Serial Starters

Replies

• frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    edited December 2019
    Lynn well done. Leading the way, that inspires me.

Also Sara your resilience is amazing. Well done for standing up for things not being done properly.

Lana - have a great break.

Had an awful week but it’s ended well today. So exhausted. I’m going to sleep so soundly tonight. *kitten* cat is hopefully getting well on medicine now given and I have high hopes to
    Do things for me this weekend. I will get out and exercise xxx

Waves to all in their struggle and battles with weight. xxx
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    I quietly told my trainer that if I was not going to make 90 day probation to not bother getting me a faster computer. It makes no sense. She went and talked to the Sup and I was told to contact IT and see how to make my computer work faster- I have one of the oldest in the building - and how much work I got done at my last job was held against me - rolling my eyes.

Miss T got herself in a nest of ants and I had to quickly get them off her. Still watching but I think I got them all. She likes her new bed.

I am hoping to get a lot of sleep this weekend.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

First rain in new place. Puddle outside door so get a really thick door mat.

Up in the middle of the night and dog let me sleep in which was appreciated. Sleep is key this weekend and I will do as much as I can. My place looks worse than ciaos - is there a word for that?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Good morning All~~

Just a quick check-in. There is SO much snow up here in Schenectady, NY. Piles of it everywhere. And here I was thinking that cousin and I would be able to go walking. Ha! You cannot find the sidewalks!

So, this is me throwing snowballs at all of you who stop by later on.
    Sara is exempt from snowballs, as she has enough stuff getting thrown at her at work.

😜

Lana
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Stay nice and warm Lana! Sounds freezing! xx
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA. Technical issues...MFP issues...blah I am so far behind on posts...

Sara- sorry for all your chaos...with them moving forward with upgrading computer at work, sounds positive that you will make your 90 days...

Went home last weekend. Definitely a rough visit. Gma had just finished her 1st round of chemo and, I think it really took a toll on her. When I met up with Mom, she mentioned Gma had a “spell” she couldn’t get up. She was in so much pain, she had to have help to stand. Gpa had a chair ( he refused to use) that helps you stand. Once we found the missing cord (in closet, cuz that makes sense) she fell in love with the chair. Mom and I got her, grab bars to help herself up off toilet. She still struggled. Until, we got her a lifted toilet seat (don’t know what it’s called. But, yer not sitting on the floor) she said, that’s the best Christmas gift she’s got in years! Ahhh the little (yet, big) things. Mom says, she is doing much better. She was so worried about having to go to nursing home.

Today, I took a HUGE step out of my comfort zone. I did my first ever event with Scentsy. It was small, but perfect for me. My wonderful friend came and stayed all day with me. She is very outgoing and chatty. My polar opposite. It was a good day. Met some wonderful people and hopefully, potential new customers. Made enough to cover my fee and a little more. So, it was worth it, I think...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    Dawn all the items you discussed I am familiar with and are very helpful, does she have a walker with brakes and a seat?

Hey you get extra points for going out of your comfort zone!! B) Businesses are built with small steps - keep going.

Does your gma have grab bars on the wall alongside the toilet as well (on wall and bathroom sink wall for example)?? They also have what looks like large walkers that go around toilet and help with the up and down. Nursing home fear is helping me to throw away things before someone else has to go through them - that fear is almost universal and may be a motivator for your gma.

Found silverware which may not mean much except I dont have to buy plastic tomorrow...... Will make fresh blueberry w/ricotta oatmeal for a couple breakfasts this coming week. It was a blueberry cheesecake oatmeal recipe listed in a men's health magazine (only English magazine at the Korean hair salon).

Lana - thank you I will sit and watch the snowball fight with hot chocolate. <3

• Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Sleep is one of my priorities today. Luckily not much on my to do list.

Wondering last night what kind of health habits I can create now so that 2020 will be a better year.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~

Dawn - Congrats on your going outside of your comfort zone. Also, it's good to hear some positive words about how your grandmother is doing. 💖

Sara - that's funny about the only English magazine in a Korean salon! 😜

As Sara said, let's all work together to get some 2020 healthy habits going.
    My one idea would be to create a standard ideal grocery list or "have on hand" list and, to start, three general meals that are on program and make several servings, some to freeze.
    Whatever I can do to best set myself up to stay on program.

Waving to Kathryn and Missy and Tracy in Tenn. and Nikki and Laura and AnnLiz and Tracey in Edmonton and Saltine and Runa and Lynnnnnnn and anyone else who stops by later on.

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

no scale at cousin's house--Yay!
  • arniedog74
    Sara- we put the one grab bar on wall next to toilet....we got a shorter one, also.. just couldn't seem to get it to work on tile... and, she has a "tub surround" which has a couple places she can use to pull herself up.. my next worry, is her not being able to get in and out... thinking of mentioning checking into a walk in tub.... so far, that hasn't seemed to be an issue.. glad you find silverware and that oatmeal sounds interesting... hope you are able to rest up, today..

Lana- hope you are staying warm.. chilly here today, but no snow.. yet
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn does gma have a bath chair?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale up today - gee potato chips and crackers hmmm.....

Sleeping better and longer at night which is a nice change.

Learning new stuff today. May not be able to lurk.

Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited December 2019
    Heat out again at work. Its a balmy 62 degrees in my office at the moment and I am in a cardigan, blanket, and have space heater going. Its also dismal, gray, cold, and pouring down rain outside. Happy Monday! B)

Still dealing with some after effects from the food poisoning. Lots of stomach cramps. May be headed back to doctor again. My appetite and tastebuds seem to be missing as well. Would like to think this would drop my weight drastically but it hasn't. Not sure if that is something to be worried about.
  • arniedog74
    Dawn does gma have a bath chair?

Yes, she does. She has had it for awhile. Thankfully
  • arniedog74
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Heat out again at work. Its a balmy 62 degrees in my office at the moment and I am in a cardigan, blanket, and have space heater going. Its also dismal, gray, cold, and pouring down rain outside. Happy Monday! B)

Still dealing with some after effects from the food poisoning. Lots of stomach cramps. May be headed back to doctor again. My appetite and tastebuds seem to be missing as well. Would like to think this would drop my weight drastically but it hasn't. Not sure if that is something to be worried about.

Hope you feel better, soon. I'm sure, shivering from the cold at work isn't helping.. hugs
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello! Caught up.
    Nikki One of the first posts was your great job Lynn for two days of staying in line. That was my streak - 2 days. Heres to working for 3 this week :smile:
    Sara - wow! you have so much going on. Take a breath and organize your place one day at a time. It is your great new place- make it yours and make it great! Glad you doggo is good with it all.
    Lana - enjoy the snow. Snowshoes maybe?
    Dawn - sorry to hear about your Gramma. She is very lucky to have your support!
    Kathryn - Hello! Sorry you are still suffering with the food poisoning. That is a long time!
    Waves to all who stop by.
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Sara - I am so glad to hear that you are sleeping better and longer--good for you!
    By the way - Joāo has told me that indeed, the card you sent did get forwarded along. He will bring it by once I am back in NC on Thursday!
    I've heard that he is quite the dance instructor, and he'll be doing our Wednesday Happy Hour. 💃🕺🏽
    He's bringing feather boas for all of us, in case it's a tad chilly by the pool.

Lynn - let's hear it for the streaks! Keep at it! I'm tagging along.....Never underestimate the power of a short streak followed by a short streak ......far better than no streaks!

Kathryn - Eat yogurt and take some good probiotics! I hope that your system resets itself soon! As for work....hang in there. Walk around every 30 minutes or so to get the blood moving. Drink lots of water if you are sitting in front of a heater and getting dehydrated. Alejandro is coming with hand and face moisturizer.

Dawn - sending warmth out to west of the Mississippi.

Goodness girls - what's for dinner?

Maybe some ham and spinach salad here with a big glass of milk here.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Kathyrn, drink hot water to get your water for the day and stay warm too?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Electric bill showed I owed for 2 months. Went to bank, my November amount cleared, so I set up next bill and tore up check. Lean month with moving, I would rather have that to keep things from bouncing than give them extra $$.

Long day - training tomorrow.

• Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Up in middle of night but not willing to get out of bed. Hoping for a little more ZZZ before dog walk.

"Comfort without eating food" is my new motto. Looking for comfort that does not involve food so I can focus on the nutrition of it.

Training for part of day - lurk when I am not.

Wave to all who follow.