Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hello Ladies ~ Sorry I have missed you all for so many days. I had a nice loooong weekend at home celebrating Thanksgiving with DH’s family and then a very relaxing several days after. I did find out that our boss let everyone go home at NOON on Friday. I was a little bummed because I wouldn't have blown an entire vacation day had I known ... oh well, live and learn. Next year I won't do that again. We have always been able to leave early but more like 3:00.

I did get in all my workouts, which was great:

Thanksgiving: (LIVE) Turkey Burn Peloton Ride – 45 min
    Friday: S&S: Total Body Giant Sets + Abs
    Saturday: Peloton Ride (45 min)
    Sunday: RWH LIHI Legs + Peloton Hiit & Hills Ride
    Monday: BootCamp
    Today: RWH Chest/Shoulders/Tris + Abs.

Now mentally preparing for our trip. DH threw his back out on Sunday (moving a table) and so our Christmas decorations or luggage have not come down out of the rafters of garage. :( The Christmas stuff I can live without but the luggage …. Well we have a party to go to Thursday night, our company party is Friday night and we leave for the airport at like 3:00 a.m. SOOOO my clothes are piled up in the closet waiting for a home. LOL I have offered several times to go up there but he keeps saying “lets wait, I should be ok tomorrow”. YIKES. Even more concerning is how it will be by Saturday for the long flight. I think since it hasn’t gotten worse it should be ok … fingers crossed. He is going to his doctor friend tomorrow a.m. for a check up and get some muscle relaxers again.

Laurie: WOWSA on 27 peeps! I would have been very nervous. DH did all the cooking for our company of 8 and I did the clean-up. It was fast & furious, they all left by 3:00 and we were left staring at one another like “what just happened”. LOL Sorry to hear about the new roof expense you guys may be facing next year. Always something with home ownership isn’t it?

Laurel: Glad you and your DH enjoyed a nice quiet weekend as well. I would love to say I accomplished some things like shopping and decorating but …… no. We did get my father-in-law his gift on a Black Friday Sale which already arrived so that is off the list. YAY. Excellent job with your workouts!!! I think I am going to love this next phase of the workouts. I thoroughly enjoy the RWH workouts!! I have no idea what kind of workout/gym or no gym our place will have. What day do you guys leave?

Thelma: Sounds like you had a nice quiet holiday as well, very nice and fun that you could meet friends on Friday and Saturday as well. Way to go on the workouts! I am glad you’re going to give the workouts a try and see how your body does!

Have a great evening ladies, talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were Barre and RWH Chest, Back & Shoulders. I wanted to do cardio but I just didn't have time. I picked up a pile of leaves that accumulated in the carport by the front door. This took me about 8 trips across the driveway to a ditch so I got a little cardio there. We have a big driveway. It's like a parking lot.
    It was a crazy, busy day for me: food shopping, Barre, cleaned the kitchen appliances (large and small), cleaned the guest bathroom, laundry, the leaves, fed the turkeys and deer, RWH. I'm exhausted and my lower back is hurting!

DH started a new job in PA on Monday. This week has been hard for me so I've kept myself really busy. I cried like crazy on Saturday and Sunday which I didn't want to do but I just couldn't help it. He will be coming home on Thursdays and will fly out on Sundays. Thank God for our friends here. Everyone is offering to help if I ever need anything. I can call them day or night they said which is a huge relief.

We had a very nice, sunny day here and the wind finally died down!

Laurie, your workout sounds really good! Great job! You really lucked out with your neighbors! Here in BR people get recommendations for anything on Facebook. You have to have FB here because that is how the locals communicate.

Laurel, great combo! I am loving the RWH workouts and have lower body DOMS. My lower body got a double workout yesterday between Barre and RWH and today during Barre it was all about legs! OUCH!

Thank God the winds finally died down! It was very sunny today here. I really don't mind the cold temps at all.
    Thanks for explaining what you meant by phase two! It does make sense! I'll definitely do what I can. So far so good! :)

Tami, I'm so glad you had a nice long weekend and Thanksgiving! Too bad you didn't know your boss would let people go home at noon on Friday! I learned that lesson a long time ago!

Great job getting all your workouts in!! Where are you and your DH going to this time? I'm sorry he threw his back out! Sounds like you have a busy week planned! I hope he gets some good meds because the long flight could be very uncomfortable for him.

We did have a nice holiday weekend. It really was nice to be able to meet our friends. I am glad I'm giving the rotation workouts a try too.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was S&S Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body x2 premix. Yowza! My thighs are still screaming at me. :o I followed it with Cathe Live Metabolic Mish Mosh which felt tough on these tired legs.

Tami, I am glad you enjoyed your weekend. But I understand what you are saying when everybody was gone by 3:00pm on Thanksgiving!! I remember one Christmas we hosted and DH and I went to such planning and measures because it was our first time as a married couple hosting my family for Christmas. I think everybody was there for about 90 minutes. :o Like you, DH and I just looked at each other like ‘really?’ It just goes that way sometimes I suppose. I hope your DH’s back is better by Saturday! That is a long flight with a sore back, for sure. Having some busy days leading up to it probably doesn’t help either. We leave here tomorrow night. We will drive for a few hours and get into Georgia before stopping. Then, hopefully, we will be at my in-laws by mid-afternoon on Friday to help with any last minute stuff on their house, pack the cars, etc. And then drive out before dawn on Saturday morning. So we won’t be seeing much of Florida this trip for sure! But at least I will get a taste of the soft, warm air. B) Great workouts! I did one of those Turkey Burn rides from Peloton on Friday. So much fun! I am glad you are enjoying RWH. Once again I find myself wondering why I don’t do these workouts more often! So good.

Thelma, great workouts! I am so glad you are enjoying them right now. I hear you on the leg pain....and I didn’t do barre! :o Definitely sounds like you are keeping yourself busy. I can only imagine how tough it will be for both you and your DH to spend those weekdays apart! But it is so good you have developed a support system around you. I know that won’t make up for your DH not being there, but, hopefully, it will make you feel less alone.

Enjoy the day.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited December 2019
    Hi Ladies ~ RWH Back/Bis was this a.m. workout. Not sure if I will get in a Peloton ride tonight ….. getting the suitcases down tonight so I will probably pack.

Thelma: Way to go with your workout today! I am glad you are giving them a try to see how your body does. I am sure you have missed some strength workouts. I would say the leaf pickup counts as a workout forsure … cardio! Plus all the cleaning and busy bee stuff around the house. Like Laurel said it is so great you have a nice network of friends if your DH will be gone weekly and keeping busy is really good as well. We are going to Lauderdale, Florida. Some friends of DH’s who are also Realtors that work with our Title Company have invited us every year. They go the 2nd week of December every year with their wives and asked us to come. DH decided to just go for it so he booked it about a month ago. I don't know all of them but a few I used to work with at my old job so it will be very nice I am sure and they are all great people. So we are staying in a place across the street from them and our friends from the last 2 trips are staying with us. So I think 6 couples total will be there. Saturday the 7th to Saturdy the 14th. My MIL is staying with her Grand Dog of course, so I am thankful we don’t have to worry about him. Fingers crossed DH will be a lot better by Saturday. He said today has been way better. PHEW. I am still getting the suitcases down myself though and he will hold the ladder for me.

Laurel: Awesome Combo today! I bet the LIVE Metabolic Mish Mosh was a fun one but tough after the doubled leg workout forsure. Yes, I am hoping DH’s back is doing better by then too. As I mentioned to Thelma, today is a lot better than even 2 days ago. Sleeping has been challenging so hopefully he did get some meds today. Your trip sounds like it will be busy. I hope you do get some nice weather despite not being able to enjoy it very much. We are leaving for the airport at 3 AM Saturday! YIKES, it hurts thinking about it. Although my adrenaline will kick in and I will be good once we are on the road. :D

Hi Laurie :)

Have a great evening ladies ~ Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were Beginner/Gentle Yoga which my body needed badly and Sculpting Fusion. No cardio because I felt really tired the entire day and I needed to save my energy for more house cleaning.
    The temperature in BR this morning was 23 degrees! Yikes! Thankfully, the temps went up into the low 50's

Laurel, What a killer workout! Good job!
    My legs are still sore. Going up the stairs kills me. My hips are sore too but it could be the fact that I've been on my feet a lot this week. Our Sculpting class focused on legs today! OUCH!
    It is harder for me not to have DH here because I don't work. He is very busy learning about the project. I am really thankful for the support system I have.

I hope you have a safe trip and that all goes well getting your in-laws to their new home.

Tami, great workout! I'll be doing that one tomorrow.
    I'm happy to be doing the rotation with you. I think the leaf pickup counted as cardio as well the countless times I went up and down the stairs! I think I'm turning OCD about cleaning the house! Scary! LOL. It's so much easier when I do a little bit each day than all at once.
    I am really happy to have met such wonderful friends here. Everyone is good about offering to help if I ever need any help.
    How exciting about your trip to FL! I bet the warm weather will feel wonderful! It sounds like you will have a lot of fun with all those other couples.
    I hope your DH's back continues to improve. Good idea to get the suitcases yourself!

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, but I had an early appointment to get my new tooth. That was very interesting, since she used a tiny ratchet wrench. :D She basically cemented the tooth cap on top of a screw, and since the cap had a small hole in it she used the wrench to tighten the screw. The hole was then packed with cement and I was done. I also had my annual eye exam, and am now able to have contacts and not have to wear cheaters. <3 I will be off tomorrow, since I have to get the rest of my vacation time taken before the end of the year.

So with all that I didn't have a workout yesterday, but this morning I did GHUTV Gold Barre Boxing 1.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts! Love that you are getting in some of the added bonuses and premixes. LOL about the name of your Peloton ride. Glad to hear that your trip will be okay weather wise. We are having some really nice temps right now. I know that Lake Michigan took out some roads with the waves during that snow storm, just normal everyday stuff for that area.

Tami, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH and his back, I hope that he heals quickly. Great job on your workouts, and you also did the Turkey Burn ride. :D Hope that you where able to get you clothes packed for your trip, so that stress is out of the way. When we went to England there was a guy on the plane that must have been having back issues, he was standing up a lot with a pained look on his face. Felt sorry for him. I can understand the entertaining going by so fast. I do love having people over, but when they leave it feels so wonderful.

Thelma, Good job with your workouts, and taking it down to make sure that you have the energy for the rest of the day, even though it is cleaning. ;) Glad to hear that your temps are improving, it sure helps when the weather is nice to improve our moods. How wonderful that you have such new supportive friends to help you out when your DH is gone for his job. That is hard to find. So sorry that you where feeling so down, but I'm sure it will improve over time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Once again I did Cathe’s live class this morning which was a spin class called Wheels of Steel. Her spin is different from Peloton in so many ways. This was a great class, but I missed my Peloton music. :) That being said, Cathe’s spin is a little harder on the legs and my poor, already very tired little legs were shaking so much when I got off that bike! :o I will probably fall out of the car tomorrow at every stop instead of step out of it. :D Oh well. It will provide DH a source of entertainment. Anyhow, I followed it with Cathe’s Push Pull x2 Upper Body premix. I will never love this workout, but it provided a nice workout for my also tired upper body today and the slow pace of the reps were a nice contrast to the LIHI pace earlier in the week.

Tami, I hope your trip goes well! I really don’t like those 3am drives to the airport. I usually just don’t sleep the night before because I keep looking at the clock. :| But it sounds like it could be a really fun time with friends and former co-workers, sun, sand, ocean, and Florida craziness. B) I am glad to hear your DH is doing better. Great workout!

Thelma, sounds like a great workout to give your body some restoration. Honestly, I am actually looking forward to a few days off from working out because this week has really given me some sore muscles. I understand it being tough to spend so much time alone when you don’t work. My DH will be gone the bulk of this coming summer, and I am already trying to plan some projects to make it go a little faster. Hopefully you can get into a pattern that you enjoy during those days he is gone. Again, I am just so glad you have people around you if you need help or company.

Laurie, okay, I admit to cringing reading your description of your new tooth procedure. :# But I bet you are glad it is all done!! So did you get progressive contacts? I have a set that also corrects my stigmatism and I really like them. Great workout this morning!!

I will see you all next week!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I am all packed and ready to go minus just the things I need to get ready in the a.m. DH is out running some errands today in between appts to get gift cards for restaurants for his mom and treats for Bernie so they are both set as well. I would have liked to have cleaned the house a little bit more but oh well …. She understands I am sure. :( DH’s back has continued to improve the last couple of evenings so I am relieved for that, he also has some muscle relaxers “just in case”. We have our company Holiday party right after work but not staying for the entire party.

Great job on the workouts ladies! I didn’t get in my last chance workout this a.m. just too tired so I opted for sleep instead. Hoping the trip is a huge success and we all have a great time!

Talk to you ladies when I return. :)

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope all of you had a nice weekend. We had a nice weekend here and the weather was really nice.
    I did better today after DH left. The strategy of keeping busy does help. I started doing laundry, cleaning and then my workouts.

I am really happy about the rotation workouts I did last week. I didn't do all the workouts but what I did was more than I've done in a long time.

My workouts: Thursday - RWH Back, Biceps, Shoulders, Friday - Restorative Yoga. No workout Saturday. Sunday - RWH Chest, Triceps, Shoulders and JS Power Interval Walk. I changed the order of the workouts for this week so that I can do yoga and cardio on Wednesday.

Laurie, great job with the Barre Boxing workout! It sounds like a great workout. Congrats on getting your new tooth before the end of the year.

The weather has been really nice here. We've had sunny days and temps in the 50's. We are really fortunate to have found such supportive friends. I am doing better mood-wise thankfully.

Laurel, great workouts on Thursday! I hope you had a safe and restful trip. Can you please tell me which series the push/pull workout is in?

It is not easy being alone but last week I sure managed to keep myself very busy. My plan is to exercise as much as my body allows me and to clean the house a little bit each day.
    On Thursday I'm going to a birthday party for the Barre instructor at the church and I have to make some pumpkin bars. I think between the yoga studio classes and Cathe workouts I will keep myself very busy. I am really happy about the great friends we have that I can count on in case I need help.

Tami, I hope you're having a wonderful vacation!!

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I had a nice day off on Friday, really didn't do anything. Made one batch of cookies, and of course they where DH's favorites gingerbread. :D On Friday I did Kelly's Build & Burn Cardio Core. Saturday we decorated the church, so I was doing a lot of walking around and up and down on ladders. Managed to get in over 10K steps, so I used that as an active rest day. ;) Sunday I really did take the day off and did some knitting and crocheting. This morning was Jillian's One Week Shred Strength workout.

Laurel, I had to laugh about you falling out of the car, I do know how that feels. Great job on your workouts. Hope your trip went well also. I have a very very horrible astigmatism in my left eye. The doctor said that mine is very rare, because the football shape goes the opposite way of everyone else with it. He even gave me permission to squint when driving at night in the rain. I guess you are not suppose to squint while driving. :D I'm just glad that there are two manufacturers that actually make progressive contacts for my astigmatism. We will see how they work, but I'm excited.

Tami, Have a awesome time on your trip!

Thelma, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your workout rotation. Great job with all your workouts. I think that DH and I have gotten everything taken care of before the end of the year. We need to make sure that we have spent all of the FSA funds that we put in for this year. Not that we both didn't need new glasses. Our youngest will be going in this week for her exam also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were: RWH Legs, Barre Level 1&2, and Jessica Smith Low Impact Hiit. My legs are feeling the workouts! The Barre class was a killer leg workout and I did it after my RWH Legs workout!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice, long weekend! Great job with the Shred Strength workout!

I'm still enjoying the rotation and I was able to go a little heavier this week than last week.
    Great job getting your medical needs taken care of before the end of the year!

Goodnight!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies

This morning my workouts where Jillian's Kickbox FastFix Workout 2 & Kelly's Build & Burn Kettlebell Kickbox Fusion. Dang cold this morning. :p

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Glad to hear that you are upping the weights when necessary. Hope that your lower body is okay today, looks like you really gave them a good workout. We waited all year to get this stuff handled. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We are back from our whirlwind trip! We had no weather issues, no bad traffic issues and my in laws were really great about being flexible in the travels. My MIL rode with me, and we had some really good conversations. DH said the same thing about he and his dad. So all things considered, it went well. It was strange on Saturday night as I was looking at our trip for Sunday and realized we had already traveled 1500 miles, were 89 miles from home (we were in Nashville) and still had 1500 miles to go to get home! But I am so glad we did it and my in laws were very appreciative.

I didn’t workout while we were gone but today, despite feeling pretty exhausted, I got back to it. I did RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by a cardio combo of Fit/Split Mixed Impact Cardio and the Calorie Crush from LITE Rev’d Up Rumble. I also added on some core work from Cathe’s High Step Challenge. They are predicting the chance of snow here so I made the workout a little short so I could head to the store before panic sets in. :D So far it is still just raining, but the temperature is dropping pretty quickly. When we drove in last night, it was 71 degrees. When I was driving home from the store, it was 39. So snow is getting possible. :)

Thelma, great workouts! I am glad you are enjoying these workouts so far and were able to increase the weights too! I am rearranging the order of the workouts this week as well to account for the couple of missed days. I am glad you are feeling a bit better this week after your DH left. I think you have a fantastic approach and mindset to this routine you both will be in for this next bit. Take care of yourself, take care of your beautiful home and enjoy the weekends!

Laurie, great workouts! I will be interested in how you like the new contacts. I have a pretty bad astigmatism as well. The only issue I have had with my progressive contacts is I do need to make sure they stay moist. I have somewhat dry eyes, so I use the Refresh drops for contacts when I put them in, which seems to help. And on long days, I make sure I have drops with me. But I love being able to wear my contacts and do things like read menus and price tags and ingredients in food on the store shelves and all that stuff, so carrying drops is no problem for me. Glad you had a nice long weekend. I am still not sure I will be baking this year, but the cold wet weather is increasing the chances I will. :p Some warm cookies fresh out of the oven sound pretty good right now. :D

Tami, hope your trip is going well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were: RWH Back, Biceps, Shoulders and
    Jessica Smith Standing Abs. I was able to up some weights and THAT was a really good feeling. I have arms and inner thigh DOMS so I'm doing a lot of stretching.

We've had rainy weather since last night. The temps started to drop in the afternoon and we may get a little snow by morning. Tomorrow will be a cold day.

I was feeling really fatigued today and I tried really hard to talk myself out of working out. Finally, by 4PM I talked myself into working out and I'm happy I did!

Laurie, great workouts! We'll be having cold temps by morning here!

Laurel, I am so glad everything went well during your trip and that your in-laws are now safe in their new home.

Great job getting back to your workout routine!! Sounds like you're having the same type of weather we're having here!

This is another one of your great rotations, Laurel. Can you please tell me which series the push/pull workout is in?

I'm so glad to be doing better about DH. Staying busy and working out is a strategy that is working for me so far so I'll stick with it for now. Thanks so much for words of support!

Goodnight!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Jillian's One Week Shred Strength. Another really chilly day. :p

Laurel, Glad to hear that the moving was uneventful, and that you both enjoyed some time with your DH's parents. I'm sure that they really appreciated the help, and both of you driving instead of them. Great job on the workouts. LOL about the shopping before the panic, I'm sure that happens a lot in those warmer areas. Everything shuts down when it snows. This is the first time that contacts with progressives where possible for my range, so that makes me excited. I have always needed to use cheaters for reading. Thanks for the info on the drops, that has been my experience with contact lenses. So now I will be super prepared for the periodic drops in the eyes. ;)

Thelma, Awesome job on the workout, and increasing the weights. Must be a good feeling to get those weights moving around again. Nice that you where able to get that "I don't want to workout" feeling out and enjoyed working out.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Enjoyed a really good workout today. I started with LIHI Legs, and I did the premix that puts core segments throughout. I really enjoyed that today. I followed it with a fun 45 minute Peloton ride and 20 minutes of calming yoga. And we survived the first snow storm of the season! We actually ended up with about an inch or so, though some parts of the city got more than that. Thankfully it never really stuck to the roads so it just made things look like Christmas for a few hours. But it is mostly melted now. Thankfully DH had no issues with his commute last night or this morning. Most people were off the roads, so that is good. :)

Thelma, before I forget again to answer your question, the Push/Pull workout is from Cathe’s Body Blast series. It is on a DVD with her Supersets workout. Sorry about not answering that yesterday. Great job with the workouts! I am glad you are enjoying the workouts and seeing improvements in strength as well. Like you, I was out of sorts all day yesterday, but I think some of that might have been the change in weather. I wonder if you were experiencing the same thing? I just know I feel like a different person today, which is good.

Laurie, great workout. I smiled at you calling your weather ‘chilly’. :) Reminds me of this very perky news anchor in Fairbanks when we were there the first time. She would have a smile on her face and tell people to take care in the chilly weather.....when it was -40. I was always thinking ‘chilly’ turns to ‘cold’ about 70 degrees warmer than that! :D Anyhow, like you, this was the first time I could get progressives in my subscription as well, and I really am impressed by how well they made them. Hope you feel the same.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were: Beginner Gentle and Sculpted-Movement Fusion. I didn't sleep well last night so I was dragging today. I wanted to get a little cardio in today but I chose to clean up the house and do laundry instead.

It was very cold here this morning and I heard there was black ice in some areas. We had a little bit of snow and thankfully no black ice near me. It remained chilly the entire day.

DH will be back home tomorrow earlier in the day than originally planned which is great. I'll make him something he likes for dinner.

Laurie, great workout!
    Moving those weights around again is a really good feeling!

Laurel, great workout combo! I love those premixes that put core segments throughout!

I can't believe you got that much snow! What we got doesn't even qualify as a dusting. The snow stuck to metal roofs and cars but there was hardly anything on the ground. I'm glad your DH didn't have any problems during his commute.

Thanks for letting me know about the Body Blast series. I actually don't have that series but I found this mish mosh Strong & Sweaty premix:
    Scrambled (Push Pull): Warm Up + Chest + Back + Triceps + Biceps + Shoulders + Stretch.

I don't know if we were experiencing the same thing yesterday but I felt very tired. I think my body is simply getting used to the extra workouts.

Goodnight ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was Jillian's Kickbox FastFix & Kelly's Body Design Kickboxing with Light Dumbbells. I'm off tomorrow. Will be getting some shopping done.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! I'm sure your legs felt the love. Nice that you had the snow that came and went. At least it wasn't the ice. LOL about the new reporter, it probably is the only way for her to sound positive with that temperature. We have not gotten below zero yet, and I'm really dreading that happening. The teens are hard enough to deal with right now. :D Now I'm super excited to get the new contacts. The cheaters where such a pain, so not having to lug around an extra set of glasses will be so nice.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you where so tired, so good that you took the day off exercise to let your body recoup. Glad to hear that you didn't have the ice around you, that stuff is so scary to drive on. I'm sure that you will have a lovely meal ready for your DH when he comes home.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was RWH LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps followed by Cross Fire for cardio. Both felt really good today.

Thelma, I am glad you are listening to your body. I have been very tired this week as well, and I think some of it is weather and some of it is workouts. Last night DH and I were watching TV and about 8:30pm, I felt a wave of complete exhaustion crash down on me. It was like my body said ‘I am done today’. So I went to bed extra early and crashed. Just one of those things I suppose, but I have a tendency to feel that at times when I am lifting weights in the style we are lifting right now. Anyhow, I can’t believe we got snow and you didn’t! But, thankfully, like you...no serious ice issues. Hope you and your DH enjoy your dinner this evening.

Laurie, great workouts! I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow. I either love or hate shopping this time of year, so I hope it is a day you enjoy. My mood seems to really depend on how patient other shoppers are. I have found here in Alabama that, despite being busy, shoppers here are generally very patient and polite. Even when we were out on Black Friday and stores were packed, I found it not so bad. I like that. :) I will be anxious to hear how you like the new contacts!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Today's workouts were: S&S Total Giant Sets #1 Lower Body Only, treadmill, Stretching, Barre, Walking with Leslie Sansone. My legs got a really good leg workout today between the giant sets and Barre workouts! I didn't have the energy to do a metabolic cardio workout and after dinner, I did a Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk workout.

DH was home by 4:15pm which was awesome. Dinner was ready and the house smelled so good! I made him turkey pumpkin chili which he loves.

Our health plan refuses to pay for the med that is helping me with rheumatoid arthritis. There are other meds out there so I hope whatever I have to take works as well as this expensive drug I'm on. I'm concerned because I'm feeling good enough to do this rotation and the yoga studio classes thanks to this med. I hope whatever I am switched to works quickly and well.

Laurie, great workout combo! I hope you have a nice long weekend!
    Black ice is really scary to drive on and even scarier when people are not used to it.

Laurel, great workouts! I know that feeling of feeling so exhausted. It happens to me all the time. I start watching tv and a few minutes later I'm passed out!

I didn't sleep well last night again but at least I didn't feel tired today.
    I am sure this cold weather and the workouts are the reason why we're feeling tired. I imagine my body is tired too because I've gone from only doing yoga and barre workouts to a killer Cathe rotation. I am so happy that my body is allowing me to do these workouts.

Goodnight ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma