What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    Takeaway lunch at my desk from the Vietnamese. I got the brown rice box instead of bun cha this time.
    adxgddvq7aso.jpeg
  • acpgee
    It was hubby's turn to cook but he bailed. Dinner from the Korean takeaway augmented with a jar of radish kimchi.
    https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/london/aldgate/bentobab
    bdnozsrzo9mn.jpeg
  • acpgee
    I cooked tonight. Ma po tofu with some pickled mustard greens on the side, vietnamese roast aubergine salad with herbs and chopped peanuts, rice.
    u8wp6ecvykbz.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Hubby cooked tonight. We have been starting with salad with halved grapes, blue cheese and candied walnuts a lot. Main was typicaly Dutch. Mash with cavolo nero and a meatball.
    azmrodjx8b0b.jpeg
    jw8m69c83ugv.jpeg

• MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Cod, balsamic carrots, salad, vino :)

Those carrots look divine... recipe?
  • acpgee
    Eighties meal of soup, salad, pasta. Roast pumpkin soup garnished with mint and fried chorizo, lettuce with blue cheese, halved grapes and candied walnuts, spaghetti with vodka tomato sauce.
    unsuile6t0e3.jpeg
    n4ud0kct5cia.jpeg
    vqlrhbs78xut.jpeg

• acpgee
    Lunch at my desk. Aubergine bun cha with extra chicken wings.
    a3z9buzjskrw.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    9r82zeiaojls.jpeg

Mujadara with Oumph (Swedish Soy Protein), Watercress, tomato and pistachios with a Tzatziki style sauce.
  • acpgee
    We went back to the vegan restaurant downstairs. I had one of those newfangled engineered hot dogs. Indistinguishable from a meat hot dog.
    866vvcyxk236.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    ^^ I agree it seems to be one of the most successful texture and flavour dupes. Even the Sainsbury’s own brand frozen range meat free hotdogs are indistinguishable from a standard hotdog!
  • torid10
    torid10 Posts: 37 Member
    Chicken, black bean, plantain and cheese arepa!
    Cheese empanada!
    Plantain chips and Guacamole!
  • acpgee
    Chicken rendang with rice. Tomato lalab. Cucumber with goma dressing.
    mdqvtkk3nl36.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    acpgee wrote: »
    We went back to the vegan restaurant downstairs. I had one of those newfangled engineered hot dogs. Indistinguishable from a meat hot dog.
    866vvcyxk236.jpeg
    ^^ I agree it seems to be one of the most successful texture and flavour dupes. Even the Sainsbury’s own brand frozen range meat free hotdogs are indistinguishable from a standard hotdog!

I dont agree. Have that fake meat without any topping and sauces. Thats the only way you can compare to the real thing. You will quickly notice that nope, nothing like it.

Quite honestly, I think it’s all relative! I’m no expert on a ‘proper’ hotdog...to me a hotdog sausage is a tinned/chilled cabinet processed smoky’thing’ served in a long bun with ketchup, some form of mustard and fried onions if I’m feeling fancy!

Pretty sure that in England we don’t care about hotdogs like you guys in North America! I’ve read such hotly debated things about mustard/relish/pickles depending on whether it’s a NY dog or a Chicago dog (those are the two I recall being compared)

Anyway, to me, the fake hotdogs are at least as good as those probably dodgy things that are not made of ‘fake’ 😂
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    $3 frozen pizzas, decked out before going in the oven. I took a cheese pizza and added red onion, mushrooms, barbeque sauce, cashews, and red pepper flakes.
    7z3leoea4kgz.jpg
    ap3my1diue8d.jpg
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    "hippie asian salad": lettuce, carrots, mushrooms, red onions, edamame, bacon bits, cilantro, lime, ginger, Bragg's liquid aminos, brewer's yeast, crushed peanuts:
    xdr9320ubtkt.jpg
    leftover Instant Pot pad thai for lunch at work:
    3oc9oknz6ff7.jpg

• acpgee
    Chicken satay, commercial satay sauce, pomelo salad, rice.
    2xexc5nccsu3.jpeg
  • acpgee
    866vvcyxk236.jpeg

I dont agree. Have that fake meat without any topping and sauces. Thats the only way you can compare to the real thing. You will quickly notice that nope, nothing like it.

Hot dogs hardly have anything to do with real meat. Before tucking in both me and the hubby tried some of the engineered hotdog from the end without any condiments. We couldn't distinguish the engineered plant based hot dog from a normal hotdog, actually. I might have a compromised sense of taste texture, though.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    866vvcyxk236.jpeg

Quite honestly, I think it’s all relative! I’m no expert on a ‘proper’ hotdog...to me a hotdog sausage is a tinned/chilled cabinet processed smoky’thing’ served in a long bun with ketchup, some form of mustard and fried onions if I’m feeling fancy!

Pretty sure that in England we don’t care about hotdogs like you guys in North America! I’ve read such hotly debated things about mustard/relish/pickles depending on whether it’s a NY dog or a Chicago dog (those are the two I recall being compared)

Anyway, to me, the fake hotdogs are at least as good as those probably dodgy things that are not made of ‘fake’ 😂

@BarbaraHelen2013 - this New Yorker can’t stand hot dogs!! I leave them for everyone else. I actually don’t know a lot of hot dog eaters..unless it’s the 4th of July here...
    By the way - last time I was in London-/ I saw a lot of currywurst in buns! A close kin to hot dogs no?

😉
  • acpgee
    it was my turn to cook but hubby stepped in to make nasi goreng from leftover rice. I just added pimped leftover pomelo salad from yesterday and a cucumber salad dressed with goma that we keep in the fridge.
    am2lw1j3q7g5.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    866vvcyxk236.jpeg

@BarbaraHelen2013 - this New Yorker can’t stand hot dogs!! I leave them for everyone else. I actually don’t know a lot of hot dog eaters..unless it’s the 4th of July here...
    By the way - last time I was in London-/ I saw a lot of currywurst in buns! A close kin to hot dogs no?

😉

Not a clue! I try very hard to avoid going to London! 😂 Can’t say I’ve ever seen a currywurst but sounds like a German sausage with curry sauce 🤷‍♀️ Yuk!