20 weeks to lose 20lbs for Christmas

rachjolly
rachjolly Posts: 203 Member
edited August 2019 in Challenges
Hi,

I’m setting myself the challenge to lose 1lb a week until Christmas. I lost 55lbs in the last year but put on 20lbs again as soon as I stopped logging my food 😭 I’m going to start today logging everyday on MyFitnessPal and hopefully I’ll reach my target. Who’s with me.....?

Replies

• rachjolly
    Forgot to put start weight. I’ll be weighing in on Fridays

Goal weight - 173lbs

Start weight
    2/8/2019 - 193lbs
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I just set this goal for myself too! I have marked Halloween as a deep dive progress check.

Good luck!
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Would like to join also. In temporary housing with all my stuff ( including scale) in storage that I can’t access for 2 months. Want to start logging food consistently. Have been stress eating out of control.
  • busley
    busley Posts: 3 Member
    I would love to join as well. I will weigh in Tomorrow morning. This challenge is exactly what I need to stay accountable. I have been working out and eating healthier since the beginning of January and have lost 33 lbs. i have been focusing on maintaining over summer months and trying to build more strength. It is now time to shift back into weightloss mode!
  • rachjolly
    Would like to join also. In temporary housing with all my stuff ( including scale) in storage that I can’t access for 2 months. Want to start logging food consistently. Have been stress eating out of control.

It’s the logging that keeps me in check. I still eat what I want but it helps me stop when I’m at my limit. As soon as I stop logging I seriously over eat. If you have a realistic goal of 1lb a week, losing weight doesn’t have to be torture. That’s what I did last year and by the end of the year I had lost 52lbs exactly! We can’t totally do this 💪

• rachjolly
    busley wrote: »
    I would love to join as well. I will weigh in Tomorrow morning. This challenge is exactly what I need to stay accountable. I have been working out and eating healthier since the beginning of January and have lost 33 lbs. i have been focusing on maintaining over summer months and trying to build more strength. It is now time to shift back into weightloss mode!

33lbs is an incredible amount of weight! Well done on your success so far. I find maintenance the hardest part. I always find just focusing on losing 1lb way less daunting than focusing on goal weight. It can seem like a very long journey otherwise. I just need to survive my holiday without over indulging 😬😬
  • rachjolly
    I just set this goal for myself too! I have marked Halloween as a deep dive progress check.

Good luck!

Good luck! I’m feeling positive about this one ☝️

• madtownmitch
    madtownmitch Posts: 36 Member
    I'd like to join in. This is my first challenge I've participated in on MFP, but it feels doable. I just started on my path to being healthier yesterday, but we've all got to start somewhere, right?

My starting weight is 308.2. If I meet the challenge goal, I should be at 288.2 by Christmas, but hoping to beat that.

Appreciate all of the support and encouragement I can get, and happy to provide it for others.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member
    rachjolly wrote: »
    I’m setting myself the challenge to lose 1lb a week until Christmas...
    Who’s with me.....?

This is just what I am hoping to do. I've been losing for a couple months at about 1.5 lbs./week, but I expect that should slow a bit. Hitting 1 lbs./week until Christmas would be great. Additionally, Autumn and early Winter are traditional times for me to derail and get off plan. I am in.
  • chris_in_cal
    edited August 2019
    I am in.

Starting weight
    W1 - 194.2 lbs
    W20 - 174.2 (projected)
  • rachjolly
    I'd like to join in. This is my first challenge I've participated in on MFP, but it feels doable. I just started on my path to being healthier yesterday, but we've all got to start somewhere, right?

My starting weight is 308.2. If I meet the challenge goal, I should be at 288.2 by Christmas, but hoping to beat that.

Appreciate all of the support and encouragement I can get, and happy to provide it for others.

This challenge is absolutely doable! I started at 224lbs last year and did 1lb a week for a year. Taking a slow sensible path is the only way to tackle weight loss. I never thought I could lose 52lbs but when you break it down into singulars it doesn’t seem too bad. My advice would be to still eat food you enjoy but just stay in your calories. I decided to stop drinking as much, only when it was a special occasion or as a treat. Also buying lower calorie versions or smaller versions of snack food I like worked as well.

Keep us posted on your progress on here (i weigh in on Fridays because I’m normally eat worse at the weekends 😂)

Good luck!
  • rachjolly
    I’m setting myself the challenge to lose 1lb a week until Christmas...
    Who’s with me.....?

This is just what I am hoping to do. I've been losing for a couple months at about 1.5 lbs./week, but I expect that should slow a bit. Hitting 1 lbs./week until Christmas would be great. Additionally, Autumn and early Winter are traditional times for me to derail and get off plan. I am in.

You have the same start weight as me! Winter is normally the worst for me too. I think I might be part bear, I love hibernating and eating when it gets dark and cold 🐻

We’ve got this 💪
  • ayhenr4078
    ayhenr4078 Posts: 1 Member
    This is awesome! My current weight is 210 and I’m hoping for 180 by Christmas
  • rachjolly
    ayhenr4078 wrote: »
    This is awesome! My current weight is 210 and I’m hoping for 180 by Christmas

I remember feeling so excited when I got to 199lbs. I promised myself I’d never go back into the 200s again, that’s why I need this challenge. Remember to log your food everyday and track your weight. You can do this!

• lancejohnston523
    lancejohnston523 Posts: 60 Member
    I want to be 205 by Jan 1 2020 - right now I am 220. Very similar to your goal - Good luck
  • rachjolly
    SW - 194lbs
    CW - 192lbs
    GW - 174lbs

Ok, I’ve gone on holiday this week so couldn’t log in on Friday but stilled weighed. My weight was 192lbs. Down 2 in week 1 so delighted. Really hoping my holiday won’t ruin progress 😬
  • rachjolly
    SW - 194lbs
    CW - 195lbs
    GW - 174lbs

I’ve just come back from holiday today and weighing more than my start weight 😭 I had a lot of fun and no regrets 🤣 Starting again from today! No more excuses 🤞
  • chris_in_cal
    I am in.

Starting weight
    W1 - 194.2 lbs
    W2 - 191.5 lbs (10 days)
    W20 - 174.2 (projected)
  • chris_in_cal
    I’ve just come back from holiday today...

Welcome back. I am away for 10 days in October, wondering how that is going to go.
  • chris_in_cal
    I am in.

Starting weight
    W1 - 194.2 lbs
    W2 - 191.5 lbs (10 days)
    W17 - 177.7
    W20 - 174.2 (projected)

How are you all doing: @rachjolly @lancejohnston523 @ayhenr4078 @madtownmitch @clutterqueen @sammidelvecchio