Over halfway there (-55 pounds)

kayla7303
kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
Hey all I am Kayla a 25 year old and I’ve been on the weight loss journey for the better part of forever. I lose some, gain some, gain some more then you know the rest. Well this time around it’s different. I am doing it all right. No fad diets, no long hours exercising, nothing crazy or unsustainable. To be honest it doesn’t even feel like a “journey” it just feels like life now and I like that.

I have gone from 265 pounds to 209 without any exercise due to some surgery coupled with my own mental health. Three days ago I started walking at an incline again because I am still recovering from surgery. My goal is 160 so I have 45 pounds to go.

If you’ve made it this far, thanks! Feel free to add me, I could use more active friends on here <3

Pics are from My highest at 265 and this past weekend.

kbml05zcqs9w.jpeg

Replies

• CrumbsInMyButter
    CrumbsInMyButter Posts: 31 Member
    Great job! And I love your profile pic. You look lovely in it.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Amazing progress! You are looking fit!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    you're doing great! and isn't it nice when it becomes "life" rather than a struggle? it's crazy (in a good way). 😊
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Your body looks great, but what happened to that beautiful smile? Bring it back!
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Awesome transformation!
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Great job! How long it takes to lose that weight so far?
  • JudyKenova6
    JudyKenova6 Posts: 1 Member
    Did you do 2 lbs a week weight loss on sedentary?
  • kayla7303
    Great job! And I love your profile pic. You look lovely in it.

Thank you so much! 😊

• kayla7303
    Did you do 2 lbs a week weight loss on sedentary?

I was losing 2-3 probably and definitely sedentary. desk job and barely getting 5k steps a day. Now I’m trying to get my 10k
  • kayla7303
    mhassan160 wrote: »
    Great job! How long it takes to lose that weight so far?

In 3.5 months I lost 43 pounds

• kayla7303
    Awesome transformation!

Thanks! 😊
  • kayla7303
    Your body looks great, but what happened to that beautiful smile? Bring it back!

Haha! Yeah I naturally have a RBF and my gym has a no camera policy so I had to quickly take the picture so I didn’t pose 😂 I’m definitely just as happy if not happier 😊

• kayla7303
    amkita wrote: »
    you're doing great! and isn't it nice when it becomes "life" rather than a struggle? it's crazy (in a good way). 😊

Yes! I’ve never experienced it like this before which is so motivating! Before it has always been a chore and now I just go about my day! I love it
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    You are awesome, and gorgeous!
  • erinkothman
    erinkothman Posts: 12 Member
    Way to go! <3
  • kayla7303
    amfmmama wrote: »
    You are awesome, and gorgeous!

Thank you ♥️♥️
  • kayla7303
    Ehwren wrote: »
    Way to go! <3

Thanks! ♥️
  • samrichards22
    samrichards22 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi I’ve just joined again today, is your success just from count your calories and staying within budget?
  • kayla7303
    Hi I’ve just joined again today, is your success just from count your calories and staying within budget?

Yes I lost 55 pounds that way! Now I’m focusing on eating betting and I walk 5-6 days a week, but you can lose weight just being in a calorie deficit. I used that as my motivation to keep going without making too many changes at once. So I’d still eat bad food like Doritos often if they fit into my daily allowance. Once I realized my body was losing weight it inspired me to want to make the next step which was to not just have the calorie deficit, but to eat nutritiously.
  • chasitystiff2
    chasitystiff2 Posts: 14 Member
    Add me I don’t now how to add
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!