5k Swimming Challenge

12346»

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    This thread spurred me back into enjoying long swims - I'd hate to see it die!

@LeiLaura - you past the 2km now? :D
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Speaking of long swims, our local tri club president sent out an invitation to our club's annual New Year's Day swim. As usual, the event is a 100x100 format. The event starts at 12 noon and goes until completion of the10,000 yard distance or whenever the pool closes. Last year, 9 people completed the swim. I was not one of them, but I was reminded of this thread.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Speaking of long swims, our local tri club president sent out an invitation to our club's annual New Year's Day swim. As usual, the event is a 100x100 format. The event starts at 12 noon and goes until completion of the10,000 yard distance or whenever the pool closes. Last year, 9 people completed the swim. I was not one of them, but I was reminded of this thread.

yeah my shoulder won't let me do that! as much as i'd like to
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

You need to rehab that shoulder for more IM racing. I'm counting on you to join me in Coeur D"Alene, if not before!!
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    To celebrate New Year's Day, my Master's swim club is doing 150x50s (yards), which comes out to 6k yards or 5,486 meters. We have two hours to finish. I'll come back to this and report Wednesday.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    1 hour 52 minutes. The sets were planned and times in intervals chosen by the coach. I think I could have gone faster if I was able to swim it in longer sets.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    I swam 78 miles in 2019. The longest at one time was 1 mile. (I’ve had to cut back my yardage this fall due to shoulder pain😢)
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I do a 5km every Sunday, 4km on mon and fri and 3.25km on Wednesday. I’m doing the 15km Swimathon challenge in March
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    I do a 5km every Sunday, 4km on mon and fri and 3.25km on Wednesday. I’m doing the 15km Swimathon challenge in March

That's the swimathon challenge I am doing too! yay! are you doing it at a location on the 'official' weekend or via the 'MySwimathon' on days/day of your choosing?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member

You need to rehab that shoulder for more IM racing. I'm counting on you to join me in Coeur D"Alene, if not before!!

i know i do...but i haven't actually gotten a Dx...aside from arthritis...