The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy snowy Monday! Did you know it's virtually impossible to shovel snow with a bad shoulder? Even just pushing it in a big shovel was hard. Oh well hubs got some exercise and we got a perfect excuse for skipping an appointment. Have a fun day
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    stated 11/5 227lbs. today 12/2 217.8lbs. MyNutrition helps track. Tracking helps identify
  • WhalenJR
    WhalenJR Posts: 21 Member
    Getting a jumpstart on new years. I have been on and off here for a few years. Starting new again. Not where I want to be bit not where I started either. Time for a reset. I am going to log everything this week without making any changes to my normal and then evaluate my nutrition and see what all I need to adjust. With any luck I hope to still be here and maintaining by summer.
  • ruther345
    ruther345 Posts: 7 Member
    I had a great thanksgiving. But I am burned out on turkey since I went 4 dinners a thanksgiving week. All turkeyed
    out.
  • AliNouveau
    Happy giving Tuesday everyone!!!! Today's the day to be nice and smile or hold a door open just give a little bit of yourself to others. I try to live every day like this.

So....it's been more than 6 weeks since I had my shoulder repaired. The surgeon said after 6 weeks I could go skate laps. Do I go to the local outdoor rink down the street and attempt my first skating since surgery???? I'm very tempted to do this
  • AliNouveau
    Evenings are the killer for me too. I’m running around all day like a mad woman and when I’m in for the night my good intentions evaporate like the bottle of red wine I just opened 😂

Haha I love this. Wine does have a short life span so you don't want to waste it.

You can do like I did last night and get super stressed that would furnace is about to die and lose your appetite
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy giving Tuesday everyone!!!! Today's the day to be nice and smile or hold a door open just give a little bit of yourself to others. I try to live every day like this.

So....it's been more than 6 weeks since I had my shoulder repaired. The surgeon said after 6 weeks I could go skate laps. Do I go to the local outdoor rink down the street and attempt my first skating since surgery???? I'm very tempted to do this

Stay safe Ali! Did you quit the fun & games thread?
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Good snowy morning!

At least, at my house. It really is amazing the difference that elevation makes. I live in one of the larger counties in WV. On the western end, where I live, we had around 5" snow and a thin layer of ice this morning. The eastern end, where I work, however, had nothing more than the slightest dusting in shadowed areas. You don't realize there is such an elevation difference when driving from one end to the other until winter time!

Meanwhile, I have a busy week ahead of me. I have to package soaps for a craft show this weekend tonight; tomorrow night is church, Thursday night is choir Christmas cantata practice, and Friday and Saturday are the craft show. I've got my Christmas tree up and decorated, but I don't know if I'll find the time to get the outside lights up, since I typically don't get home until after 6 pm of an evening.
  • AliNouveau

Thanks....Just hanging out here now

I'm gonna go to my club to skate 5-10 minutes after the class. My brother wants me to go somewhere people know me in case I fall or get hurt .
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member

I'm gonna go to my club to skate 5-10 minutes after the class. My brother wants me to go somewhere people know me in case I fall or get hurt .

I think the skating where somebody knows you is a great idea until you figure out your current limitations.
  • Hi all! After a few months of a hiatus I am getting back to tracking and focusing on my health and fitness. Looking to use MFP more now for accountability and to make this fun! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • AliNouveau

I think the skating where somebody knows you is a great idea until you figure out your current limitations.

Hahaha limitations. They only exist in the mind.
    I get what you mean I just believe in pushing yourself which got me into this situation but hey some of us never learn
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Hi all. I have been on and off here since 2013. Sheesh. I need new accountability friends. I need more interaction lol. Feel free to add me. I need to end this decade on a positive note :smiley:
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Hi everyone! Have a great day!
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    jwd574 wrote: »
    Well, I'm officially 40. So far so good. Lol

It's not bad. Best years are in front of you if you choose not to get "old"

I don't think I'll ever get old. I'm having too much fun!!
  • AliNouveau
    You know you're getting old when someone calls you to chat about shoulder repair surgery and another friend calls to chat because she's in the hospital after having a hip replacement.

I'm glad I could chat with the one friend about shoulder surgery. She was really nervous and I managed to tell her she'll be ok. It's not as bad as people say it is
  • banda798
    banda798 Posts: 13 Member
    37 in march 🤓 started Jan 14th this year around 240lb, was able to drop it to 188 for my bday. Then was able to touch 146.5 but thought it looked unhealthy at that point so now I'm at 169.6lb... now trying to gain mass while staying around 170lbs (on a vegetarian diet 😐🤨... been a vegetarian for about 2.5 weeks)