Losing weight

Got my blood sugar down got my blood pressure down now working on weight going to drink more water eat lean cuisines meals and more veggies and whole fruits.already lost 10 pounds.40 to go.trying to get to 230.My ideal weight.

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Congrats on your progress thus far but "eat lean cuisine meals" is not necessary (I personally don't consider it even desirable, I mean...no). Best of luck to you!
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Given a choice between Lean Cuisine and gnawing on forest bugs, I'd need some time to think about it, but other than that, congrats!
  • jimsessions8
    jimsessions8 Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks for your comments.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Got my blood sugar down got my blood pressure down now working on weight going to drink more water eat lean cuisines meals and more veggies and whole fruits.already lost 10 pounds.40 to go.trying to get to 230.My ideal weight.

I've started bringing Lean Cuisines to work, they're easy and are actually more tasty than I expected. I don't have/make the time to meal prep, so they work great. Much better than the Special K protein bar I used to have for lunch every day.

Good luck!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I'm not a Lean Cuisine fan, but I'm totally in love with the Jimmy Dean english muffins as a quick and easy lunch grab & go item!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member

congrats to you, keep it up... While I have nothing against lean cuisine dinners, it takes around 4 of those suckers to fill me up!
  • jimsessions8
    Blood sugar at 130 today.blood pressure at 130 over 85.now working on weight.trying to get to 230.at 265 now.cutting dessert and some bread.
  • PrismaticPhoenix
    PrismaticPhoenix Posts: 65 Member
    Congratulations on your progress! I'm especially excited to hear about your blood pressure and blood sugar going down! That's so wonderful. It's great to see payoff!
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    Great job! I’m thinking of trying a pre-packaged dinner type thing because even though I cook very healthy I’m also a pretty great cook (😉)and too much healthy food is still too much food! Lol
  • fittodress2018
    fittodress2018 Posts: 23 Member
    Lean cuisines! I have always stayed away from them as they seem to be VERY high in sodium. I would probably try other alternatives instead. But great 👍🏻 job on your health progress. That’s the most important part.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Great job! I’m thinking of trying a pre-packaged dinner type thing because even though I cook very healthy I’m also a pretty great cook (😉)and too much healthy food is still too much food! Lol

I was quickly dissatisfied with the cost and the plastic packaging of pre-packed meals.

Here's what I do now: Got an electric pressure cooker to make meal prep FAST, and using a food scale, pack a bunch of 16oz wide mouth glass mason jar with a meal, date it, put the calorie count on the label and toss it in the freezer. Voila - I've just replaced Lean cuisine and it's lookalikes for about 1/4 of the cost, and, with a nicer carbon footprint.
  • brailleteacher
    brailleteacher Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats on losing 10lbs thus far. I am also using lean cuisine for lunch during the week. Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • jimsessions8
    Alot of great comments here I finally made it to 260.first time in years.30 to go.i only eat when I get hungry .I do a 20 minute video everyday.and do around 2000 steps a day.as far as food.im trying to est slot of vit c and d I read they help your immune which we all need right now.i heard sunshine kills the coronavirus.