Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member

My 5'4" support insect from Little Deer Isle, recently relocated to my front room, next to the woodstove.
    Miss Mantis don't drink either.
    LOL. now that is something! If only they were truely that large to take care of the enormous black flies and mosquitos up here. Hahahahaha

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    17rnot9hcb6r.jpg

My 5'4" support insect from Little Deer Isle, recently relocated to my front room, next to the woodstove.
    Miss Mantis don't drink either.

Funny!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 03 - 3 drinks, Tuesday.

Running Tally: 1 AF day out of 3 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Fabulous posts today! I especially like the 5'4" insect @forestdweller1 !!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @LoveyChar I really like that the young doctor seems so well versed. I believe that if he felt that a biopsy was needed that he would have done one.
    I doubt that you can put it out of your mind though.
    Good for you for abstaining from alcohol, looking at life with a clear brain and clear eyes.
    Big hugs <3
  • MissMay
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Awww @MissMay I don’t mind hugs I just miss when we had “awesome” as a reaction. I would far rather have awesome posts as huggable posts! 😜

Happy December everyone. November was insane for me on the work front. Many, many long days sometimes working on European and US times consecutively due to a project go live. The stress was high but I managed to pull off 12 AF days out of 30 and that included a birthday weekend and Thanksgiving.

So far I’m 2/3 days AF in December. This is going to be tough to pull out double digits, besides holiday festivities I have a weekend trip to Miami with my husband and then straight on to the UK for a work trip. Will keep trying for mindful moderation but we’ll see.

Good luck to all those working on less in this month of excess!

I knew that would pull you out of the woodwork. LOL. HUGS-HUGS-HUGS! 🤗
    Whoa you are one busy girl. Busy is good, keeps your mind from wandering to low places. Great to hear from you and to see things are going well down all avenues.
  • MissMay
    12/1 - AF
    12/2 - 2 drinks
    12/3 - AF

👍
  • MissMay
    Joining.

I am a teacher and my end of summer drinking habit turned into a fall drinking habit. I have anxiety around sleep so it was helping me sleep without sleep aids. I really want to cut down because I was becoming dependent on it to sleep and be happy in the evening.

I was really sick two weeks ago and had to take antibiotics. It sucked but was a forced cold turkey and wake up call.

I would like to limit myself to two drinks, one night per weekend.

I would like to allow myself two drinks per night from Dec. 24 to Dec. 27.

Welcome to our group @stephie_nyc. Your goals sound strong to have LESS alcohol in your life. If you have not seen page one..check it out. We have a helpful and informative introduction with tons of pointers at the beginning of the thread.
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Hi everyone! Due to medicinal reasons, I have to cut back on my adult beverages. Little back story, I was diagnosed with RA 14 years ago, got that under control with oral medications and infusions. All was well, cut to January 2019 and found that now, after 14 years, I have vasculitis along with RA. Also found that when I do have any alcohol, it gets much worse very fast.

On a positive note, the vasculitis forced my off of my infusions and now I am only taking one med for the RA/vasculitis, but still have to limit alcohol intake. I had 2 drinks on Thanksgiving and 2 Black Friday, and probably won't have anything until Christmas.

Good luck to everyone and have a great holiday season.