NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, yes, I am an extrovert and I really do love throwing a fun party. Plus, it’s a great way to get my house thoroughly cleaned. 😉 Love the snowy pic! I sure hope we get to see some snow at least once this season. We didn’t get anything at all last year. I hope you have a VERY happy birthday!! If you feel like you will regret not getting your fancy coffee, then go get it!! It’s your birthday!! <3

@renagry, I hope the doctor will be able to offer you some relief! You might be a little slow but at least you are getting in your workouts and doing ok with your food. You just gotta take care of yourself the best you can right now. <3

@trooworld, no theme can still look amazing!! I think having ornaments that you love is what is important anyway. Do you and hubby have any special plans for Christmas? :)

Good morning! Today is my day off and I plan to work out and then clean my house as I get ready for the party on Friday. I have to sweep and mop all the hardwoods and then keep hubby and the dog from dirtying them up again! They are both constantly dragging stuff in from outside. I would love a Roomba! Have a great day! :)
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I hope you have a great day off and get lots done!

@trooworld Sounds like you've been really productive! What a great way to kick off December

@theslightedgeforever You're absolutely right, I crave the silence. I'm an only child and my family tends to sit quietly and read or visit around the fire and it's always super relaxing. I always have to adjust my mindset when I visit my MIL

@renaegry Sounds like you did a great job getting some movement in among the holiday chaos!

@Its_cleo Happy Birthday!!!! I feel you on those office treats, its a slippery slope! Today so far it's just pumpkin pie at my office, by we are all going out to lunch together so that will be a challenge. I hope you have a great time celebrating!

@joannadavison Sounds like a busy time of year for you! As a teacher do you have a long holiday break to look forward to?

Hi Everyone! Officially back at work today (womp womp). Yesterday was an amazing day of self care. I got a haircut, went to my counseling appointment (yay mental health!), read 100 pages of my book, did back to back brazilian jiu jitsu classes, batch cooked for the week, and did all my laundry. It felt SO GOOD to be back home, in my own bed, in the quiet of my own house. I also feel a lot better eating my own food. I made a huge batch of veggie soup I can't wait to dive into! Hope your Tuesdays go well!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    @theslightedgeforever my eating has been good the last few days Now that my batch of homemade bits and bites are gone (oh all that sodium) eating is better. I am addicted to the sunflower kale eat smart salads. Lol.

@TeresaW1020 thanks. I have my CT scan on Thursday then see the doctor the following Wed. Hopefully will find out what it is. And what we can do about it. Have fun cleaning. And good luck with keeping those floors clean. Totally know the feeling. I have 3 cats. Lol.

@mswatson0777 thanks. It’s easy to get steps in at Vegas. Sounds like you had such an awesome day. What book are you reading?

I worked today then brought my daughter to gymnastics. It’s -3C here so I got in a 3.5 km walk in outside. Also did 3 sets of 8 bench presses doing 55Lbs and 3 sets of 8 squats doing 65lbs. Tomorrow hubby and I are off to get tattoos so won’t be getting in any workouts.

• JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    @its_cleo that looks lovely. Rain is pretty typical in UK! It's been particularly bad recently but then we've had this really cold snap. Where in Scotland is your Dad from? I'm trying not to eat at work but had an odd biscuit. Odd takeaway OK. Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

@renaergy sorry to here jaw playing up again. I hope you can get some answers soon.

@theslightedgeforever I'm not sure if too cold for snow an expression or if it's just UK because of us being an island so if it gets very cold we get ice not snow?? It appears to be true here.

@TeresaW1020 I'm liking your tree colour scheme! Bit like mine. We got all new when we moved here 20ish years ago all coordinated then added over the years. Nothing much matches but very homely!
    I might end up missing gym tomorrow. I came home to find the doors & handles fitted (&half the floor done) but they are not the handles I ordered!!!! DH was at work- so 3 way msgs between us & the Project Manager- turns out the supplier (who planned the kitchen too) didn't put handles on the order. Rather annoyed because I definately ordered the ones I wanted - I remember him asking me what colour finish!!! So it'll get sorted tomorrow but company will have to pick up costs of new doors! Another day set back. Not great when we've got baking for church fair to do. At least sorted soon.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited December 2019
    @teresaw1020 So do you have a plan in place for Friday to make sure you don't overeat? I have a dinner Thursday and a party on Friday. I'm trying to make my own plans. Both nights I'm taking a charcuterie board (thanks to you) and then making some fudge like candy with pistachios and dried cranberries. Very festive looking. Start your Roomba jar in January. Then put in a couple dollars a week or whatever and someday becomes a whole lot closer. Plus the prices are dropping I noticed when I was looking at Black Friday sales. Even $2/week could get you one by black Friday 2021.

@mswatson0777 How did you fare at lunch with your co-workers? Sounds like you had a wonderful time taking care of yourself. What book are you reading?

@renaegry Kudos to you for walking outside in frigid temps. Plus you rocked it on the weights. I see you are a book lover too. We both were curious about mswatson's book. I'm currently reading The Dressmaker's Gift. (historical fiction) What kind of tattoos did you get?

@joannadavison So did you follow your eating plan today? I hope to one day make it over to the UK. While I'm there I'm going to hit Scotland and Ireland too. Fingers crossed. But it won't be when it's too cold. Although I hate rain too. lol I recently read a book about Ireland (What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon) and it intrigued me. Bummer on the handles.

Low Yellow Day- Stayed OP 144/150 carbs Exercise rest day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Celebrate your loss. You could have maintained where you were or even gained but you lost the weight. I'm in the same situation. I had put on about 1.7 lbs from what I thought was period bloat but 0.8 is still hanging on, so I'm working on getting back to where I was. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I got my water in today so that's one goal done for the day.

December goals: Step class and strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hi gals. It's raining again here, so unusual.

@TeresaW1020 I do love the ornaments (most of them anyway lol). We do not have any special plans, we will probably do the same thing we did for Thanksgiving, which is go over to my brother-in-law's apartment with food but also bring gifts. :) How about you? Good luck getting the house ready, you seem like you are always having a party/planning a party lol! You must be fun to be around. :D

@mswatson0777 Yes, trying to be! Your day of self care does sound amazing, way to take good care of yourself! It's so important. I am having barley beef soup tonight I made in my crockpot this past weekend. I can't wait.

@renaegry WTG with all the activity! What tattoos are you getting?

@theslightedgeforever True true. I still need to drink more water. I did pretty well yesterday.

EMPOWERED.
    December goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, go for a walk 2 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777, wow you had a full day yesterday, but it all sounded so great!! Good for you for taking care of yourself! :)

@renaegry, OK tell us about the tattoos you and hubby are getting! I’ve talked about getting one over the years but don’t think I have enough courage to actually do it. I hope you post a pic! :)

@joannadavison, ugghhh that is so frustrating about the handles not being right. I remember coming home to see that the color I had picked for the bathroom was completely wrong. Yes, they paid to fix it but it was another day of work. Hang in there! <3

@theslightedgeforever, leave it to you to ask about my plan for Friday and how I plan to not overeat! :D:p My plan is to be very good this whole week with my food and workouts. The charcuterie board will be filled with lots of things I can eat and I’m going to focus mostly on that. I also had the other ladies bring the sweets so when the party is over they are to take their goodies home and not leave them with me! And since I’m hosting and running all the games that should keep me too busy to stand and nibble. *fingers crossed* Good idea about the Roomba fund. I’m pretty sure that my dog would lose her mind if I actually got one, but I might be willing to try anyway. ;)

@trooworld, I do seem to be always doing something party-wise don’t I? The fact is that being the ministry assistant and in charge of our fellowship events has me constantly doing something. And then, of course, I decided to throw my own Christmas party, which I am looking forward to but I’m also ready for January and for life to settle down and for my house to be back to normal. :)

Good morning! I got in over 13,000 steps yesterday cleaning my house and doing my floors. I told hubby that he and the dog are to do their best or I will throw a fit. :D I'm off in just a minute to get my hair done and then to Trader Joes and Walmart for groceries and party food. Yesterday, I started a BOD workout program called 21-Day Fix Real-Time and it runs for 21 days straight. It was my first workout when I signed up for Beachbody but I didn't do 21 days in a row. This time I am going to do my best to complete the full 21 days. So, I got up at 7 am this morning and banged out my workout. I can already feel my muscles screaming and by this evening I probably won't be able to move. :# Have a great day!! :)

• mswatson0777
    @renaegry I'm reading the newest Jojo Moyes novel "The Giver of Stars" (I LOVE her!). So exciting on the new tattoo! What are you getting?

@trooworld Barley beef soup sounds SO GOOD!

@joannadavison Sorry to hear about the mess with the door handles, how frustrating!

@theslightedgeforever I'm reading the newest Jojo Moyes novel "The Giver of Stars" (I LOVE her!). Lunch with the coworkers went well. I went to the healthy options station and did salad and soup and avoided the dessert! It sounds like you're doing a great job hitting your December goals!

Happy Wednesday! I'm feeling super overwhelmed by life right now. I've got finals due in both of my classes so I've got a big to do list of papers to finish, presentations to post, and edits to make over the next week and a half. Returning to school as an adult is ROUGH! I feel like it's impossible to work 40 hours, complete 2 classes, meal prep, exercise, take care of the dogs, keep the house somewhat put together, and somehow fit in self care. I've also got two big presentations at work today which isn't helping the stress level. I'm really, really looking forward to winter break so I can take a breath and relax!

• JoDavo66
    @TeresaW1020 unfortunately the supplier not taking responsibility & offered new doors at cost price instead of trade! I'm not happy. Now more is present they don't look as bad. Our project manager/tradesman going to help us complain to Head Office.
    I notice you commented about mopping & cleaning. We have dust everywhere- dreading the big clean!

@mswatson0777 I get 2 weeks at Christmas. Had particularly challenging term since September- more to do with busy family life although also been busy at work. I really need that break!

@theslightedgeforever yup I stayed on plan. Pleased you asked as reminded me I need to track a little snack!

I know I've missed ppl- sorry. Hope you guys are doing OK.

Gutted I missed gym today but needed to be home to see workmen. Good thing too as MiL broke down in car on way to hospital to visit FiL- DH & his sisters at work so I drove out to stay with her & when sorted make sure she got home.
    After handles, FiL, MiL, eldest so tired fell asleep before she did studying for tomorrow's exams while I was out on taxi duty for youngest- I got home to find DH's Christmas present from Amazon in full view & no box!! No surprises there then!
  • renaegry
    Quick pop in. Leg is sore. npormyjfm7jx.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2019
    @trooworld How did your barley beef soup turn out? That sounds really good for a cold winter night. Good for you for doing well yesterday.

@teresaw1020 I'm one of your support coaches. That's what we're here for. lol Besides, in my 100 day book one of the examples was a guy going to a party and he had no plan. So he overate. So here was the response card I had to write for my assignment. I need a plan before I go. Not having a plan never works. My body doesn't know or care what everyone around me is eating. No matter what, If I overeat I will gain. So I have my own plan to make for tomorrow night. It's a green day so at least I can have a few more carbs. I'm taking a charcuterie board so I will choose some cheese and pepperoni, baby carrots, 10 almonds, then I'll look for some meat that someone brought. It's potluck so.....I'll choose 1-2 spoonfuls of 2 things that look extraordinary and I won't get for a long time. Hopefully someone will be bringing that. lol Then I'm planning on one of my cookies I'm bringing and one dessert equivalent. That might mean 1/4 of 4 desserts or 1/3 of 3 three desserts, etc. Depends on what's there. Someone is bringing pecan pie which I hate so its not going to be that. I'm going to have an omelet and bacon for breakfast to save carbs. Plus yogurt and cheese for lunch. That's my plan. Oh and no liquid drinks with the exception of tea. As I type this I'm thinking but they'll probably have that yummy holiday punch there. lol I'll have to enter in all my food first and see can I afford a glass of punch. Probably not. That will have so many carbs I could give up my dessert in exchange. Noooooooo. I have to do this all again on Friday. Maybe I'll go for the punch then. See why it's good to have a plan. Otherwise I would go around putting everything on my plate and having 2-3 cups of punch. Sounds like you have a plan. I'm pretty good when I host an event as I'm busy and don't eat much. The problem becomes when everyone goes home and I'm like WHEW! Then the thoughts of I'm pooped, I deserve to eat something. That's my most dangerous time. Yaaay on getting up at 7 and doing your workout.

@mswatson0777 Our bookclub was talking about your book. We might put it on the list for next year. I had said I was born in KY and I like books so right up my alley. lol You had a great lunch with co-workers. Dec. goals- I still struggle with water but I'm working on that. You impress me. I know how busy my kids were getting their degrees and they didn't have all the rest of the stuff that you have to deal with.

@joannadavison Hooray for staying on plan. That's all we have to do each day is stay OP and the weight loss will take care of itself. The hard part is thinking we have to do this forever. That's why Just for today is my motto. I can do one day versus the rest of my life. Plus I plan yummy snacks and such each week to keep me going so I won't feel deprived.

@renaegry Love the tattoo. My leg hurt when I was looking at it. lol

Red Day-Stayed OP 100/100 carbs Exercise was 35+20 min walking.

I stepped on my son's scale and since I started my carb cycling in August and 16.1 lbs gone and 2.7% body fat gone. Plus increased muscle mass 0.6% So now to continue and do this Just For Today.

December goals: Step class and strength training 2 times a week. 4.5 glasses of water.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hello ladies! Not much happening here. Just hanging on until the weekend lol. I did eat some Christmas cookies at work due to stress (not work-related).

@TeresaW1020 I think it's great that you have such an active social life. It's good to have a lot of friends! :D Woo hoo to over 13,000 steps and the workout!!! ;)

@mswatson0777 It was! It was a recipe from America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Illustrated, so you know it was good. You poor dear, you do sound overwhelmed! Just take it one thing at a time. Cross those items off your list, what I do is knock off the smallest things first so I feel like I'm accomplishing something (unless I'm in the mood to tackle one of the bigger things). I know it's hard to go back to school as an adult, I went back to school to get my bachelors and masters as an adult and did my masters totally online! It was very, very hard but you can do it. You WILL do it. Just put one foot in front of the other a little at a time. You've got this!

@joannadavison Did DH see the present from Amazon? :( That stinks if so.

@renaegry That's cool, can you tell us about it?

@theslightedgeforever It came out really good, I put it in the slow cooker all day and it smelled up the house yummy. Well, unfortunately, YESTERDAY I got into some Christmas cookies at work, I was stress eating. :/ Oh well, I'll do better today. You are doing phenomenal and the scale gave you the feedback to confirm it.

EMPOWERED.
    December goals: track 5 days a week, drink 50 oz of liquids a day, go for a walk 2 times a week, lose 1 lb
  • mswatson0777
    @TeresaW1020 Doing the 21 day fix sounds like a great challenge! I'm with you, I'd be so sore if I didn't have any rest days for 21 days!

@trooworld Thank you for the pep talk, I needed it! I love Christmas cookies so I would have caved at work too, sorry to hear you had a stressful day yesterday.

@theslightedgeforever 16 pounds is fantastic, way to go!!! And I highly recommend the book, I think it would make for a great book club discussion piece. If you do read it let me know what you think!

@renaegry Beautiful piece!!!

@joannadavison 2 weeks sounds magical and like the perfect reset! It sounds like you had a crazy day yesterday, glad you were able to help your MIL!

I'm feeling a lot better today (8 hours of sleep will do that!). I even woke up early to get a workout in since I have a holiday work crafting event this evening. I've been doing a lot better at saying no to extra things lately since I'm definitely at my wits end so I'm looking forward to some down time this weekend to finish my book and get some rest in. My poor SO has been working until 10pm every evening so he's exhausted as well! Tis the season?
  • JoDavo66
    @renaergy beautiful but ouch!

@theslightedgeforever I am patting myself on back. Had to eat out tonight as fridge-freezer totally emptied by DH ready to go tomorrow (we have milk for breakfast & that's it!). I did have ""crispy southern fries " - which I actually think are oven baked as they are dry not oily (about 270cal) and 2 cups of soup(100ish each) I avoided the cheese sandwiches, bagettes & savoury pastries. No doughnuts either.
    Well done on your change since Aug the change in body fat & muscle mass really good swing as well as weight loss of course.

@trooworld yes he saw present! I can relate to stress eating. Been doung that for about 3 weeks. I just had to reset because I felt awful. Not eating that great now (because of lack of facilities) but making way better choices and feel so much better for it.

@mswatson0777 yesterday was awful!
    Thankfully today loads better.
    I made sure I left work promptly, even when student came to see me for help- I only spent a few mins (normally I would sit down for half an hour to help), I got to gym did most of my current routine, showered & then went to the new beauty/aesthetics clinic. Got eyebrows waxed & tinted with lash tint too. Then healthy banana & small soya latte in coffee shop before school run.

Tonight I'm preping stuff for Church Christmas Fair/Coffee morning on Sat & "Nativity" on Sunday. Kids are too old for dress up so we're having an "Escape Room"- Escape from Herod- doing a Cafe Church - tables out, groups, coffee/tea, mince pies, stollen & biscuits. Clues are all bible based in 3 sections- for 3 lock boxes containing -gold, frankincense & myrrh. The 4 Mums who've supported the kids in this plus the kids have learned loads about the 'Wise Men' from scripture & studies on internet so should be good for all ages- totally fun games but some new ideas that we've never really looked into before.
  • renaegry
    @trooworld the tattoo really doesn’t have much significance. I found a tattoo similar to this that I really liked and sent it to the artist and this is what he drew up. I let him choose the color etc. Very happy with the result

@mswatson0777 @joannadavison Thanks

Leg is quite sore. Gets very stiff when I sit and then get up. Feels burny. But that didn’t stop me from getting in a 3.5 km walk while
    Daughter is at gymnastics. And it’s -17c here today. Was very frosty. Eating is alright with the exception of gorging on a small bag of chocolate eggs. Oops.

Went for my ct scan of my jaw today. Have an appt made for Wednesday to talk about the result with my doc.

bd1ps1o0rcbo.jpeg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Sounds like you just made a mistake with the cookies and moved on. Good thing you didn't say well I blew it for the day and went hog wild. Myself I don't see anything wrong with having a cookie here and there as long as I plan ahead for it. It's the eating while stressed is what we need to figure out. Next time what could you do instead?

@mswatson0777 Good for you for getting in your workout early. Plus sounds like you got in some good rest. That's so important too. When I'm tired, I make poor choices.

@joannadavison woohoo on your good choices. You deserve credit for that. I keep a list every night of all things that I deserve credit for. Big ones and little ones. If I had one piece of chocolate and stopped myself from having two, that goes on the list. My mind tends to only think and dwell about what I did wrong so I'm training it to catch all the things I do right for the day. Yaaay on your gym workout. I love that Escape from Herod idea. Very creative.

@renaegry You are making me cold just looking at your pic. lol BRrrrrrr. -17 BRrrrrrrrr. Plus you walked in that weather? You get the prize for the day. Good for you. And with a sore leg.

While originally a green day was planned as it's Thursday, I'm switching it to a red day because I did SUPER WELL at the dinner and only ate 87/100 carbs for the day. I followed my plan except for one piece of Lindt chocolate. For dessert I looked over them all and nothing was worth the carbs/calories so I had 1/2 c fruit salad. Now onto tomorrow night where I have a party to get through. Oh and I turned down the punch three times. Since I didn't get dessert I thought about it but then decided be thinner is way better than punch. It might not even taste as good as it does in my head.

I'll put up a pic of my charcuterie board I took. That helped so much in my food choices.

• theslightedgeforever
    qmu2yh1ab335.jpeg
  • TeresaW1020

@joannadavison, oh no did your DH see his gift? Hope he liked it! :D The escape room idea sounds like a lot of fun!! I’m going to have a Christmas party for my Sunday school kids next week and I’m teaching in children’s church that day on joy so I plan to make a whole morning of Christmas fun while teaching them the true meaning of the season. :)

@renaegry, love the tattoo!! If I were to get one it would be a butterfly too. I have this quote that I love that says, “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly.” I also thought that would be cool to do when I reached my goal weight. Girl, your frosty eyelashes are making me shiver!! :o

@theslightedgeforever, I hope you know how much I appreciate and need you to be one of my support coaches!! <3 Yes, to everything you wrote, and I agree. We have talked before about having a planned indulgence vs. eating all the things and ending up with a huge gain and worse the guilt for losing control. I am truly going to try to stick to the plan and not lose control. *fingers crossed* Love the look of your charcuterie board. I can’t wait to put mine together tonight. I will try to remember to take a pic to show you.

@mswatson0777, isn’t it crazy how we look forward to the holidays and then we can’t wait for them to be over because we are so exhausted from doing so much? I put my Christmas decorations up wayyy to soon and now I can’t wait to take them down and have my house back to in order. We just need to embrace the chaos. :#:)

@trooworld, I hope the stress you are under eases soon. <3

Good morning! I took the day off from work today to get ready for my party tonight. I feel good about it all. The house is about 90% clean, I have all the party games ready to go, and will start prepping the food later this afternoon. It should be a great time! I'm heading in now to do Day 4 of the 21-Day Fix. It's pilates day and I won't have to lift any weights which is a good thing because my triceps aren't very pleased with me right now. :D

• mswatson0777
    @joannadavison Great idea with the escape room, that sounds like so much fun! And I'm glad you were able to escape for some self care yesterday, the countdown to winter break has begun!

@TeresaW1020 You are absolutely right, everything is so fun but there is just too much of it! (to be honest I haven't even had a chance to put my tree up it's been so crazy!-it's on my weekend to do list, better late than never?). Pilates is a tough workout, way to go on day 4!

@theslightedgeforever What a beautiful charcuterie board! And what a great, easy way to make good choices!

@renaegry I feel your pain, it was 15F (-9c) where I live this morning and the temperatures are fastly approaching where you're at! I miss warm weather already and am dreaming about that cruise in February.

I didn't do too bad yesterday, but I definitely ate over what I had planned. I went to a holiday make and take party filled with delicious snacks and alcohol. I didn't do too bad at the party but I was HUNGRY when I got home and got into the leftover apples/dessert hummus I had brought to the party. Not the worst option, but not the best either. We already have cake pops/reeses pieces at the office this morning so I'm avoiding the break room again.

This weekend we have a fundraising ball which will also be a challenge food/alcohol wise, but I tend to have a really good time when I go so hopefully this year will be equally fun. Plus it's extra incentive to be well behaved in the next few days so I don't feel bloated in my dress!