Thirty Something Dad

Two kids in 5 & 2 now it’s time to get back to clean eating and the gym. Anyone interested in working together to share meal plans, workouts, etc let’s do it

Replies

• LighterBites
    LighterBites Posts: 42 Member
    Request sent.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    I was a 30 something dad 30 years ago. My tip for the is to do it before work. I was at my gym when it opened at 5AM, lifted, showered and was at work 45 miles away by 7:15.

In most cases people aren't competing for your attention at 5AM.

Good luck.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Request sent
  • gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    Sent a request, In my 30's with a 6 (turning 7 next week) and 3 year old daughters
  • rockbam123
    rockbam123 Posts: 20 Member
    I was also thirty something thirty years ago when I had two young ones. They are both grown and on their own. But I also have a 14 year old son and I need to keep that thirty something mind and body to keep up.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    I was 50-something a couple of years ago with 3 teenagers when I started. Control diet first (doesn't have to be "clean" - whatever that means; just eat enough protein, support your body's energy and eat in a reasonable deficit if you want to lose fat). Lift. Move.

Do fitness when time allows, whether it's morning, afternoon, evening, whatever. You're always going to have to purpose to do it, but you don't have to kill yourself with it either.