What are your Top 5 foods or items that make your life easier?

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    1. Instant pot
    2. Apple watch
    3. Food scale
    4. MFP
    5. Gym membership
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    1. MFP
    2. Treadmill
    3. Salad and veggies and chicken
    4. Not buying junk food
    5. The goal of a smaller size just ahead of me
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    1) Not a food or an item but my husband. He supports me in every way.
    2) Instant pot. It makes prepping for the week a breeze and allows us to have complex meals even when we forget to thaw something out.
    3) Homemade unsweetened yogurt. It's my go-to snack for work, makes great smoothies and I use it as a substitute for higher fat things like sour cream.
    4) Frozen fruits and vegetables. They allow me to have produce no matter what the season. I save money because it doesn't go bad. I have a tendency to overestimate what we will eat in a week.
    5) Yoga mat. No matter what the weather is outside, I can still exercise.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    1. Apple watch
    2. Orangetheory membership
    3. Pressure cooker (I don't have the instapot or air-frier)
    4. Digital scale
    5. Meal prepping (basic stuff/ Rice, Hard boiled eggs, Quinoa etc for the week)
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    1. MFP
    2. Gym Membership
    3. StrongLifts App
    4. Greek Yogurt
    5. Lowfat Cottage Cheese
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    1) MFP
    2) Access to media that allows me to work out at home, indoors, for almost no cost: DVDs, YouTube, other streaming media
    3) A job that has good hours and doesn't leave me stressed out...makes a huge difference in being able to commit to a new eating plan.
    4) Kashi foods. High fiber, high protein foods that are delicious and convenient
    5) Cooking ability. A few key skills helps make food delicious and nutritious.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    1. Weights to lift, I have access to several gyms (work, basement at home, and a gym membership) and love them all.
    2. My workout buddies, we help keep each-other motivated and many days I frequented the gym because of that extra push.
    3. Summer...just love being outdoors enjoying the weather and getting simple, natural cardio.
    4. technology to assist in tracking, motivating, logging, researching
    5. pictures of me when I was a lot bigger. Keeps me focused on moving forward.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    1. MFP
    2. Apple Watch
    3. Leslie Sansone’s Walk At Home workouts (1 dvd, 1 series purchased on Amazon Prime for 2 bucks, the rest free on YouTube)
    4. Drinking water - don’t underestimate water
    5. Eating as little as possible for breakfast and lunch so I have calories for dinner and beyond

Bonus: way more vegetables & fruits added to my diet, which displace other foods. Eating as close to Whole Foods plant based as possible (Flexitarian)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    1) My bed - getting enough sleep is a big deal for me for mental and physical health (include my weighted blanket here as well)
    2) MFP - tracking my food and exercise is 100% needed. Plus the forums help me find new products, meal ideas, and keep me on target
    3) My therapist - I suffer from anxiety and depression plus have been under a lot of stress of late. She helps me with that PLUS has a background in helping with disordered eating. She has helped me with how I view food and to have less anxiety about eating "unhealthy" (for lack of a better term) items.
    4) Oatmeal - my current favorite breakfast. I usually have it with fruit, nut butters, and/or nuts. Comforting and filling.
    5) Cooking at home - I can make the same recipes or similar for a lot less calories then eating the same things out. Plus it is cheaper so I can "splurge" more often on things like fish or steak.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    1. Moka pot
    2. Prepackaged egg whites
    3. Vega Sport Protein Powder
    4. "Squeezie garlic" (the term I use for pureed garlic in a tube)
    5. All frozen veggies and frozen organic blueberries
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,166 Member
    Let's add in the 'now that I've been shelter-in-place' things.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    decaf coffee
    liquid sweetener
    poop like a champion cereal (for its very high fiber in small amount - like 14 per 30g)
    a decent DIY vinaigrette recipe
    roman lettuce hearts

for Chris’s “” now that I’ve been shelter-in-place' things””

giga speed internet
    my animals for keeping me sane
    good toilet paper that i luckily restocked right before everything got nuts and it became MIA.
    having an RO water system so we don’t have to go stock up on water every other week like in past.
    AND having the husband still working, love ‘em but, he would of drove us both crazy stuck at home if he wasn’t working!!

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    1. Vyvanse
    2. Fiber gourmet pasta
    3. Pinterest
    4. Sweetener
    5. And most likely my instapot when it arrives.
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Shelter in place list:
    1. YouTube free workouts
    2. Pinterest
    3. Amazon fresh and other pick up services for groceries
    4. Coffee
    5. Chobani creamer
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Iced coffee
    Premier protein shakes
    Decaf herbal or fruit tea
    Stevia
    Sugar free chocolate
  • Weedsir
    Weedsir Posts: 14 Member
    1. A notebook that i write a list of things i want to achieve the next day before bed.
    2. My Garmin Fenix 5
    3. My Border Collie (Beck)
    4. My 5 Litre water jug thingy that i take to work with me each day.
    5. MFP
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,166 Member
    1. Vyvanse
    5. And most likely my instapot when it arrives.

Instapot is the #1 thing this thread has inspired me to try (but I still haven't bought one yet) Let us know how it goes.

Glad Vyvanse is working for you.