What happens if you eat 900 calories a day?

Hi , so my goal is to lose 15 kg in 3 months because I planned a trip to London. I’ve been eating around 1500 calories and been losing weight slowly . I lost 20kg in 9months. It’s VERY slow so I want to try eating 900/1100 calories to lose weight more and faster. I’m 115kg , 21 and I’m 5ft10. Is it really harmful if I eat less ? I also burn 400 calories from workout. My daily calorie is 1800 so I’ll be saving 1100 calories everyday with food and exercise.

Replies

• jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    I also agree with the above but you won't be starving if you decrease your intake to 1200 a day untill your vacation. You just can't go on a binge during your visit to London. Then when you get back resume as you were.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Love where you're at and how far you've been already. Don't try to sabotage all of it by too much restriction and making yourself unhealthy now. You've worked too hard to make yourself sick. :( Enjoy London at your new weight, not as a sickly person. If you feel you have to make any changes, maybe 100-200 calories less but truly, you're doing amazing and you *know* it's working. Enjoy London when you go and how about scheduling another trip when you hit goal weight?? Certainly a great goal to strive for along with goal weight. :)

Alright maybe I’ll eat 100-200 less calories compare to before and workout more. Thank you :)
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    I agree with the post above - you've made such amazing progress so far! Don't punish yourself for that by trying to go faster when what you are already doing is working great for you! I can understand the impatience, but a crash diet may put you in danger of putting weight back on once you start to eat normally again, and after you've worked so hard that would be a real shame.

I think you should keep engaging with forums to keep a positive attitude because you clearly have the willpower to succeed, if you want to 'speed' up then maybe do things like add in lifting weights in small amounts that you weren't before, and make sure your workout calories are well estimated (i.e things like fitbits can be very off).

But honestly, just well done. Be proud of yourself!

As they said above:
    'So I am very sorry to say that your priority SHOULD NOT BE YOUR TRIP TO LONDON.'

Your priority is YOU :) and you deserve to be kind to yourself after such huge success.

Thank youuuu
  • fromhailey
    fromhailey Posts: 14 Member
    My experience with restriction calories too much is I eventually end up in a binge cycle. Its as if my body turns against me and no amount of will power can keep me from over eating. There has been studies on this too, that its actually a thing where if you deprive your body of calories some people find themselves eating uncontrollably... its like a self preservation thing. Anyway, my point is, you're on a roll, I would hate to see you being one of those people who restrict too much and falling off track because of it. Obviously if youve been able to maintain what you're doing this long, you're doing something right!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    That's not slow AT ALL. With 900 cals your body won't get the energy or nutrition it needs, and it'll likely end up in overeating as it's really really hard to be that hungry for any length of time.tone
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    You get real hungry real fast
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Read the sticky posts for beginners.

No need to reinvent the wheel.