I am so ashamed and ready to get healthy

I have just started logging today (From nz it is 10.15am here) I have logged my breakfast and I am so f-ing ashamed of how many calories I have already had for my breakfast. (It is no wonder I am fat!)
Has anyone here experienced feelings of being scared to change? Even though you know its the best thing to do for yourself?
Also anyone ex HAES believers? I am coming out of that mentality.
I have dieted on and off for about 10 years and currently at my heaviest. I am done with low carb diets and crash diets and I know they work for some people long term but not me. I have been a member of MFP for a few years but never done it seriously.
Would love to follow/friend people who are near my starting weight..109kg (I think 240lbs)
I am 165cm tall female for fyi.

Replies

• CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    I know how you feel. Welcome to MFP - I am sure you will find help and support here. I wish you the very best!

Charles
  • fromhailey
    fromhailey Posts: 14 Member
    Hi! I am somewhat on the spectrum of HAES ... I have been on every diet there is, done all the supplements, weight has been all over the place. Ironically, the most healthy i have ever been is when i quit restricting food groups and large amounts of calories. Best of luck to you!
  • dmoore363
    dmoore363 Posts: 2 Member
    I know how you feel. Logging again and noticing how much I consume is really terrifying. But I know we can do it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Actually you're doing it exactly right. You log to see what you're really eating calorie-wise. To many it's a shock. That's good. It gives you motivation to change your habits. Take a good look at what you're eating and start to make small changes so you can hit your calorie goal. This is a long learning process, so just take it step by step. You'll make a few mistakes along the way. Just keep plugging away and you'll be successful. Wishing you the best.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Good luck in your journey you can do this!
  • pilotsroo
    pilotsroo Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you so much everyone. Day 2 today & feeling pretty good.