I wanna grumble about...

Ver9nika
Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
Let's get it out of our system <3

I want to grumble about being healthy (eating CI<CO; exercise; water intake) for the WHOLE DAY. Being so proud of yourself 🤠and step on a scale in the evening only to see +3pounds. 🙄 Thank You scale for sending me to bed hungry AND disappointed 🙄🙄🙄

I know that one shouldn't weight in the evening and to compare the result with morning, but but but 😅

Got it off my chest 🌻

What would you like to grumble about?

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited November 2019
    Not grumbling, but I'd strongly suggest not weighing yourself at night. You're just weighing the food/water in your system. You'll get a better reading in the morning when you first wake up, after you use the restroom and before you eat breakfast. :)

Edit: I want to grumble about skimming posts too quickly and missing that you said "I know I shouldn't weigh in the evening..."
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Ver9nika I love this thread and your post!! I’ve done the same thing-especially after a long day of exercise and it’s like what?? How is that possible?

I usually weigh myself in the morning too and if it’s at night I don’t log it, just curious to see what it is, haha.

My grumble: I wish there was a better *and feasible/reliable* way to measure fitness other than the scale... like increase in muscle. I feel like sometimes the scale can feel really defeating especially when it’s probably muscle or water causing the slight increase or stable number. Ugh!
  • katy9599
    katy9599 Posts: 873 Member
    I was so proud of myself for making a meal plan for the week. I went to two grocery stores, and prepped/chopped meat and veggies for the next few days so dinner would be easy to throw together. My reward is that now everything in my fridge smells like chopped onions, even though they were in a sealed container. (Grumble grumble)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Ha!...my grumble is I don’t have a magic wand to make extra weight disappear!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    “I know that one shouldn't weight in the evening and to compare the result with morning, but but but”

And now you know why.
  • That I wasn’t taught at a young age that we can control our thoughts, and that our thoughts create our feelings and emotions, and that they drive our actions and create our results. Who we are is a result!
  • conniewilkins56
    I want to grumble about more people not supporting and motivating one another in Larger Losers!
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    I thought it was me. I read so many posts and it seemed there was great camaraderie but it isn't what I expected. Maybe it is the time if year and people are too busy?
  • conniewilkins56
    I thought it was me. I read so many posts and it seemed there was great camaraderie but it isn't what I expected. Maybe it is the time if year and people are too busy?

I hope it’s just that time of the year and people are busy doing holiday stuff...usually this is such a supportive and motivating group of people....hang in there....we are all on the same journey!
  • conniewilkins56
    I want to grumble about being under the weather and still trying to watch my calories.

Sorry you aren’t feeling great....you are such an inspiration!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    @conniewilkins56 sorry you're feeling like that. Hope things are ok! I think it's a crazy busy time of year....I've barely had time to log my meals tbh. Think I've checked in yesterday and today and that's it for about a week. But I'm sure if you need any help people are here for you.
  • maiomaio71
    I want to grumble about being under the weather and still trying to watch my calories.

I think @NovusDies would probably tell you to maintain when you're not well. Are you on the mend?
  • maiomaio71
    While we're grumbling I'm going to complain about the weather. It's been crazy hot here so I haven't walked for a couple of days. Now it's freaking raining cats and dogs. But I'm going to go out anyway. I'd rather be wet than sweltering and I need a really good long walk to blow away the cobwebs and get rid of some stress.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member

I hope it’s just that time of the year and people are busy doing holiday stuff...usually this is such a supportive and motivating group of people....hang in there....we are all on the same journey!

There are quite a lot of people in this group but I have noticed it's a familar few that contribute.
    I will hold my hands up for being quiet of late, I have been busy but I'm also struggling a little and it's difficult to motivate others when you can't do it for yourself.
    I shall try to get back into the swing of it!
  • conniewilkins56
    When you are struggling or need motivation, that is when you need to be here!...share your struggles, we all have them!...everyone wants to know what everyone else does to help on those days when you can’t face another day of struggles!...
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    maiomaio71 wrote: »

I think @NovusDies would probably tell you to maintain when you're not well. Are you on the mend?

I am feeling much better today thank you. I will sometimes do higher calories when sick, but I try to avoid doing it when I can. I'm not always the best at self care.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    maiomaio71 wrote: »

Nice to know I don't always have to be the one to say it. :smile: