Starting today.

I am deciding to take control over my weight again starting today. I have really struggled a lot sticking with anything this past 1.5 years. I just turned 35 last month and need/want to get healthier. I must do this!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    If you are ready to lose your weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion you are welcome to join the MFP Larger Losers group:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

It is for people who are starting or originally started with 75 pounds or more to lose. There is a great group of people there that have a good understanding of what it means to carry extra weight and the additional challenges it represents.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    I second what @NovusDies said -- I participate in that community as well.

I find it really useful to have a group of like-minded people in a similar situation as I am. Too many people on here are trying to lose weight and their "heaviest ever" size is just below my goal weight. That's great for them being healthy but did little for me in terms of motivation / support :\ (I started 1/1/2019 at 386.6 lbs).

Best of luck to you getting started. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Welcome to MFP, I too am a member of the Larger Losers group and I think they are a lovely bunch of the most supportive people on here. Followinf on from merph, many people on here don't appreciate that needing to lose 75+ is a completely different experience to someone needing to lose 10, 20 or 30lbs so can offer really good advice and experiences.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    edited December 2019
    Congratulations on taking the first step! And you'll be 4 weeks into this process when New Year's resolutions roll around! :)