Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Replies

• ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Pretty good week so far- weekend warrior this weekend, time to get those lights up!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Hey there! Just checking in here. Back in the gym today - no back pain - life is good!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    It's almost 2020. I seem to have regained most of what I lost in 2019, but definitely no higher than my previous maximum.
  • IAmGainingHealth
    IAmGainingHealth Posts: 18 Member
    Is your tread still going strong in 2020?

If so, I'd like in.
  • cathyfullerton
    cathyfullerton Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2020
    Kathy in Delaware here! 54 and newly separated. I lost 80 pounds and over 40 inches from 2010-2012 and then got “comfortable” and gained it back. Ugh. Taking it day by day and not gonna beat myself up. I do much better when I log my food. Looking to make new friends and for support. I’ll be here for you :)
  • svtrich4029
    svtrich4029 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in. I just started my weight loss journey Tuesday. I want to loss about 180-200
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Come on everyone, let's shake the dust off and head into February!
  • Jkerleygirl
    Jkerleygirl Posts: 2 Member
    I'm ready I'm new to my fitness pal and just started working out.I need to loose about 20 lbs! It seems impossible because I'm on insulin and it's making me gain weight! I'm looking for an accountability partner but I dont know how to add friends!
  • TonyB0588
    The 50s really go quickly. Another birthday next week.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Happy birthday! Keep smiling
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,353 Member
    @tonyb happy birthday in advance!!
    Been walking at lunch most of this month, silly me is signed up for a 1/2 on sunday (just going to walk, no running). But need something to keep motivated to keep going.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Kathy in Delaware here! 54 and newly separated. I lost 80 pounds and over 40 inches from 2010-2012 and then got “comfortable” and gained it back. Ugh. Taking it day by day and not gonna beat myself up. I do much better when I log my food. Looking to make new friends and for support. I’ll be here for you :)

Hi and welcome Kathy! Lost mine back in 2004/5 and it's been creeping back since. Now have over 40 needs to go. Trying to kick sugar out.
  • TonyB0588
    Happy birthday! Keep smiling

Thanks Ellen.
  • TonyB0588
    cory17 wrote: »
    @tonyb happy birthday in advance!!
    Been walking at lunch most of this month, silly me is signed up for a 1/2 on sunday (just going to walk, no running). But need something to keep motivated to keep going.

Cory, I walked yesterday evening with a painful leg. Don't want the weight coming back on, so I thought I should just push through and bear the pain
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Beautiful day here in Colorado, need to get OUTSIDE! Happy Super Bowl Sunday all...
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I'm ready I'm new to my fitness pal and just started working out.I need to loose about 20 lbs! It seems impossible because I'm on insulin and it's making me gain weight! I'm looking for an accountability partner but I dont know how to add friends!

To add friends on the desktop app on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

• tdalebar
    tdalebar Posts: 19 Member
    I know this is already February of 2020, but I actually restarted 4 or 5 months ago after being "off the wagon" since 2018. Would I qualify for your group? I need to be accountable for my actions AND inactions to like minded folk.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    tdalebar wrote: »
    I know this is already February of 2020, but I actually restarted 4 or 5 months ago after being "off the wagon" since 2018. Would I qualify for your group? I need to be accountable for my actions AND inactions to like minded folk.

Good luck!
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Have a great weekend everybody! Keep up the good work.