps and higher intensity cardio
    Thursday-S&S Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body premix and low impact/metabolic cardio
    Friday-Body Blast Push/Pull Upper Body premix OR S&S Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body premix and spin
    Saturday-yoga

Weeks 4-5 (December 21-Jan 4)
    Sunday-Gym Style Legs
    Monday-Gym Style Chest and Triceps
    Tuesday-Spin and yoga
    Wednesday-Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps
    Thursday- Fit/Split Legs and Glutes
    Friday-Body Blast Supersets Upper Body premix OR Muscle Max upper body premix
    Saturday-yoga

Week 6-9 (Jan 5- Feb 1)
    Sunday-STS Meso 2/Legs (discs 14, 17, 20 and 23)
    Monday-STS Meso 2/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (discs 12, 15, 18 and 21)
    Tuesday-spin and yoga
    Wednesday-STS Meso 2/Back and Biceps (discs 13, 16, 19 and 22)
    Thursday-two weeks of Body Blast Legs and Glutes and two weeks of CTX Leaner Legs (in any order)
    Friday-two weeks of Ramped Up Upper Body and two weeks of Fit/Split Push and Pull Upper Body ONLY (there is no premix for this so it will mean skipping the lower body chapters but at least both workouts are on one disc)—again, in any order
    Saturday-yoga

Whew! Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies, I can't believe how long it's been since I've made it on here! Just plugging along with the latest Cathe rotation, Christmas shopping, Hallmark movies and work! Hockey starts for the boys next week, so we'll have a bit more running around (at least the the times my oldest can't drive the youngest because of his hockey conflicts)!

Laurie, I know you can appreciate my confusion with this weather. It's snowy, it's rainy, it's mild, it's freezing (-5 windchills in November, what??). I'm hoping for a quiet week up to Thanksgiving and then bring on the snow! It sounds like your implant procedure has gone well so far...I'm glad to hear that!!

Laurel, I can't believe all the leaves you had to rake, and ice patches to work around!! I bet that was a great workout, but I'd be cashed the next day for sure! I loved your Cathe live kickboxing workout...makes me miss her live workouts again!

Tami, it sounds like a couple great and productive weekends you've had. Always nice to get a lot accomplished and also some time to relax and watch a Hallmark movie! :)

Thelma, it sounds like you had a nice time with your aunt visiting, I hope she's feeling ok after that fall! I'm loving the recipe, thanks for sharing! I hope your RA is taming down a bit...so hard to figure out what causes the flare-ups, because it seems like there's not really a reason most times (one of my good friends has RA, so she shares a lot about odd flare ups with me).

Demian, welcome! It sounds like we both have a 16 year old...fun times! Glad you are here!

Have a wonderful weekend and Thanksgiving!!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very busy weekend, but the best part was having my girls and their boys, along with my MIL over on Sunday night. So I didn't workout until this morning, and then I did LITE PHA 2. ;)

Laurel, Got to love the 80's music! ;) Glad to hear that your workouts where so good, and it got you out of the sluggishness. I know that I will never do a yoga workout on Saturday, it just seems that I get up and start doing other things on Saturday mornings. So I'm going to just schedule them during the week, and that way I know I will do it. Love your new rotation schedule.

Erika, Cathe's rotations are really looking good, nice that you are still plugging away at them. I hear you on the weather, it is dang crazy. This weekend was nice, but not warm enough to try to work outdoors. I have been enjoying the Hallmark channel also. Now that we had our kids over, our Thanksgiving will be putting up the outdoor lights. That of course will depend on if the weather cooperates.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We enjoyed a nice weekend here. It was rainy and chilly on Saturday so we did lots of Christmas shopping. I was concerned it might be pretty busy out, but we had no problems. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny, so after raking more leaves we started on the outdoor Christmas decorations. We were going to wait until next weekend but decided since it was sunny to take advantage of the weather. B)

For workouts, on Saturday I did a short abs focused Jessica Smith walk as a warmup and then did 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee/Peloton. Sunday was 4DS Lower Body premix followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT plus Core. Today was 4DS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps premix followed by Cathe Live Steptastic. I am also starting to do the indoor decorating for Christmas today. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out this year since last year we kind of just threw things together since we were unpacking and decorating at the same time. No doubt I will over do the decorations....I always do! :D

Erika, great to see you! Sounds like your weather has been crazy. Hopefully you won’t have too much weather this week and can enjoy your holiday. I had been having lots of issues with Cathe Live for several weeks now, and it was really beginning to frustrate me. Come to find out....I was not alone. But Cathe’s tech people were working on figuring it out, and it finally seems like they have! No problems with that past four workouts I have done, which is SO nice. I still love the variety it provides. Not that I am trying to enable you to rejoin or anything. :p;) Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Laurie, great workout! Cathe posted a clip from her new PHA workout this morning, and I <3 the look of it! Looks tough. So glad you enjoyed your day with your family yesterday. And now you can relax and enjoy this week. Honestly, I am really amazed I have stuck with Saturday yoga, but I really look forward to it now. :o I think much of that is finding an instructor I like with Kristin McGee. This Peloton app is, in my opinion, pretty expensive, but if it gets me to do yoga (and spin) more frequently, it is worth its weight in gold. Increasing both of those forms of exercises really seems to have knocked me out of a rut and been very good for my joints.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hello Everyone ~ Sorry I missed you all the last couple days. Weekend was good, I was able to get the house “pre-cleaned” for the Thanksgiving get together. Now I feel like I will just spruce it up a little on Wednesday evening an vacuum again. The “Bernie” hair shows quickly on our dark wood floors. :( DH says I am too sensitive about it but I know his brother hates it so it makes me feel self conscious I guess. Workouts: Saturday I did a nice Total Body workout with PHA + Abs followed by a Peloton ride and then yesterday was 4DS Legs + Peloton ride. Tonight will be BootCamp after work.

Laurel: Sounds like you are getting in some fantastic combos as always!!!! Way to work. Again, I laugh at your “sluggish” moment and then you pushed through with AMAZINGNESS. Gotta love the Peloton music, it is amazing how the music can truly make it and change your mood sometimes. THANK YOU for posting the next rotation section. Truly appreciate the time & effort you put into those. YAY I love the idea of the shorter workouts during that week. It’s funny how the 50 minutes just seems so much better than 65 – 70 when time is of the essence. Although when I do have the time I love doing the longer workouts and always wish I had that much time. LOL Your Thanksgiving sounds like it will be perfect.

Demian: Happy to have you here with our group! As you can see, sometimes we (or me) might miss a couple days and that’s totally ok. I feel bad just because it is such a good part of my day to connect with all of you. I’ve told these ladies before that I don’t really have friends that I work out with or chat with about fitness, etc. So it is fun to have “like minded fitness pals” here. Thank you for the kudos on my workouts. I truly love it even if sometimes I need to nudge myself into something, I always feel so much better when I am done. Looks like some great suggestions on the workouts already mentioned. 4 Day Split series has so many “pre-mixes” and options. Push/Pull definitely comes to mind when I think of shorter pre-mixes as well, which is a newer series of hers than “4 Day Split”. Right in that time frame for you. The great thing about Cathe’s workout series she has put out there weather it is Strong & Sweaty – which is fabulous! Or LITE Series. They all have pre-mixes so you can always choose a shorter workout and still absolutely feel the benefits of it. Another instructor I would recommend who has 30 min workouts is Kelley Coffey-Meyer! I have several of hers and they are all structured for 30 minutes; along with 60 min premixes if you want. I’m hoping you got that Yoga in. That is often a goal of mine and somehow I never seem to visit it. I know forsure my body would love me for it too. LOL

Thelma: YUM, thank you for posting the link for that recipe and the sauce. Way to go with your JS HiiT workout you did the other day. Hope you and your aunt had a nice day of shopping and sunshine. Always a nice combo in my book.

Laurie: Way to switch gears into the Yoga! See, that is where I always go to what I feel like I was missing during the week and just simply what I am feeling like. Always love a good Strength + Cardio on the weekends. LOL Will you be doing the big Thanksgiving traditional meal then this year?

Have a great day ladies! I will be here tomorrow and Wednesday forsure. :)
    Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,494 Member
    Hi Ladies, my aunt went back home on Saturday morning. We got up at 3am and were on our way to the airport by 3:38. I felt bad for DH having to drive the 4-hour round trip. I fell asleep on the way back home. I just couldn't keep my eyes open.
    We were both pretty much like vegetables on Saturday after we got back from the airport.
    Sunday we spent the entire day a couple who have become our best friends here. We went out for brunch at this beautiful resort called Brasstown Valley Resort in Young Harris, GA. We then went to Brasstown Bald mountain with an altitude of almost 4800 ft! It was my kind of trip! The views were amazing! You can clearly see each peak. Amazing!

Friday I did another JS low impact workout. Today I went back to normal workouts and did Beginner gentle yoga and Barre. It felt so good!

It snowed here last night but there was nothing on the ground. I only know it snowed because I saw it in a video from one of our security cameras.

This 82 y.o. lady is amazing and inspiring!
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/11/25/willie-murphy-fights-off-intruder-her-rochester-new-york-home/4298586002/

Laurie, great workouts. That Flow & Yin workout sounds wonderful! You sure had a busy weekend. I am so glad you had a great time with the family.

Laurel, you are amazing! Great job for pushing through when you were tired from a sleepless night. Great workouts! I love 80's music workouts!
    Thank you so much for putting another great rotation together! I hope I can give this a try.

Sadly my hands are not better. I need to call the doctor. It is like the med isn't quite working anymore.

Hi Erika! So good to hear from you! Good job following the latest Cathe rotation! Sounds like you're about to get busy with the boys' hockey season!

RA is not fun at all. My aunt feels better but is not 100% yet. I'm glad you liked the recipe!

Tami, glad you had a nice weekend. Good job getting a head start on the house cleaning for the family Thanksgiving get together. I don't blame you for wanting to vacuum on Wednesday night again. I am always vacuuming the cat hairs but when we're going to have company I vacuum that day too.
    Awesome workouts!!!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited November 2019
    Morning Ladies,

Last workout this morning on my rotation, and it was a good one with LITE Metabolic Blast. ;)

Laurel, Nice that you where able to go shopping without to many shoppers. We will be putting up our outdoor deco on Thursday, it is suppose to be the one day of lull between the storms. Great job on all your workouts, they really do sound good. I have not seen any of the posts about the new workouts, so I will have to go check that out. May change my mind about owning them. :D I'm going to pull out all my yoga/stretching workouts, and just start doing them. I have my yoga all mapped out for Tuesday or Wednesday. I have a lot of them, plus all the ones that Jessica has online. Should keep me busy for a while. It sounds like the Peloton app is a good investment, since you are enjoying the variety of your workouts.

Tami, Love the workouts! Hope that your Bootcamp class was good, and that the holiday week has less people to run over. :D I hear you on the cleaning for Thanksgiving. I was lucky and DH did the majority of that. Sure do love that guy for doing that. Since we had the family over on Sunday, we will not be having that big meal on Thursday. We are saving our leftovers for that day though, so we will enjoy another meal. :D

Thelma, Sounds like a great weekend, but so sorry to hear about the early morning drive for your DH. I would be a slug afterward also. That is how I feel when we come back home after visiting up north. I have been sitting for almost six hours, and then I just want to sit and watch tv for the rest of the day. :D Great job with the Jessica workout, and the barre. I saw that article on the 82 year old lady, she is bad *kitten* for sure.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute Interval and Arms ride from Peloton followed by Jessica Smith Yoga for Abs. I was feeling pretty tired this morning after a long day of Christmas decorating yesterday so the workouts helped. I should finish with the decorating today then will give the house a good clean before the weekend. Even though we aren’t having anybody here for the holiday, I think the childhood habit of giving the house a good, deep clean before holidays is just ingrained in me. I guess I could have worse habits. :D

Tami, great workouts! Glad you like the look of the rotation. I am really looking forward to this next section because it does include most of my favorites of Cathe’s strength workouts. :) I think that will help beat the winter doldrums over the next couple of months as well. Yes, the music in those Peloton workouts really helps push me through them. Even this morning when I was really wondering if I was going to make it through the ride, a good song came on and I was like ‘Yep, I am still going!’ It didn’t hurt to be working out with Ally this morning either. She makes me smile. :) I hear you on wanting the house clean for guests. I am beyond ridiculous with obsessing about that. My DH thinks I am crazy.....and he is right. B)

Thelma, wow that’s an early morning. No doubt you didn’t feel like doing much the rest of the day. I am sorry to hear your hands aren’t any better. Hopefully you can talk to your doctor about it soon. I can’t believe you had snow! We are supposed to have some rain later today but it is staying pretty mild here at night, so no snow at all. I would love if you were able to join us in this rotation!

Laurie, great workout! Cathe just posted another clip....this one from the Abs workout. It uses the risers from the step. It looks really good! So far I like the look of these workouts and am getting pretty excited for them. The interesting thing about the PHA workout clip is it didn’t show any of the cardio blasts. So I am wondering if there there are any strictly cardio moves in it or if it is standard upper/lower PHA. Whatever it is.....it looks like she does some pretty different moves. And you can hear her breathing, so it is definitely ‘cardio’ in effect.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Good morning, everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. We're heading out of town until December 1st, will check in as I'm able. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was a good one last night. Very similar format again for Katy’s class and then she added some wall squats, planks (up downs) and push-ups at the end. It was nice to see a few of the peeps I used to see all the time. I think that is what I miss the most as I have mentioned before is just the people and interaction with them. Chest/Shoulders this a.m. and hoping for my Tuesday Tabata on the Peloton tonight after work! :)

Thelma: I don’t blame you a bit for falling asleep. Your DH is so sweet to make that drive. Your brunch sounds fantastic and how fun that you have some really great friends already, so nice. Awesome job with your workouts! Your body feeling better these days?

Laurie: Excellent workout with that one! Great one to end on, so much fun. You are very lucky to have DH do the house cleaning for you. My DH does the spare bathroom every time people are coming over because that has become what I call the “man bathroom” LOL so I leave him to it. Plus he will be doing a lot of the cooking. I am the prep and cleaning person.

Laurel: Fabulous combo today! Sounds absolutely perfect. Sounds like you are getting all ready for the holidays with the decorations almost up. Way to go. We talked about putting up our tree this weekend which would be a first in 25+ years to be up this early. BUT we leave for Florida next Saturday and have several things going on this coming week before that. So we will see. We didn’t even put the tree up last year … sadly but I just wasn’t into it. Should feel a little better this year OR help too! I want to see some of those clips for the new series. I will have to look for them. Ally makes me smile every single time I ride with her. Just love her and he motivational sayings too. “YES or YES” cracks me up every time.

Demian: Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe travels to you!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, today's workouts were LITE Cardio Party and Spinning. The cardio party workout was a lot of fun. I haven't used the spinning bike in a while so I only did 15 minutes.

Laurie, great workout choice! I almost did that workout but I felt I needed something slower.
    I couldn't believe how tired I felt on Saturday!

Laurel, great workout combo! Good job doing all that Christmas decorating!
    My hands felt better today because I took an Aleve last night. I forgot to call the doctor! I hope I can do the rotation. I love the workouts you chose!

Hi Demian, I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving day.

Tami, great job surviving another Kati BC class and with today's workout combo!
    It really is nice to have met such wonderful people here. My body is feeling better. I had been having problems with my left knee but it's much better now. Thank you for asking!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

What a great drive into work this morning, there was hardly anyone on the road. ;) This morning was yoga day, so I did GHUTV Flow & Yin Yoga 2, and this one was another great one. It was a little longer than the previous one. The flow was about 15 min., so lot's of vinyasa's, and the rest was the Yin. Chris held each stretch for 2 min. and it concentrated on the lower body. She did include the upper body, but those stretches where for 1 min.

Laurel, Nice workouts! Good for you getting the decorations up and then doing the deep clean. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and not having to do anything but relax. Of course I will have to help DH haul up boxing of decorations, but he primarily is the deco person in our house. I took a peak at the clips, and I will have to order the PHA workout at some point, it really does look good. I'm almost positive that the other two will not be added to my collection though. I like how she uses the step platforms for the ab workout, very clever. Have a nice day tomorrow.

Demian, Have a great time with your family!

Tami, Glad to hear that you had a good bc class, and that some of the peeps showed up to make it even better. Also nice job on the weight workout too. So our situation is different since I'm the cook, so DH is my cleaning helper. He doesn't do everything, for some reason he doesn't clean the bathrooms. I would love for him to take over that responsibility for sure. Enjoy your time with the family tomorrow.

Thelma, Yay on your Cardio Party workout! So glad to hear that you are able to do that one. Hope that you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! The house is all decorated for Christmas! My back definitely feels the work, but I must admit the house looks pretty. And now I can sit back and relax a bit over the next month. I am not planning on baking at all this year, which should make my holidays very relaxed. We’ll see if I stick with that plan of not baking.....but that’s the plan at least. Anyhow, today’s workout was 4DS Back and Biceps followed by Kick, Punch and Crunch. I had a lot of fun with that latter workout today. It has been quite awhile since I did it.

Tami, glad you enjoyed the BC class and you were able to see some of your friends again. The reason I put up the Christmas decorations this week instead of next is because DH is gone early next week and then we head to Florida right after he gets home. While I do all the decorating, I like to have DH at home (even just in the evenings) when I am doing it if I need help lifting something or with the electrical stuff. I know if I waited until we got back from the trip to Florida/Missouri, I would probably talk myself out of it altogether. Love Ally’s ‘yes and yes’ too!

Thelma, great workouts! Glad your hands are feeling better.

Laurie, sounds like another good yoga workout. I am glad you are going to be able to relax tomorrow despite hauling boxes. How nice your DH does the decorating! DH and I always did it together until about 12 years ago when his job started getting crazy. We have decorated together a couple of times since then, but it just isn’t his ‘thing’. He unpacks the boxes then sits down and watches TV saying he just doesn’t know where to put things. You know....like ornaments may or may not go on the tree! :D So it is just easier to do it alone anymore. :)

Demian, hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

Happy Thanksgiving, Ladies!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workout was Sculpting Fusion.
    We had heavy rains and winds last night. It was pretty warm. Temps overnight were in the 50's so today was warm.

Laurie, great workouts! I am sure your commute was easy today!

Laurel, congratulations on decorating the house for Christmas! Good job with your workouts!

Hi Tami!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a really nice weekend with my family, and we had 27 total. I didn't workout at all, and it was nice to take a break. This morning my workout was GHUTV Gold HiiT. Good workout. Had some roof tiles come off our garage roof during our wind storm. The guy came out yesterday and fixed it. Guess we will be investing in a new roof this next year. :p

Laurel, Glad to hear that the decorations are all up. We have our outdoor lights up, and that is good because we got snow yesterday. DH hasn't put up the big tree, he doesn't want to traumatize Rocket to much by moving his bed. :D Nice workouts, I have not done KPC in a long time. I will be making my cut out cookies, my family has specifically asked for them. My DH has a specific way of decorating, so it is just easier for me to let him take care of it. Kind of like packing the car for a trip, I just haul the stuff outside and let him pack the car. It used to drive me crazy when he would rearrange what I put int the car. Now I just understand that he has a certain talent for it, and just let him be. ;)

Thelma, Great job on the workout. Those winds around here where brutal. Rocket and I heard the tiles coming off the roof, and we where both startled.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. Ours was nice and quiet. Got some things done around the house, did some more Christmas shopping, enjoyed a good Thanksgiving meal, etc. And relaxed some too! It was very nice. I worked out every day. I finished last week with the Muscle Endurance lower and upper body split premixes and a Cathe Live cardio on Thursday and spin on Friday. On Saturday I started phase 2 of this rotation (focusing more on muscle building than endurance now) with RWH LIHI Legs followed by Peloton yoga. Sunday was LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I did the x4 premix, and my muscles are screaming today. :o I followed it with High Low HiiT and core from Cathe Live. Today was a 60 minute Peloton spin followed by 30 minutes of yoga.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your time with family. Sounds like a big gathering! But those are always so much fun. Glad you took the time to relax and enjoy the holiday. I am sorry to hear about the roof tiles though! That must have been no fun. Of course, getting a new roof is no fun either. :# We had a pretty wicked storm come through here on Saturday night. Thankfully we didn’t see the flooding other parts of the state did, but the wind was whipping. My poor Christmas decorations outside are okay despite being knocked around a bit. But no snow here thankfully. :) I am hoping for clear weather across the country for the next week as DH and I head out in my car Thursday night for Florida, get there Friday, each grab one of his parents on Saturday and me driving my car and DH driving his parent’s car make the trip to Missouri Saturday/Sunday and try to get home a week from today. Not something I am looking forward to but glad we are doing it for my in laws. But it will be better if there is no snow. :D Great workout this morning!

Thelma, hope you didn’t get hit too badly by the storms this weekend!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! DH and I had a nice, quiet holiday. On Friday DH went with me to the restorative yoga class! He's done it before so I knew he'd be OK.
    We met our friends for dinner on Friday and went out for brunch on Saturday with a couple we're friends with.

I'm going to give the rotation a shot. I hope my body behaves! Today's workouts were: Jessica Smith Interval Training, Barre Level and RWH Legs. I did cardio and Barre in the morning and in legs in the mid-afternoon. It felt great. My legs were killing me because the Barre class worked our legs pretty good.

We had a huge rainstorm on Saturday night. It's been windy since Saturday night. Really windy! We had some rain last night and snow this morning. Just a dusting here. Temps are dropping into the high 20's at night. It must'be been scary to hear the roof tiles coming off the roof! OMG! We are having such strong winds here. I hope the trees around here won't break.

Laurie, I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend with your family! 27 people! OMG, with the roof tiles! You're lucky you found someone so to fix them so quickly! Great workout today!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a nice and quiet long weekend. You sure have been keeping yourself busy! I'm glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving meal. We did too and didn't overeat. I actually woke up a pound lighter the next day!
    Good job with all your workouts!!! What do you mean by starting phase II? Does that mean you're doing the workouts you listed for weeks 4-5?

I'm doing these workouts for the next 3 weeks:

Weeks 1-3 (Dec 1 thru Dec 21)
    Sunday- RWH LIHI Legs and HiiT Cardio
    Monday-RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulder, Tricep and steady state cardio
    Tuesday-Spin and yoga
    Wednesday-RWH LIHI Back, Shoulder and Biceps and higher intensity cardio
    Thursday-S&S Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body premix and low impact/metabolic cardio
    Friday-Body Blast Push/Pull Upper Body premix OR S&S Total Body Giant Sets Upper Body premix and spin
    Saturday-yoga

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was GHUTV 40-30-20 HiiT. This is a metabolic workout in HiiT/Tabata format. Good one for sure.

Laurel, Awesome job on the workouts, and getting in a premix of ME. I can imagine that your muscles where talking to you with the 4x version, I'm sure that the muscle building phase will be a great change of pace. Guess we all where dealing with that vicious wind. Sounds like your weekend was a nice one. Hoping to take some time off during this month to get some shopping done. I can understand your concern for the snow and driving through multiple states. My parents went home to 2 feet of snow on Sunday, and I'm really glad that my Dad wasn't driving. He really doesn't have the reflexes to drive anymore. Glad to hear that you both are being there for his parents. I'm sure they feel better with the both of you driving.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Your rotation looks good. Dang on that wind, it can be pretty scary at times. We where super happy that our neighbors son was able to fix the roof. Also great that he works for cash, that probably is an added bonus. It helps that a lot of our neighbors work for contractors, we have plumbers, carpenters etc. Helps when looking at what to buy or who to go to for getting good work done. Glad to hear that your Thanksgiving weekend was enjoyable also.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps and, again, I did the x4 premix. I followed it with RWH Core 2. I am definitely feeling these LIHI workouts right now! And I am loving the feeling. :D For cardio, I did Rockout Knockout, which is always a fun one.

Thelma, I hear you on that wind this weekend! It has finally calmed down here and we are beginning to get peaks of sunshine again. I don’t mind the chilly weather at all this time of year. But in a month....I will be done with it. :D But around Christmas, I like it chilly. Anyhow, about the rotation, you are exactly where Tami and I are with the RWH LIHI workouts (weeks 1-3). What I meant by Phase 2 is this is the second part of a six month rotation that I came up with at the end of the summer. Tami and I just finished the first part which focused more on endurance training than this one (we did STS Meso 1, the LIS Trisets workouts, 4 Day Split and XTrain Discs 1&2). This section that we are doing now will focus a little more on building muscle with the series using slightly heavier weights and a few less reps. Then, after this phase, the plan is to go on to another section focusing on strength using XT Burn Sets, Slow and Heavy and STS Meso 3. Does that make sense? I hope so. But you are more than fine jumping in right now. This is not a scientific program. :p This was just me wanting a long rotation focusing on strength training to get me through the winter. B). So neither Tami and I are sticking to it like glue, and you don’t have to either. As I said to Tami, I think of the rotation as a guide, not a mandate. :) So do what you can if it feels good on your body. Anyhow, great workouts!!!

Laurie, I like the sound of that workout! I am really beginning to love metabolic workouts where just a couple of years ago I just wasn’t quite sure about them. I am glad your parents made it home safely. DH flew to Michigan yesterday and, apparently, they had quite the storm there on Sunday as well. Thankfully it has been good for his visit. So far, the weather forecast for our trip is just about perfect, so fingers and toes crossed it stays that way. This trip will be a lot of driving for us but oh so worth it to get my in laws to Missouri safely. This whole year with this move has really taken quite a bit out of my MIL. I am just glad they finally made the decision to move (even though they haven’t sold their house) and we can help them, even if it is just a little.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel