NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    Hello lovely ladies! For those of you that celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope yours was wonderful. Mine was great except it rained all day. I ate one sensible plate plus dessert. I was very full but not to the point that I felt like I was going to burst (that's how I usually feel). We took home leftovers for one meal today and that's it! It did take me 2 hours 10 minutes to get home Thanksgiving eve...

@mswatson0777 Oh, I feel your pain. There is always stuff like that at my work, too. It's usually cheese and bread though. It's hard to resist. I usually just try not to go in the room where the food is. I hope your Thanksgiving was great. Thanks for your support. Yeah, the commute stinks.

@its_cleo Oh yes! It's wonderful. Good idea to say noooooooo! ;) Christmas will be here before you know it, hang on! Are you taking any time off?

@renaegry I have a Nutribullet and love it.

@joannadavison I think you can star the thread to make it your favorite, that's how I find it. Don't lose us!!!! We miss you!!! That stinks about your kitchen. Hopefully, it is done soon. I like those new doors, very nice. And the lights are very cool. Wow!

@theslightedgeforever hahaha! I don't know what it is about raw onions. And here's something funny: I can eat them in potato salad but nothing else. I do love ya! ;) I'll try to get some exercise in. I hope your Thanksgiving was successful, mine was. Wow, two dinners!

@TrishasTime Hello and I hope your exam goes well.

EMPOWERED.
    November goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 5 minutes a day 3 times a week, lose 2 lb
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @trooworld I like raw onions on chili dogs for some reason. Sounds like you did really well at Thanksgiving dinner. I stayed within my carb/cal range but felt overly full today. I opted out of dessert so I could have another roll and 1/2 c. extra serving of sweet potato casserole I made. But still felt overly full so I didn't eat the 3rd roll I planned. With grape jelly. I never allow myself grape jelly anymore it seems. I wrapped it up and I'll have it sometime tomorrow along with the leftovers I took. Although no stuffing this time. Evidently I still have work to do in this process as I was overly full. Next week is two more gatherings. Ugh. I'll get through this.

Green Day Stayed OP 195/238- Walked 10 min cause I made myself get up and at least do something.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good grief, I had written a long post to everyone two days in a word.doc ago and must have forgotten to post it! :# I'm glad you all seem to be doing well! I did pretty well over Thanksgiving because I was home and could control my food. I made Trader Joe's cauliflower rice stuffing and it was pretty darn tasty! This morning I have to go over to the church and help with the Christmas decorations. Then back home to do a workout. Ya'll have a good day!! <3
  • trooworld
    Hello all. I have been putting up Christmas decorations in the house. It looks nice. There are no more Thanksgiving leftovers, we ate some for dinner last night and tossed the rest. Back to normal food today. Two meals were enough.

@theslightedgeforever I would hate them on chili dogs lol. I did do well on Thanksgiving. You did pretty well, too.

@TeresaW1020 lol...I'm glad your Thanksgiving was good. Enjoy your day!

EMPOWERED.
    November goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, ride the stationary bike 5 minutes a day 3 times a week, lose 2 lb
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I swear you can make just about anything these days with Cauliflower rice. lol That's great that you did well over Thanksgiving. Now to just get through the rest of the year. One day at a time.

@trooworld Good for you for tossing the rest of the leftovers. It will go to waste either on your body or in the garbage can. I wish there were places to just take leftover food so it could be distributed to the homeless. It seems the homeless population seems to be growing. Sad.

Low Yellow Day- Stayed OP 149/150 37 minutes of walking.

November goals: continue following carb cycling program each day, strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water. Well I did well on the carb cycling thing. I think I'll concentrate on the other two next for December.

• trooworld
    Hello gals! It's December already! Time to think about December goals. I didn't do so well on my November goals: I tracked well, did okay on my water, sucked on my exercise, and gained 2 lbs. :( I'm loosening things up a bit for December. Here is what I am making for meal prep today:

The Ultimate Fruit, Cheese & Nut Salad
    Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken + roasted carrots
    Slow-Cooker Beef and Barley Soup
    Roasted Sweet Potato Kale and Dried Cherries, Feta & Pepitas

@theslightedgeforever Exactly, so I might as well toss it. There wasn't much to throw out or I would have just taken it out in the city and given it out to the homeless (I've done that before). We didn't take a lot of the leftovers home, we left them at my in-law's. Yes, the homeless population does seem to be growing. It's very sad. I think rising rent costs don't help things. :(

EMPOWERED.
    December goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, go for a walk 2 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Hello all.
    I hope Thanksgiving was good.
    I was hoping my kitchen was servicable by yesterday but it's going to be at least Thursday next week!
    Thank you for lovely comments about lights & doors. I was excited- now I am just fed up & want it functional! DH is taking the dirty dishes & laundry to my Mum's on a morning & bringing it back after work late evening.
    So today I got weighed- heaviest I've been in at least 10 years. I feel awful as not been eating "good" food- so sick of processed fast convenience food.
    DH & I had healthy lunch out & did some shopping- we've bought ready prepared soup mixes- basically veg chopped with some herb seasoning. So the soup maker will be on every night instead of microwave or McDonald's!!!
    Set up my healthy planner for 12 weeks & set some goals for Dec.
    I will try to post daily again but with the chaos might not be as frequent as I'd like.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    It sounds like everyone did well at Thanksgiving, that’s great!

Homelessness is on the rise here too. I think housing is just too unaffordable….if I were to move anywhere my rent would go up by about $300 or more so I couldn’t afford that.

@TeresaW1020 cauliflower stuffing, wow creative. I’ve never tried cauliflower rice or pasta or anything. I’m afraid to try it lol.

@trooworld I’m taking off the week between xmas and new years…it ends up being about 14 days. Honestly though the holidays are very hard for me so while I’m looking forward to the time off I’m not looking forward to it, if that makes sense.

@theslightedgeforever lol yeah sorry that was confusing. It sounds like you have good goals. I approach my time like you do, similar. I’m now tracking in 3 month chunks which is almost 100 days. And setting goals in 3 month chunks, though I track weekly and monthly too. I figure if I can keep a good habit for 3 months then I can move on to the next.

So today it is snowing and yet I’m bound and determined to try the stairs/hill workout I normally do. We’ll see how far I get. I really want to keep it up this winter. I will try to take a picture if I can.

In other news I’m trying to buy a couple new things for the kitchen, just a couple of pans like a big stock pot, and a new lasagna pan. Just odds and ends but I had some old stuff that just got worn out. Finding it hard to find anything I like- everything is in sets. I made the mistake of going to the mall yesterday and it was just a mass of people lol. So I will try online.

Yesterday I went for a walk with my hiking group in the evening. There is a street here that all the houses put up a giant Sant, you know those big inflatable things. So it’s like house after house lit up with a giant Santa. I find it kind of funny, I would be the odd duck on the street that wouldn’t want to do it. And I picture the neighbours coming and having a sit down like in the mafia, and saying this is how we do things here, don’t make any waves. Like the Santa mafia lol.

Anyway. My cals have been down and my weight dropped a pound. It’s nice but so far it’s been up and down week to week, so I feel like next week it will just be back up. One thing I am super proud of is I met my goal of 4 drinks a week for the last month and that’s the first time. The months before it was always 4.5 or something.

@TrishasTime good luck with your test.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Good morning everyone

I am cleared for another year. Even though I pay through the nose at a private clinic, I do it because I get the results on the same day and it is worth it to me. I try very hard not to think about it during the year - no self examinations for me, so when the appointment pops up - I only have a few days to mull. Apparently the further I get away from 40 - the smaller the risk it comes - so there another benefit of ageing :)

I hope you all had a great time for thanksgiving. December means Christmas is just around the corner - have you all done your shopping yet?

Are you planning how you are going to handle Christmas in your December goals

Take care

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Hi Everyone! I'm finally on the drive home from my in-laws house. Sorry I've been MIA but its been a busy few days filled with family and visiting. I love my MIL, but she is an extreme extrovert whereas I'm an introvert so I tend to feel pretty overwhelmed when I visit. I'm looking forward to my extra day off tomorrow to regroup before going back to work on Tuesday.

Food wise I only had one truly bad day, and I didnt feel bad or sick while I was there which is a major improvement. I focused on getting lots of protein and only having one dessert a day. I'm looking forward to getting home and cooking a big batch of healthy food!

It sounds like everyone did very well this Thanksgiving, we got this!!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Onto December.....

@trooworld Yes on the rising rent costs. People can be so greedy these days. Ok, so you said you will go for a walk 2 days a week. Which days? Treat them like an appt. What time? I'm going to be playing that game this month with myself. I'm going to attend a virtual step class on Mondays and Thursdays 7:15 a.m. Your recipes look good this week.

@joannadavison I hear you on remodeling. Especially the kitchen. It's such an important room of the house. It sounds like you have a plan for Dec. Just take it one day at a time.

@its_cleo I was afraid to try the cauliflower rice too because yuck! But I've made tater tots, recipes using reg rice (family didn't notice), and my all time favorite Cheesy Cauliflower Bowl which I eat once a week. I just buy a head of cauliflower and rice my own in my food processor. Takes just a couple of minutes. Then I put them in 1 c portions in my freezer so I can just take out what I need. Did you do the stairs in the snow? Santa mafia. lol Woohoo on the dropped lb. Continue with good habits so you can see another lb gone. You did great on your drinking goal.

@trishastime So I'm sitting here trying to figure out what you were cleared of. I thought breast cancer but then thought that wouldn't fit in with the age 40. I added my December goals. Christmas will be just like Thanksgiving. Well,that's the plan anyway. lol

@mswatson0777 Extrovert. lol That's what my daughter in law will be saying about me. (if I ever get one.......) I know, you just really want the silence. That's how I feel when I used to go to my inlaws. They all talk loud and it's very chaotic. I have to retreat into the bedroom sometimes. I have a split personality where I'm both extrovert/introvert. I think there's a name for that I read. Yaaaay, you showed some progress from last Thanksgiving. We got this.

OK, so seems everyone seemed to make progress this Thanksgiving, we can do it for Christmas. Planning ahead is the key.

Red Day- Stayed OP 100/100 carbs. 65 minutes of walking.

December goals: Step class and strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water.

• its_cleo
    @theslightedgeforever I did make it. I took a picture but MFP wont let me upload pics from my phone.

Itvwas fun but tiring. Stairsx4 hillx4.
  • trooworld
    Morning ladies! I got a lot done yesterday: I went for a walk with the dog and my husband, decluttered the spare room a bit and took some stuff to the Goodwill, did meal prep and even had time to take a nap! I think December will be a good month.

@joannadavison Oh no! :( That sounds so inconvenient. I'm so sorry. Hang in there.

@its_cleo Yeah, I think housing is a big part of the problem. I understand what you are saying about it being a break but not looking forward to it because it is hard for you. Do you try to keep the structure in your days so that you are busy? Be safe with those stairs/hills in the snow!!! lol to Santa mafia. ;) Congrats on the weight being down and meeting your drinking goal!!! WTG!

@TrishasTime That's great news! I have not done my shopping yet and probably won't do it for another couple of weeks lol. I think I will handle Christmas like I handled Thanksgiving...I did well with it that way (don't take many leftovers home).

@mswatson0777 You must be exhausted from your visit! Welcome "home" and I hope you settle in at home to a healthy dinner nicely.

@theslightedgeforever The weekends. Those are the only days I have time for now. In the morning with the dog and the husband. re: the recipes...thanks!

EMPOWERED.
    December goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, go for a walk 2 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, you sound like you are tackling December with determination and motivation. Good for you! Did you get your tree all decorated? Do you have a color scheme you stick with? :)

@theslightedgeforever, I have become a big fan of cauliflower rice. I did attempt once again to make fresh cauliflower mash and it was OK, but I think I will stick with Green Giant. If it ain’t broke… ;)

@joannadavison, I remember well how tired I was when we did our kitchen renovation. You will be so happy with the outcome that the inconvenience will be worth it. Getting back on track during the holidays is hard but it’s good you are getting a plan in place. Just because it’s the Christmas season doesn’t mean we shouldn’t continue to do our best. You got this and we are here to support you. Goodness knows I need the support!! :)

@its_cleo, I was afraid of cauliflower for years and now it’s really growing on me. I think this week I just might try roasting it in the oven. I love roasted veggies of all kinds and I’ve heard it’s good. I’ll let you know! ;) That is great about the street with the giant Santa's! I’m not fond of those inflatables so if they wanted me to do it they would have to buy it and come blow it up every night for me. :D

@mswatson0777, welcome back! Sounds like you did well over the holiday, and I hear you about wanting to get back to healthy eating. That is where I’ve been this week after a few days off plan. :)

@TrishasTime, Yayyy for getting a good result from your breast exam!! I promised hubby that after the first of the year I would go get mine done and a full physical. I did go out and do some shopping for my husband the other day. He wanted new dress pants, so I found this great deal and bought him three pairs and then found out that he had told me the wrong size, so I have to go exchange them today. Men!! :#

Hi everyone! :) I’m on my lunch break at work so I thought I would catch up with you all. I’m glad Thanksgiving is over. The dog got the last of the turkey for dinner last night. She loved it!! Now, I’m working on my Christmas party that I’m having this Friday for the staff and their spouses. There will be 12 of us and we are all very close and will have a great time eating and playing silly games. My diet is still low carb and not really Keto right now. I’m not losing any weight but I’m not gaining either, so I guess that is a good thing. I decided to start another workout video today. The one I was doing was annoying me so much that I finally decided to call it quits and go to one that I like and will be motivated to actually do. OK, back to work for awhile and then I’m off to exchange some pants! :D
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Hi there.
    @its_cleo where are you to have snow? It's below freezing every morning here- thick frost, black ice & too cold for snow!! Well done on the drinks goal.

@mswatson0777 re:your MiLI can relate, mine is always right!! Sounds like a focussed Thanksgiving.

@theslightedgeforever the thought of homemade soup kept me going today. Sooooo much nicer than McD's again!

@trooworld the declutter sounds good. We started in the summer with clothes etc. Obviously some things on hold for major remodel- although I'm chucking ancient pans & baking stuff and getting new to match & only what I actually use. At some point, over school Christmas holidays, my craft room needs doing! Got rid of girls' fairy/angel wings to church nativity costume box!! I love a good declutter but takes me ages to motivate!

@TeresaW1020 I know what you mean. I've not long been in & today's work shows a lot of progress. Finally starting to come together. A swap around with work out always good. I've arranged mine with trauner, in 2 week cycles as I was starting to miss some of the earlier exercises out. Staying the same over Christmas is not a bad thing. That was usually my goal. If I hadn't lost the plot recently I would be happy to maintain.

I'm skipping my housegroup tonight as eldest has exams ("mocks" - internal to the school but using last years actual papers as a practice- I've just finished marking my classes last week) & it's Biology tomorrow so I'm helping her. Unfortunately she missed whole weekend of work as the Cadets decided to have their "advancement board" (they do this for older cadets for the top 2 ranks, weekend assessment- the rest is in unit) this weekend- stupid time of year but they did it. Pleased she passed but could've done without it!
    So I'd better get quizzing!
  • its_cleo
    edited December 2019
    @theslightedgeforever cheesy cauliflower sounds good. Maybe I should give it a try.

@trooworld sounds like you've been busy! I love taking stuff to Goodwill, I love decluttering and sorting stuff out. It's so nice when it's done. Also I think I'm OCD so I like sorting things into piles lol. I am trying to have structure in place but usually end up not. It's hard to find things for the days. I'm hoping my hiking club will do some hikes. Goodluck with your shopping- still lots of time!

Also I will probably go to the art gallery here if they have any new exhibits for one day, and maybe back to the museum, they are supposed to have some new exhibits- one is wildlife photography. Not sure what else.

@TeresaW1020 wow another party! You're a real extrovert :) It seems like you really enjoy planning the events and what a nice gift it is to bring everyone together. I'm not very good at things like that- I'm an introvert or usually I call myself a hermit lol. --- =Yeah those inflatables. I wondered how much work it was to put them up. This street is pretty well off, so I wonder if some of the people pay someone to do it all for them.

@joannadavison I'm in Toronto, Ontario Canada. It doesn't usually snow so early, but it is this year. I always thing of rain in England...I;ve never been. My dad was born in Scotland though. Your door looks nice!

I did take a picture below. This is the same path I go on in the summer. This is near the bottom of the hill. I tried to take a selfie but all you would see is my big head lol. Not too much snow yet.

Well I was doing great but blew it today, I had some sweets at work- the office! Yep it is always a challenge. Then I didn;t really have anything planned for dinner and I ordered Chinese food. Oh well. I did well for 4 weeks under goal each week. Tomorrow is my birthday but I think I will skip the fancy coffee because of splurging today.

Take care all

iec2p8l9b2f2.jpg
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Hi all. I’m not doing a good job of checking in. Lol. Hope everyone is doing well. Eating is alright. A little slow on getting in my workouts. Did a 40 min walk on treadmill yesterday and did a jog on Friday.

Had a huge flare up with my jaw. But it’s a spot on my left jawline. It’s been off and on since October but the last few days my face has been so swollen. Going for a CT scan on Thursday. Then hopefully can get an appt with the doctor next week to find out what it is. Hopefully it isn’t to serious.

Work tomorrow then have to go to daughters
    Gymnastics so hopefully will get in an outside walk while there.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @its_cleo Good for you for getting in the stairs anyway. That trail looks fun. Well, not the snow part. I love hiking. Such fun exercise. I'm always the last one at the bottom of the hill but one of the "advantages of losing weight" cards I have is I'll be able to keep up on a hike and not walk so slow and always be the last one. I want to see Scotland. My ex-sil is from there. Well then think of today as your bday treat. Now time to move on and head towards your goal.

@trooworld Yaaay on your walk. I noticed you lost weight. Woohoo

@teresaw1020 Maintaining during this season can be a blessing. You should have seen me with my step aerobics video. lol I'm fine until they do cross overs and turn arounds. Eventually I'll get it and then it will be time to move on to a different class.

@joannadavison I never knew it could be too cold for snow. I hate driving on black ice. Enjoy your time with the trainer and think about how much good it is doing for your body. You'll be back to losing soon.

Red Day- Stayed OP 87/100 carbs 15 min of step aerobics.

December goals: Step class and strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @renaegry We cross posted. I hope everything is fine with your jaw and they figure it out. The important thing is you are getting in your workouts. How is the food this week?
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! I am trying! I got the tree decorated but the Christmas village is not up. Color scheme for the tree...years ago when I first got a tree, I just got a bunch of ornaments that I thought were cute and didn't do a theme now I wish I did lol. So no, no theme! :( That's good that you quit the workout video that was annoying you and started one you liked; life is short, why do stuff you don't like?? :D

@joannadavison Yes, I agree, it takes me ages to motivate me to declutter too lol. It's so overwhelming. That's great that you started already though.

@its_cleo I have been busy but it's good. I love it, too, it feels good and it goes to a good cause. I miss hiking but my foot can't take it! I hope you get to go on some hikes. That sounds good to go to the art gallery and museum, good plans! What a beautiful trail! re: the sweets...just move on. Happy birthday, don't skip the fancy coffee, it's your birthday!!! Don't punish yourself on your birthday. :(

@renaegry ouch I am glad you are going back to the doctor.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! After I gained some but still, at least I lost it!

EMPOWERED.