December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Oh and @PastorVincent what's that light vest thingy you were plugging? I may have accidentally bought one. Free delivery to nz, couldn't say no. Guess I'll definitely be running in winter now!

Oh no! Now someone will offer you beads for it!
  • PastorVincent
    noblsheep wrote: »

Welcome to everybody new! @greeneggs_and_sam @Christine4695 @dmfaler @UTMBdreams & anyone else I missed.
    This! Sorry to whomever I miss, but welcome all!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    @Faebert Good luck with the surgery!
  • dmfaler
    dmfaler Posts: 56 Member
    So inspirational to read about all of your runs!

@Faebert - Hope your surgery and recovery go well.

@dreamer12151 - way to go on getting your run in when it was so cold

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @Faebert wishing you an easy surgery and recovery. Please let us know how you are doing if you can and feel comfortable, will be thinking about you. If you are able to, meet with a PT about things you can do as you recover. All the best to you.

@quilteryoyo glad you are ok! So lucky to walk away from such a big collision.

I signed up for one more race today, talked into it by a flash sale. At least I didn't buy any clothes, shoes, gear? Though I will probably desperately need something soon and wish I had.
  • PastorVincent
    @Faebert wishing you an easy surgery and recovery. Please let us know how you are doing if you can and feel comfortable, will be thinking about you. If you are able to, meet with a PT about things you can do as you recover. All the best to you.

Also, take the time to recover as prescribed. We all seem to want to rush back into it. One extra week, either way, will not make a difference in your running career, but it could make a big difference in your recovery.
  • PastorVincent
    @PastorVincent I hope you didn't hurt your foot too badly. It looks like you were having a good run.

December is supposed to be easy runs with some "fast finish" mixed in. So sticking between 9-10 was okay, if a touch slow. So, basically, to be on plan, I just have to reverse the splits before letting my coach see them. :smiley:
    I hit a huge deer (6 or 8 point buck) on my way to work this morning. It appeared out of nowhere and I was hitting it before I really registered what it was. It limped off, but I fear it was hurt pretty badly. My car remained driveable, so I drove on to work before reporting it to the authorities and my insurance company. The insurance was great. The adjuster called about an hour later and I took the car to a shop to get an estimate during my lunch break. (Almost $3200 damage!) Fortunately, I decided to get comprehensive coverage last Jan, so I won't have any out of pocket expenses and I can use my dad's car while the repairs are done. Hopefully, it will get repaired within the next couple of weeks. I'm blessed.

Glad you are okay!

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Feeling super tired but managed my 2 mile run on the treadmill. Strength training is once again pushed off :*

@quilteryoyo Sorry about your accident! We hit a small buck 2 years ago on Nov 30 and insurance totaled our car.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    The run started so well... LOL Can you guess where my foot got hurt? I was planing 15ish, ah well.

6dizklwrv5f4.png

SMH - hurt your foot, started running slower, yet it is still faster than my current pace times! Hope your foot is feeling better soon, @PastorVincent !
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited December 2019
    Oh and @PastorVincent what's that light vest thingy you were plugging? I may have accidentally bought one. Free delivery to nz, couldn't say no. Guess I'll definitely be running in winter now!

Oh no! Now someone will offer you beads for it!

Bahaha but are they magic? Eta yep I saw the story last month, I know we're beads not beans, but I could always hope.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    I follow this guy on Instagram as he has the most beautiful running style and is an absolute joy to watch. Anyway, he’s based in Sweden and just posted this clip of him running on an icy track, which made me think of all of you running in the frozen north at the moment. Worth a watch regardless of his skill in the ice!

I can totally imagine @PastorVincent doing this!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I follow this guy on Instagram as he has the most beautiful running style and is an absolute joy to watch. Anyway, he’s based in Sweden and just posted this clip of him running on an icy track, which made me think of all of you running in the frozen north at the moment. Worth a watch regardless of his skill in the ice!

I can totally imagine @PastorVincent doing this!

Makes me nervous just watching it. But the same weather is coming my way. At least it forces me to slow down a bit. Sometimes I do "ice fartleks", where I go fast on clear spots and slow down for icy spots. I still much prefer summer though.
  • kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    December Goal: 250km

02/12: 8.23
    03/12: 8.53

Total KM run: 16.76

My main goal for December is to finish my NYE marathon strong and still smiling!

@ContraryMaryMary Way to smash out a race especially when you're not 100%! Those post race treats look delicious :)
    @Faebert Best wishes for your upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery
    @quilteryoyo Thankfully you're OK after the deer vs car incident, that must have given you a fright!

Re: Picking races - I generally choose races within a radius of less than 2 hours travel time, but I'll go anywhere for a full (picking a full comes down to timing and appeal rather than location) New Zealand is pretty small so that gives me a fair few locations to pick from without having to go too far:)