Failing to find motivation, needing outside support!

Hello- My name is Megan Brown and I am a 33 year old single mom and full time college student. I also work 2 jobs. I am in my senior year and about to graduate early. I did not realize that the freshman 15 is real no matter what age you are and ya turned into the senior 30. Before making the choice to go to college, I was a waitress so constantly moving and I did cross fit 5 days a week. I have never been skinny but I was thick/fit. I’m so mad when I look at pictures from them because when I thought I was really fat I was not. I am embarrassed and ashamed of what I look like. I am failing to find the motivation to work the macro program I am paying for and can not find any drive for the gym. I am looking for a community that is experiencing the same things. I would love to find motivation from others and maybe help motivate. If this sounds like something you are interested in please reach out!

Replies

• patricechavon
    patricechavon Posts: 11 Member
    I just started my weightloss journey yesterday. I have a great amount to lose. You're more than welcome to add me.
  • brown9965
    brown9965 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you got your reply! What made you start your journey?
  • kireler
    kireler Posts: 30 Member
    The motivation for me is that I want to be present for my kids wedding, I want to feel better, and I want to prove to myself that I can do it.

Stress is usually want gets me off the wagon...but I find myself back on. Example, I was about about 60-70 lbs lost last March, but family & work issues got me side tracked and I put on 30lbs. That is still 30lbs lost though, so YAY.

The HARDEST part is doing something when you don't want too...and if you do it, you usually feel MUCH better after. I.E. go for a walk, run, swim.

I read somewhere it's easy to start slow. Day 1: Do 1 push up, 1 sit-up, 1 crunch, 1 of whatever. Then add one every day.
    If you started today, you'd be doing 35 by Christmas!!! Even if you were able to do half of that, it's great.

hope any of this helps. :)

• TNClutchman
    TNClutchman Posts: 27 Member
    First off, let me say Congratulations on your achievement in school! You will be successful in your journey. One ounce at a time. Some people say, "one pound at a time". But I choose to say ounce, because every ounce matters. Keep on keeping on. If you have a slip up, shake it off and put it behind you. You can't undo, and don't dwell on it and beat yourself up over it. Get back to moving forward.
    Feel free to add me if you would like. I'm on my second go around here on MFP. I really need support and encouragement.
  • buddy352
    buddy352 Posts: 36 Member
    If you're looking for motivation. Youtube David Goggins. He is an amazing man with an amazing story. He has a great book out called "can't hurt me." I'm down 40lbs with his help. Hope this helps.
  • pigsrock137
    pigsrock137 Posts: 22 Member
    Just added you! And i recommend finding fitness youtubers thats been the biggest motivation for me to get started
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Good morning, one thing that helped me during my "down in the dumps" time was to stop beating myself up over what I did not do. I did not realize how it affected me and how often I did it. Now if I say a negative I follow it with a couple positives. Oh, I added all of you. Lol
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    I eat when I am stressed or emotional. Have not been able to stick to anything lately. I would love to get motivated together. Feel free to add me!