JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap M 12/2
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,629 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 38 floors :)
    2) Prelogged meals & snacks / no snacks at salon! / net calories zero / 14c water = So happy w/ myself: I stuck w/ my plan the entire day! Net cals green 66 :mrgreen: first time in a while! sodium -371, sugar -12, fiber ok, protein ok, 14c water :smiley:
    3) Check chapter emails :) / set up KK rule (what a pest) :) / clear Inbox more :neutral: / play in Cognos Rick V emails indicate he may fix GC report for us! :)
    4) Evening: haircut 5:00 :) / Schwan's delivery :# driver late again then he sat in driveway for 15 minutes before bringing order... grrr / start setting up creches :neutral: brought 5 boxes up from basement / read Advent booklet :) & chapters 1-2 of Luke :) (something new this year) / make wish list for hubby :) / plan for Giving Tuesday :neutral: / other? :) put away all the clean dishes, prepped workout clothes
    5) Unplug 9:00 :( / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: (workout T before work)

JFT T 12/3
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Prelogged meals & snacks / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) CC s/s set-up & review / keep up w/ emails / leave work 2:15
    4) 3:10 movie (my new guilty pleasure... taking personal time off of work to watch matinee of movie hubby not interested in on $5 Tues. ) / Day Spa open house / read Advent book 12/3 & Luke 3 / Giving Tues & matching funds / set up creches / other?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (workout W before work)

At early alarm this morning, woke with very raw throat so decided to skip treadmill, reset alarm & slept another hour. Taking my cold-eeze today and will be gentle with myself in order to fight off this cold. I really don't want (or have time) to be sick.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,261 Member
    Well buying bigger pants did make me feel more comfortable with my day to day body because I wasn't squeezed in or bulging out. Unfortunately, it also made me less aware of my situation. I've put on another 7 pounds in November. That is just crazy even with the holiday. My weight this morning (up a tad for TOM) was 0.2 pounds from my "I will NEVER be that big again" weight. It's all very discouraging, and a bit pathetic being that weight loss is not rocket science. Actually, truth be told I can do rocket science...

Things have been going well for me other than weight and I have had a LOT of changes and challenges this year. As that all lines out, I'm going to work on getting my mind in a more positive place. Positive people attract positive people and positive energy. I want that in my life again. I grew up in a very negative environment and I was well on my way to perpetuating that environment when one day I realized what I was doing. I didn't make people around me happy, I was snide and bitter. That was not who I wanted to be. I made great efforts to rebuild myself in a more positive way. With that came energy, health, friends, fun and even self confidence. Somewhere over the last 5 years I've lost that person again and fallen back into old habits of self pity and self hatred. It has left me sad, woefully tired and without much happiness.

I'm not saying all of my problems can be solved by positive thinking, but I am saying that if I face them with an expectation of a positive outcome rather than an expectation of failure, life will most definitely be better.

JFT Goals

- Work on time :(
    - Log all food
    - Protein bar for breakfast - LOG IT! :smiley:
    - Grilled Chicken salad at lunch - LOG IT!
    - Breath in to clam my body. Breath out and smile.
    - Shrink at 4:00 therapist at 5:00
    - Cook Dinner - Stir Fry veggie & chicken - Log It!
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print Socratic directions.
    3. Class 1: Socratic discussion. PRs. Return work.
    4. Class 2-3: Turn in homework. Organize 1-4 and submit. Chapter 5. Check Goodreads updates.
    5. Planning: CALLS - SJ and DB late to homeroom; need to be on time or will be written up for skipping. Call parents who had absent students today RE progress reports. Cover class. Read 20 pages of Stamped. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Email student. Dinner: Salmon. Take recycling.
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Wed 12/5 dept meeting 7 AM. Sun 12/8 house manage.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 195.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Sun Dec 8 1:15. Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Hi everyone! Yesterday, I met my goals of hitting my calorie and protein targets, and exercising, but didn't get time to meditate. Here are my goals today:

Just For Today Tuesday:
    1. Hit calorie target <=1736 cals
    2. Hit protein target >=125g
    3. Exercise
    4. Meditate >=10 minutes
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Goals for today
    1. mindful eating :) Even bought hubby a lions choice roast beef sandwich ... which I love, but decided instead to eat a apple while out running errands, and had my cottage cheese and applesauce for lunch. Tonite using up leftover turkey in a healthy casserole.
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi :) Can you believe .. I've had NINE cups of water today!! I went to a Quik Trip, and bought one of their big mugs. so now I carry this with me even when I am out running errands. Determined to get to my first goal weight this year!!!
    3. 8+ water :) NINE glasses in today already!!
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack :) Going to the grocery store with my daughter, but I plan to bring my big water jug with me LOL!

Today I ran errands, and worked in the yard. The sun is out so it feels warmer than the 44 degrees ... but 44 degrees is still nice! I want to plant wildflowers this year, so I got the bed all prepped, and ready to throw down my seeds (they need winter freeze to germinate next spring!). Today I did good .. I am determined to get to my goal weight, and start the new year in the 170s!

JFT, Wed
    1. log all my food
    2. concentrate on water .. take that big jug with me everywhere I go!
    3. plan the days meals in the morning so I know what I am eating
    4. go to the gym. Our gym is closing in just 2 weeks. .. going to miss all my friends as we are all going in different directions
    5. get out xmas cards and write
    6. make 5 more little bears for cancer center
    7. work on xmas towels

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    @mytime - wanted to say I enjoy your posts, they are very thoughtful, and you are so encouraging. Rooting for you!!
    @maryrobinson - what was the occasion? Where were you going looking so nice?

Took my mom home after Thanksgiving and back to work. Back to my routine. Back to mfp. First day back @ work couldn't stop eating. Today, working on paying attention, drinking more and sticking to the plan.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Tuesday 3 December

785l59is8mqn.jpeg

Wow == absolutely beautiful!!! Do you sell your cakes? Is this fondant you are using? I would love to know how to do this.. my mother used to do it a lot, but she did not use fondant. Thank you for sharing ... what a wonderful surprise for your husband! He will love it!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited December 2019
    @ZizzyBumble That is just sooooo cool! I'm sure your hubby will love it.
    We are enjoying a relatively fine spell of calming weath for the time of year. (48*F) Long may it continue.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    03/12: CW: 149.6 : -1.2
    I’ve been working on strength for several days with a not unexpected effect. It seems I can't build muscle and lose weight at the same time. And I always thought I was good at multi-tasking!!! 😂 But I will keep at it!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores
    JFT: Tue 3 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Patchwork Group 🎄 Managed to get quite a lot of my circular Xmas garland sewn up.
    • Afternoon: worked on Christmas card list.
    JFT: Wed 4 Dec
    Goals: 🎄
    Activities:
    • am: Grocery Shopping
    • 12 noon: Garden Group Lunch (first of many Christmas celebrations)
    • Afternoon: walk along the coastal path to work off the lunch! 😂
    • 7pm: Crochet Group

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    (I'm extending this Personal Challenge)
    Stay under goal until Christmas Eve
    Days Under: 29/29

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    4) 3:10 movie (my new guilty pleasure... taking personal time off of work to watch matinee of movie hubby not interested in on $5 Tues. )

I love that you are doing this! I was thinking just last week that I should start doing this once in a while! You know what they say about great minds... Did you go? If so, which movie did you see?
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member

Just for Today (Monday, 12/2)
    1. Journal every bite, good or bad :)
    2. 80 oz water B)Not 80 oz but better than day before.
    3. No sugar/flour/dairy :)
    4. Prepare for work tomorrow: coffeemaker / lunchbox / outfit :)
    5. 30 minutes intentional activity >:)
    6. Bible study :)
    7. 15+ minutes self care :)
    8. Close food journal :)Closed it today.
    9. Bedtime Routine: wash & moisturize / floss / gratitude journal 5 items from today / DO & SA readings / Read :)

I messed up today and gave into some caramels in the candy dish at work. I'm trying really hard to stop sugar but it is SO HARD! How does a person eat celery with a caramel staring them in the face? UGH. Tomorrow is a new day. I'm trying really hard to make better choices, but I'm not perfect and life is going to happen. Moving forward and brushing it off.

Just for Today (Tuesday, 12/3)
    1. Journal every bite, good or bad :smile:
    2. 80 oz water :naughty:Dang! I just can't hit this! Try again tomorrow...
    3. No sugar :naughty: /flour :smile: /dairy :smile:
    4. Prepare for work tomorrow: coffeemaker / lunchbox / outfit :smile: Work at home day tomorrow, so all I had to do is coffeemaker.
    5. 30 minutes intentional activity :)Gave house a good cleaning. I know it's not actual exercise, but I worked up a sweat!
    6. Bible study :)Just about to do this!
    7. 15+ minutes self care :smile: Listened to a Half Size Me podcast and tuned everyone else out!
    8. Close food journal :smile: Just about to!
    9. Bedtime Routine: wash & moisturize / floss / gratitude journal 5 items from today / DO & SA readings / Read :smile: After The Voice, I will do all these things.

WOTY 2019: Tenacity
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Gym👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Leave work on time👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
    5. Get paperwork done that I was supposed to do yesterday.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited December 2019
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Project work. Collect PRs. Have students call parents.
    4. Class 2-3: Chapter 6. Collect PRs. Have students call parents. Check Goodreads updates.
    5. Planning: Input Socratic grades. Set up units for S2. Read 20 pages of Stamped. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run - aim for 3 miles. Email student. Dinner: Pasta or soup. Yoga!
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Wed 12/5 dept meeting 7 AM. Sun 12/8 house manage.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Sun Dec 8 1:15. Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing. Weight is going down again. Let's see if it actually sticks :P
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    @pridesabtch I'm sorry you've been struggling, I feel like negativity can be a lifelong struggle and I'm proud of you for recognizing that you're slipping into old ways and doing something about it. Just this week I've made the decision to force myself out of this slump I've been in..I know it won't be the last time it happens but I think if we prepare for those times ahead of time we can fight them off when we sense them getting near. You've got this!

@ZizzyBumble you are extremely talented!!

I did my workout for the first time in 6 months and wowwww I've gotten weaker and much less flexible. Oh well, it feels good to be back at it!

Truth be told, we'd like to try for a baby soon, hopefully after the holidays. I would really like to get a little of my fitness back beforehand so I can continue exercising (with doctor approval of course) throughout the pregnancy. So I better start now!

Yesterday 12/3:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. Do workout😁

JFT 12/4:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Cook dinner
    3. Do not let stress take over
  • pridesabtch
    JFT Goals

- Work on time :(
    - Log all food :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast - LOG IT! :smiley:
    - Grilled Chicken salad at lunch - LOG IT! :neutral: Did a breaded chicken...
    - Breath in to clam my body. Breath out and smile. :smiley:
    - Shrink at 4:00 therapist at 5:00 :neutral: Skipped the 5:00pm due to family scheduling conflict
    - Cook Dinner - Stir Fry veggie & chicken - Log It! :smiley: Made it, but had eaten junk before so...
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Did pretty well on my goals yesterday. I'm happy with that. I was way over on calories (again), but that's ok for today.

When I got home yesterday, there was a package delivered that I wasn't supposed to see. I didn't open it, but the name was on the box. Hubby got me a PELOTON for Christmas!!! I'm so excited!!!! One of my big hurdles right now is embarrassment to go to the gym now that I've gained so much weight. I didn't workout at home, because none of the workouts I tried could keep my interest. Biking and spinning were a big part of my life that I look forward to regaining. Yea me!

I guess he had gotten me a very nice diamond necklace I'd seen, but returned it after I started talking about liking the idea of the Peloton system. They were about the same price and I'd much rather have the bike. He did good. The box was just accessories, the actual bike won't be installed until 12/26. 2020 may be the year I get my mojo back!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Tuesday 3 December

785l59is8mqn.jpeg

Wow == absolutely beautiful!!! Do you sell your cakes? Is this fondant you are using? I would love to know how to do this.. my mother used to do it a lot, but she did not use fondant. Thank you for sharing ... what a wonderful surprise for your husband! He will love it!

No I don’t sell cakes, I like to do something special on the Christmas cake for my own satisfaction. It is ready made blue fondant icing. The snowflakes are made with Mexican paste. This paste is used for modelling and does not stretch like fondant. It quickly dries and is not too brittle. I rolled small amounts of Mexican paste thin then used a snowflake cutter. Snowflakes were then heavily sprayed with edible glitter and left to dry overnight. I stuck them onto the cake with tiny blobs of sticky icing (I added a small amount of water to a bit of the left over blue icing). The cake then had a light spray of glitter.

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Greetings wonderful people. Have been traveling, T'giving, and now getting the house Christmasfied and clean for 7 couples to stay the weekend! So, I have been absent for a while and will probably disappear again at least until after Christmas. But I did want to invite y'all to the next Bible study on Bible.com. We actually started today---it incorporates the Christmas Carols. As always, all are welcome. If you are interested PM me, please! Today's question is what are you rejoicing over this Christmas season. For some it will be Christ's birth, and for others it will be that all the family will be gathered, or that you are have Christmas on a boat heading for a warm tropical island! Or a combination.

I am purposing to have a calm and joyful Christmas season...so far, so good. The funny thing is, I haven't put up a full sized Xmas tree since 2007. This year, I've put up three! But I'm not fixated on getting every ornament just right on them, etc. Even with the upcoming house guests I am not frantic (not having to cook is good. They are doing all that stuff. We are just providing a place!) It's a good feeling and I hope I can continue it.

Peace and joy!
  • pridesabtch
    I was so excited about the Peloton that I forgot to post goals for today...

JFT Wednesday
    - Drink at least 1 bottle of H2O before having soda :smiley:
    - Call my mother :smiley:
    - Protein bar and tangerine for breakfast - LOG IT! :smiley:
    - Log all intake
    - Lunch under 300cal - LOG IT! :smiley:
    - Stay at work until at least 4:00
    - Leftover stir fry for dinner heavy on veggies
    - Church stuff
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:00