Idk

So I'm a huge fan of CICO but when it comes to cheat days, I watch AlwaysHungry and she goes low calorie the day before and fasts the day of a cheat meal/meals.
Is this the way to go? She often trains with Nate Figgs aka her boyfriend FASTED right before the start of her cheat meals. Should i do the same if i want to damage control VIA not restricting during my cheat

Replies

• arizonaj22
    arizonaj22 Posts: 57 Member
    axsxmxa wrote: »
    Livia (AlwaysHungry) is not a good example of how to eat.

She used to struggle with an eating disorder, and I'll be honest with you, I'm not entirely convinced she's recovered. She's shown what she eats throughout the week before and it honestly just seems like huge volumes of "salad" (packets and packets of various salad leaves with small amounts of sriracha or whatever for flavour), and then gorges on 10-15,000 calories of junk food once a week. The girl is tiny and actually appears to be getting even thinner, which doesn't add up considering the huge food binge she's going on once a week. To be honest, the vast majority of the "Cheat Day" YouTubers are bad examples; eating tens of thousands of calories in one go, once a week, is unhealthy.

I'm gonna second what PAV8888 above has said - if you want to over-indulge one day of the week, sure, bank a few calories (in other words, eat under your calorie goal by maybe 100 calories each day of the week), saving yourself an extra 500-600 ish calories for one special day of the week. There's a few people on this site who this works very well for. I would not recommend having cheat days the same way that Livia/Nate Figgs/Nick Dompierre/any other cheat day YouTuber does. That all-out, 10,000 calorie cheat day will ruin your weight loss journey and leave you heavier than you started.

Also, simply fasting/eating low calorie or working out fasted before a huge cheat day will not offset the damage. That's not how this works.

I'm not trying to lose weight though. Just minimizing damage
  • axsxmxa
    axsxmxa Posts: 15 Member
    arizonaj22 wrote: »

She used to struggle with an eating disorder, and I'll be honest with you, I'm not entirely convinced she's recovered. She's shown what she eats throughout the week before and it honestly just seems like huge volumes of "salad" (packets and packets of various salad leaves with small amounts of sriracha or whatever for flavour), and then gorges on 10-15,000 calories of junk food once a week. The girl is tiny and actually appears to be getting even thinner, which doesn't add up considering the huge food binge she's going on once a week. To be honest, the vast majority of the "Cheat Day" YouTubers are bad examples; eating tens of thousands of calories in one go, once a week, is unhealthy.

I'm gonna second what PAV8888 above has said - if you want to over-indulge one day of the week, sure, bank a few calories (in other words, eat under your calorie goal by maybe 100 calories each day of the week), saving yourself an extra 500-600 ish calories for one special day of the week. There's a few people on this site who this works very well for. I would not recommend having cheat days the same way that Livia/Nate Figgs/Nick Dompierre/any other cheat day YouTuber does. That all-out, 10,000 calorie cheat day will ruin your weight loss journey and leave you heavier than you started.

Also, simply fasting/eating low calorie or working out fasted before a huge cheat day will not offset the damage. That's not how this works.

Ahh, my bad, I shouldn't have just assumed.

Aside from saying "weight loss journey", though, everything else I said still stands.

I can't tell you what to do, that's your choice, but if you're hellbent on having huge cheat days and simply want to know if eating low calorie/fasting the day before or working out fasted before a cheat day will minimise damage, simply put: no, no it won't.
  • arizonaj22
    arizonaj22 Posts: 57 Member
    arizonaj22 wrote: »

Ahh, my bad, I shouldn't have just assumed.

Aside from saying "weight loss journey", though, everything else I said still stands.

I can't tell you what to do, that's your choice, but if you're hellbent on having huge cheat days and simply want to know if eating low calorie/fasting the day before or working out fasted before a cheat day will minimise damage, simply put: no, no it won't.

Sorry I should have posted it with prior info sorry :wink:
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    I wouldn't follow anybody eating patterns. Just adjust your diet according! I definitely believe in CICO! If you must have cheated days to balance out weekly goals then your not dieting smart. 2 Me there's no cheat day * just enjoy all the foods you like in moderation and your food patterns will balance whether you are in maintenance or still losing... I wouldn't eat less on my workout days by far no means* u need to up protein and carbs for energy and keeping muscle mass.Just friendly advice; I hope your supplementing additives to your diet to meet all macros. Just think healthy in the long overall picture...
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    As someone on this journey for a very long time, my nugget of wisdom is that you need to discover what works and feels good for your body. I was once a personal trainer and I saw how something that works for one person often will not work in the same way -- or sometimes at all -- for another. We all have so many differences, ranging from lifestyle, to chemical makeup, to DNA, to stress, to sleep, to our emotional bodies, and so much more.

Discovering what feels good and works takes time..and sometimes shifts and you have to go back to the drawing board. Don't be afraid to experiment and discover. Learn your body. That is my best advice for the weight loss journey.