Stuck

Hi all MFP users, i'm 60+ years young and lacto-vegetarian, i've been calorie counting for the last 6 months and doing okay until the last 3 weeks, i can't seem to move from the same weight not gaining or loosing just staying put, my average weight loss has been 1lb a week which i'm okay with, my calorie limit is 1200, anybody any ideas to get the scales moving?. p.s I don't do gyms but do other exercise 4/5 times a week.

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Congratulations, you're in maintenance!

...1200 calories sounds low; you ought to be losing on that. It's possible your logging is out, which might not have affected you when your body was larger and your calorie needs greater, but as you've lost weight you've lost wiggle room.

What's your height/weight? Can you make your diary public so that we can see what you're doing and make suggestions for changes?
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Hollis100 wrote: »
    For whoever disagreed with my post above, to clarify -- I've tried all my suggestions at one time or another and they all helped me. They might or might not help the OP, but since she asked for ideas, I passed them on.

I think your suggestion were good!
  • FlipFlop00
    FlipFlop00 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for all the replies, i shall try to action some of them and see where it takes me, I shall endevour to post in a weeks time to update how things are going, once again thank you. Yes I live in the north UK. Flippin cold at the moment.
  • annliz23
    Good luck you can do this. I am not a favourite of the cold yuk!
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited December 2019
    FlipFlop00 wrote: »
    Hi all MFP users, i'm 60+ years young and lacto-vegetarian, i've been calorie counting for the last 6 months and doing okay until the last 3 weeks, i can't seem to move from the same weight not gaining or loosing just staying put, my average weight loss has been 1lb a week which i'm okay with, my calorie limit is 1200, anybody any ideas to get the scales moving?. p.s I don't do gyms but do other exercise 4/5 times a week.

63yo, 5'4", F, CW 167, GW 140
    After a steady rate of loss over 10 months, I've been stuck for two months at the same weight (+/- 5#). The two differences I was able to pinpoint are: a) inconsistent use of the food scale; using eyeballs to portion; and b) my weekend binge control isn't working as well as it used to. I've got a fresh weekend coming up to try again not to fall into the poor food choices of recent weekends.
    And I put fresh batteries in the food scale.

I recalculated my goals in MFP after losing 30 pounds, and am currently alloted 1570 calories a day with a 1/2# per week loss goal. FOod scale even more critical than before; it doesn't take much to put on a 1/2# instead of lose it.

good luck to you and to all of us!
  • annliz23
    Well an update a bit later than promised, I lost 1lb begining of last week, 'then' disaster, 2 of my very good friends died at the end of last week 😢 both from cancer, it is a blessing that they are now free from pain, but I now have to also cope with 2 funerals before christmas 😩. The weight control went to pot, now need some motivation to get going again. 'Sigh'

So sorry for you stay strong!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Well an update a bit later than promised, I lost 1lb begining of last week, 'then' disaster, 2 of my very good friends died at the end of last week 😢 both from cancer, it is a blessing that they are now free from pain, but I now have to also cope with 2 funerals before christmas 😩. The weight control went to pot, now need some motivation to get going again. 'Sigh'

Oh no I'm so sorry!! :( Give yourself some time before you even think about losing weight right now. Feeling very emotional and suffering 2 losses might not be the best time to add the stress of this too. Whenever you're ready to deal with changing lifestyle habits will be when you say. But for now, be gentle and kind to yourself. Hugs to you..