Always feeling hungry and rapid weight gain

2»

Replies

• natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    This is site where people try to help each other to lose weight and feel great, isn't it? the calory counting is only a tool to reach that goal
    The food diary and count calories is all rite, just why is so meticulous? I understand if you know the range where you are, say 1200 or 2500. This important to know. But every day count 1200 or 1300 and make big deal of it. It's too much
  • natasor1
    I read many success stories, but never seen women got to their dream body. They always short of the dream weight about 10-15 lbs. I think this is a good indicator that 120 lbs goal is not achievable on 1500 cal a day for woman even doing exercises
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    natasor1 wrote: »
    I read many success stories, but never seen women got to their dream body. They always short of the dream weight about 10-15 lbs. I think this is a good indicator that 120 lbs goal is not achievable on 1500 cal a day for woman even doing exercises

ok, ill bite - so what then is the answer??
  • natasor1
    Eat one day and stop eating the next
  • natasor1
    Oh, I remember to asked my 5-years old grand daughter what I have to do to loose weight? And she answered just don't eat
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    UVAPhan wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    UVAPhan wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I wonder if you have adjusted your calories lower now that you have lost? The less you weigh the less you burn ...

He has already stated that he is NOT ONLY eating below the calories MFP suggests but is trying to eat below the 1500 Calories minimum for a male. Adjusting MFP goals lower will accomplish?!?!?

I was under the impression the minimum for a male was 1,200, that's why I assumed 1,500 would be sufficient to sustain me and still give me an additional amount toward my deficit.

As other posters have said, the minimum for males on MFP is 1500 - and that is only for very very short & sedentary males. You're not short.

Have a read of this, and substitute 'man' for 'woman' and '1500' for '1200': https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

So knowing that now, I've been doing this all wrong for 3.5 months. I lost a ton of my 43 pounds in the first 2.5 months and now my weight has stalled. Do you think eating too few calories could have had something to do with that?

Everything!

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Why do you guys count your calorie so meticulous? It"s not natural way to interact with food. In long thousands years of human history we never count calories and still we ( as a whole community) survived all kind of conditions: temperature decrease and increase, floods, lack of food, physical endurance. If you overeat one day, why not to abstain of food the next day?.... You always will be in balance with yourself and food caloric load. Don"t think that your body stupid. Your body is much smarter then any of smartest doctors or dietitians. It knows exactly how to regulate it's own nourishment.

In history, what was man’s life expectancy? What is it now? Somebody got smart in between.
  • natasor1
    Yong kids have very natural way to regulate their food intake. They close to natural choice of food or menu. Their taste is not spoiled by societal customs to eat, to spend time at the table, to celebrate, to indulge Yes, my granddaughter can skip breakfast or lunch or all together
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Why do you guys count your calorie so meticulous? It"s not natural way to interact with food. In long thousands years of human history we never count calories and still we ( as a whole community) survived all kind of conditions: temperature decrease and increase, floods, lack of food, physical endurance. If you overeat one day, why not to abstain of food the next day?.... You always will be in balance with yourself and food caloric load. Don"t think that your body stupid. Your body is much smarter then any of smartest doctors or dietitians. It knows exactly how to regulate it's own nourishment.

That obviously worked perfectly for the 71% of Americans who are overweight or obese.

You beat me to it.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member

Oh boy! I love it when I get to be special. Ahem...I lost 50+ pounds 18 years ago (19 in the spring) to get to my goal of 120. I have maintained that weight, +/- 5 pounds since then. In that time I also went from not exercising to running 5Ks to running a marathon (hoping for a second marathon sometime in 2024).
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Yong kids have very natural way to regulate their food intake. They close to natural choice of food or menu. Their taste is not spoiled by societal customs to eat, to spend time at the table, to celebrate, to indulge Yes, my granddaughter can skip breakfast or lunch or all together
    I work with young kids and have for years. Not with one child, many. At no point have I ever encountered a child who will simply decide to skip a meal out of a desired to not eat. I have encountered children who will, out of anger or upset or other strong emotions, refuse to lunch at the appointed time (say, if lunch is at 11 or 11:30) but every time this happens, they want lunch when they calm down; they never make it to the end of even the school day while continuing to turn down lunch. We never make them eat lunch and if they wanted to go the day without eating lunch, they could. The only kids who have ever made it the day without eating are the ones who do so for religious purposes*, not because their bodies have told them to.

If you, who advocate for intermittent fasting, have a 5-year-old who is skipping meals, you should think about why that might be happening.

edit: *And all of these children, although young, were older than 5.

My youngest son has eaten lunch at school maybe twice to 10 times a year. Kindergarten up to now grade 7. There is too much going on for him and he gets no hunger cues, he just wants to get outside and run. The teachers used to scold me for not sending enough food because we learned to purposely make his lunches small things that won’t spoil. 99% of the it all comes home so why would we waste food? He now eats breakfast sporadically, as I am giving him the choice as he gets older. Will come home from school and occasionally eat a bowl of popcorn or some berries and yogurt, but he typically just waits until supper and has two large helpings plus an evening snack. He is a healthy weight for his age and height and just has no desire to mindlessly snack unless there are candy and chips in front of him.

I am not posting this for any reason but to say there are kids who eat this way naturally. He started school at 4yo, and is now almost 12. My older boys have routinely eaten their lunches but on weekends when they are working/farming/doing things with all the machines they collect that is their natural pattern as well. It amazes me as that is not my body’s tendency at all. I can think about and want food every waking minute.