WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    The day has passed quickly! As they do. But I got over 10,000 steps and ate pretty well, so I feel a bit better. Looking forward to getting back home tomorrow, and my own cooking, though! I'll have to weigh in a day late.

@cory17 - GREAT JOB. What an excellent loss this week! Good for you!

So, HEADS UP for the Friday weigh-ins! Let the numbers roll in:
    @Connie7355
    @jugar
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Shexio

See you tomorrow! I'll be on the road for many hours, but will get back to you when I arrive home :heart:
  • eyezbydiana
    eyezbydiana Posts: 90 Member
    micki48 wrote: »
    12/4

Goals for December
    1) Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30 🕦🏁 ✅ Got 8 hours!!!
    2) Log my food daily! The good, the bad, and the ugly ✅
    3) 8,000 steps daily 🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️✅ Had over 12,000
    4) 150 minutes of exercise each week 💪🏼🧘🏻‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️🤸🏼‍♂️👌🏼 ✅ 40 minute walk
    5) Post to team daily ✅

Great job micki!
  • eyezbydiana
    Daily check in 12/4
    1) ✅Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    2) ✅Log my food daily! The pretty, the ugly and the so-so days
    3) ❌Plan my meals every night before bed
    4) ❌10,000 steps daily ( gym 3x week if my plantar fasciaitis gets better)
    5) ❌Post on here daily

Bad migraine day.. went to bed super early but also binged on some ice cream and didn't log on
  • eyezbydiana
    Daily check in 12/5/19
    1) ❌Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    5) ✅Post on here daily

I might eliminate the planning goal as I just don't think I can be very good with it with the no kitchen situation 🤔

@micki48
    Steps 12/4: 7100
    12/5: 5000
  • eyezbydiana
    @micki48
    Sorry I forgot to add
    Steps for 12/3: 9610
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Daily check in 12/5/19
    1) ❌Aim to be in bed no later than 11:30
    5) ✅Post on here daily

I might eliminate the planning goal as I just don't think I can be very good with it with the no kitchen

@eyezbydiana I’m thinking of revising mine a bit as well. Obviously, I will not be making it to bed by 11:30 tonight. Lots of steps and chasing my toddler granddaughter, but no actual workout.

Hope your migraine gets better soon. Sleep well, my friend.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    CW: 165.4
    PW: 166

I'm excited to see my weight continue to decrease - even slowly. MFP and our group is really helping me to stay committed and give myself some grace. Especially when I go over my calorie budget or don't work out - you all remind me that it takes continually coming back.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Ugh My oldest son leaves for his annual Bday trip tomorrow... It always stresses me out, he is 26, he goes to purta villarta to an all inclusive resort by himself... I am a little jealous that he has the confidence to go on a vaca by himself, but it also worries me to death.. He does good at staying in contact though, but still... Anyway, had to get that off my chest...

Those of you who are trying to go to bed by 11.30, what time do you get up ? I go to bed around 9 - 9.30pm every night, and get up at 5.30... I've never been someone who can stay up late if there wasn't anything going on... I wonder though if I am sleeping too much, although a few nights a week I don't sleep well, and am up in the middle of the night for a good while.. Do you all sleep well ?

@Gidgitgoescrazy 2 summers ago I went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic by myself for 5 days. BEST. VACATION. EVER!!!!! But I understand your angst. One thing I intentionally did not do since I was alone in a foreign country was rent a car. I didnt want to tempt myself to go wandering off alone and end up on the wrong side of town. That forced me to either stay at the wonderful all inclusive resort I was out and go on group excursions. I did both.....went snorkeling for the first time in my life! WOO HOO!

Bedtime.....no, I don't get enough sleep. My sleep doctor checked my cpap data and said I'm only averaging 4-5 hours of sleep each night. However, thanks to my cpap, the quality of my sleep has EXTREMELY improved since I was first diagnosed with severe sleep apnea 7 years ago. Six hours of sleep would be great, but I try to pack too much into the day most days. Still trying to find balance. The struggle is real!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    All my healthy goals for the week got tanked when I came home from work Monday with a temp over 100. I was home sick for 2 days. Just regaining my strength now. Inadvertently, I lost a few lbs this week because of being sick.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited December 2019
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 178.3
    CW: 176.1 :)
    Very happy! Now mustn't celebrate with food :#
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Friday Weigh In
    PW 181.8
    CW 181.4

• micki48
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    CW: 165.4
    PW: 166

I'm excited to see my weight continue to decrease - even slowly. MFP and our group is really helping me to stay committed and give myself some grace. Especially when I go over my calorie budget or don't work out - you all remind me that it takes continually coming back.

@Steph1498 Congratulations on your loss! You are absolutely right. Every little bit helps, as does every little change we make in our life. So glad. you are here. It works both ways, we are glad to have your support, insights, and motivating thoughts. Have a great day!! :)<3
  • micki48
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 178.3
    CW: 176.1 :)
    Very happy! Now mustn't celebrate with food :#

@Pearl4686 Wow! Great loss. You are back on track. I applaud you, this time of year any loss is a great accomplishment in my opinion. That loss is wonderful!! Keep it going!!! :)<3

@gidgitgo Vikki, great loss to you as well. Like I said, take every loss. It's progress toward your goal. That's almost four sticks of butter gone. Nice going. :)<3

@evangsimmons170 Rhonda, so sorry to hear you got some bug. Glad you are starting to feel yourself. That can really throw us out of balance. Congrats on your loss. Take it however you can get it.
    Bedtime.....no, I don't get enough sleep. My sleep doctor checked my cpap data and said I'm only averaging 4-5 hours of sleep each night. However, thanks to my cpap, the quality of my sleep has EXTREMELY improved since I was first diagnosed with severe sleep apnea 7 years ago. Six hours of sleep would be great, but I try to pack too much into the day most days. Still trying to find balance. The struggle is real!/quote]

Wow, you go full throttle on very little sleep. That's great that you have data that your quality has improved. Getting the right amount of sleep is something I think almost all of us struggle with. Too little makes it so hard to function optimally, yet to much can leave us groggy. In our busy lives, I'm guessing most of us suffer from too little and not the latter. I averaged five hours or less when I used to commute almost an hour to work each way each day. I did that for five years, and honestly, I NEVER got used to it. I ended up putting on weight too. I was also raising my young children at that time, making it even harder to find good rest. I used to come home from work and take a 10 minute power nap after I changed clothes. It really helped me. Restored a little energy to face job 2.

Rhonda you mentioned packing too much into your day. Is there any thing you can do to reduce that and still get things done in the course of a week? Can you set some goals that are more attainable each day given your busy schedule, so you can feel like you accomplished them. I only say that because feeling like you have a victory helps push you along on the right track. Feeling like you didn't crush the 15,000 steps one day may feel like a defeat, but if you walked more than the day before, it's still a win! What ideas/tricks do other team members have to manage all that is on our plates and still get enough sleep?

@eyezbydiana Psssst...while Diana and I were on last night writing about our daily goals, we were both up past our 11:30pm bedtime goal. :p Sometimes you nail it and other times, not so much. It's part of the journey. Like @Steph1498 said, sometimes you just have to give yourself a little grace. Make it a GREAT day, friends!!! :)<3

@jugar Wishing you safe travels. See you back here later for your daily report. <3
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Sorry late on Wed weigh in. Been off the grid the past few days. Big Nativity Festival set up - over 800 Nativities. Crazy! but beautiful.

PW: 175
    CW: 174

• offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48 Steps -
    Mon 4,843
    Tue 7,035
    Wed 9,352
    Thurs 7,726
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Indulged in the chips & M&Ms today. My wt this am was a little up from yesterday. But I'm not letting this throw me off the plan. Just a hiccup. Think need some way of rewarding a good week that isn't food related and won't shoot myself in the proverbial foot.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Friday weigh in
    PW 173
    CW 173
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    STEPS:
    12/4 - 14002
    12/5 - 11934

Long day today...
  • jugar
    cory17 wrote: »
    Indulged in the chips & M&Ms today. My wt this am was a little up from yesterday. But I'm not letting this throw me off the plan. Just a hiccup. Think need some way of rewarding a good week that isn't food related and won't shoot myself in the proverbial foot.

One free day a week is the only way I made it through the big weigh-loss part of my journey! Enjoy it, repeat only ONCE per week!
  • jugar
    @fourathomej long day - hug coming your way for when it ends!
    @offitgoes - 800 nativities? Wowzer. Sit back and look at the results of what sounds like a LOT of work!
    @Pearl4686 - great loss! And same to @offitgoes , @Steph1498 , @cory17 , @evelynladams527 - it has been a GREEN week for you. WTG!

I made it home and really enjoyed my trip to see my dad, step-mom, and best of all kidnapping my niece to visit with the old folks, and then drive north together. We met up with @evelynladams527 , shopped (ok, I dropped first!), had a lovely lunch, and then I finished the trip home. It was a long slog up my crazy hill carrying a heavy backpack, three bags, and any personal items that could not freeze in the car overnight - but it is so good to be home. After so many years with this crazy walk from car to house, I am pretty danged good at balancing the load and making it doable. And when I'm out of breath, I enjoy the view or the stars. I am sure I'll sleep well tonight!

Let's finish up those Friday weigh-ins, the 2 late ones, and be ready for Saturday final stats for week 1!

@tdrjustus3 (late)
    @Juliemargaretkim (late)
    @jugar (excused late!)
    @AmyRobF (Friday)
    @Shexio (Friday)

Saturday:
    @evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48
    @eyezbydiana

While we were shopping, Evelyn (my sister @evelynladams527 !) and I had a good discussion about how hard it is to change our eating habits, the dreaded panic that accompanies the beginning of that change (every bloody time), and the long process of trial, error, and finally success. I am so glad she joined our team! I know I would never have been able to maintain these habits without it. Every day I admire the commitment, progress, plateaus, and just plain curiosity that keeps you here exploring this path. Thanks, everyone! I bragged about a lot of you today :heart:
This discussion has been closed.