Non Scale Victories

Replies

• merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    edited November 2019
    Thanks DogMom!

You're welcome Connie -- I'm glad I have a positive impact on you, that makes me happy. Your constant cheering on my feed/elsewhere is similarly motivating, so thank you as well :)
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Despite the scale not moving things are happening I guess as I wore a top last night out to dinner that hadn't fit me last time I tried it on. Also kept within calories for dinner (hubby's birthday) and although I had enough for dessert decided not to "spend" them. And didn't have food envy when my son ordered a cointreau and chocolate mousse. Previously I would have ordered even though I wasn't hungry.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Loving reading these, especially the ones that are changes of habits, i think that is excellent progress.
    Changes in my attitude to food is currently stopping me undoing all my hard work.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Rock it out @conniewilkins56!!
  • Jackie9003
    Well done @amkita, that definitely qualifies as a NSV!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    downside: my thighs have been sore all day. apparently outdoor cycling and indoor cycling use different leg muscles.
  • Jackie9003
    amkita wrote: »
    downside: my thighs have been sore all day. apparently outdoor cycling and indoor cycling use different leg muscles.

the more you do it the easier it will become..... :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    We planned a trip before the surgery to mark what we believed and what turned out to be the end of the major hurdles of healing. We just got back. While away I purchased a souvenir shirt which is my first (another refirst) in at least 2 decades.

I am also happy to report that I did enough exercise and movement each day I was away to satisfy my normal daily goals. Of course I ate too much too but that is another story.

For some reason I am quite sore today which I do not completely understand unless I am sympathetically sore because of @amkita.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    We planned a trip before the surgery to mark what we believed and what turned out to be the end of the major hurdles of healing. We just got back. While away I purchased a souvenir shirt which is my first (another refirst) in at least 2 decades.

I am also happy to report that I did enough exercise and movement each day I was away to satisfy my normal daily goals. Of course I ate too much too but that is another story.

For some reason I am quite sore today which I do not completely understand unless I am sympathetically sore because of @amkita.

I do hope it's not sympathetic soreness!

day 2 post spinning, still slightly sore. dang. I signed up for another class this weekend, but hopefully the soreness won't be as bad the second time around.

muscles are really good at letting us know they haven't been used in a while. :/
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    amkita wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

I do hope it's not sympathetic soreness!

day 2 post spinning, still slightly sore. dang. I signed up for another class this weekend, but hopefully the soreness won't be as bad the second time around.

muscles are really good at letting us know they haven't been used in a while. :/

My soreness continues too. Slightly less than yesterday. I haven't done anything new which is why this is odd. The only thing that happened was a 4 day break from the elliptical. It may be partly due to the mass exodus of water weight that has begun.