10 weeks post surgery

Options
I had hip surgery 10 weeks ago, I still get pretty sore at times and I've gained about 10 pounds, I know I'll get better, my 2 other hip surgeries were a slower than expected recovery also. The weight gain is discouraging and becomes overwhelming , mentally. So, I keep telling myself, "I can only control today" as far as my calorie intake goes. It's easier to think about the next 3 meals rather than the next few months of meals to get to my goal weight loss of 20 pounds. Now........lets see if I can take my own advice and put it to practice !

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    Post surgery takes patience, no question!

It's a good plan not to be trying to lose weight while healing, so that small bit of gain has some potential upside in that you're sure you're not short-changing your energy needs for healing. While it's good not to gain too much, time enough to lose it again when you're fully healed. Just trying to stay around maintenance calories, and get good nutrition, is probably the best idea right now.

Hang in there!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    It will get better, sounds like you know what to expect. Take it each meal at a time if you have to! I agree that waiting until you heal to diet is a good idea. I hope you have a fast and full recovery!