I’m really proud of myself

bear2303
bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
The title of this post was really hard for me to write, but overwhelmingly that is how I feel. I’ve lost over 40 lbs and now weigh what I did back in highschool which was 15 years ago!

Saying I’m proud of myself doesn’t come easily to me. I’m hard on myself by nature and I’ve always been the most hard on myself when it comes to my size and weight. I remember putting myself on a diet by the time I was 8 years old and writing a list of over 100 things that I’d want to change about myself by the time I was 11, my weight was always the top of the list. That mindset put me on a path of negative self-talk and disordered eating that I am still coping with today.

BUT this post isn’t about that. This post is about celebrating what I’ve done to hopefully break that cycle. As I said earlier I am now over 40 lbs down, feeling great and healthy and appreciating my body for what it is! I am absolutely still and will always be a work in progress but today I hit the goal that I’ve been trying to get to for almost 15 years!

How I did it:
No special diets, I ate what I wanted but counted cals using (duh) mfp! I worked on my portions and started eating breakfast and all but completely cut out eating out for lunch! I also started running/walking 3-4 times a week building up to doing 5 mile runs on weekends. I have two little kids so running is the most effective/cheapest/easiest way for me to get a workout in. I’d love to incorporate some strength training but haven’t done so yet. That’s next on my list!

Stats:
Female, age 33
5’3
SW 179
CW 135

lo6m4fi1vjs5.jpeg

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    @bear2303, congratulations on all your hard work, physically and emotionally! You are worth it! Well done! :heart:
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Well done... huge change!! You must be ecstatic - I would be.

Have you found it tough overall?

Also re breakfasts, I’ve found with myself.. a heavier breakfast makes my day so much easier food wise and calorie wise.

Good luck with the strength training drive!! 💪🏾
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    You should be proud, you've done fantastic and look incredible!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    You look amazing. You are gorgeous! You should be very proud of yourself, all your hard work is paying off
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    You have every right to be proud of yourself. You look amazing, and doing all of that with young children. Outstanding job.
  • Butterball4679
    Butterball4679 Posts: 13 Member
    Good job! All your hard work has paid off-you look fabulous!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Wow!! You are beautiful and look so healthy! Your stats are similar to mine. I’m 188 and 5’3” and I would love to get to 135! Great job!
  • bear2303
    Wow!! You are beautiful and look so healthy! Your stats are similar to mine. I’m 188 and 5’3” and I would love to get to 135! Great job!

You can do it! Believe me If I can do it so can you!
  • RunningIntoShape
    RunningIntoShape Posts: 19 Member
    @bear2303 What an awesome achievement. You should be proud of yourself. Stick with it. You look amazing.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Just now seeing this. You have rocked it, friend!! So awesome! <3
  • happysquatter
    happysquatter Posts: 91 Member
    bear2303 wrote: »
    I’m really proud of myself

And so you should be! That's some incredible discipline right there. Congrats on your ongoing success
  • bear2303

Thank you!!!!! Also is it totally weird that I feel like we know each other even though we’ve literally only ever communicated on these boards?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    bear2303 wrote: »

Thank you!!!!! Also is it totally weird that I feel like we know each other even though we’ve literally only ever communicated on these boards?

Not weird at all!!! :)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    I'm so inspired by you because I'm 5'3" and 158 on a good day. I want to get back to 135. It'll take time and effort. But I'm willing to do it.

Congratulations!
  • fitpal4242
    fitpal4242 Posts: 109 Member
    Wow- you look amazing! Congratulations on not only changing your body, but also your mindset. It’s so hard to get away from a place where you’re not treating yourself well.
  • najmuthakib
    najmuthakib Posts: 1 Member
    Amazing 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!