40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Good day kids. I had block deadlifts and pretty proud of my progress until one side rolled off onto my toes. I had on dead lift slippers and needless to say, the pain stopped me in my tracks. Plenty of ice to numb the obvious throb. The blocks were fairly new and did not have enough wear on them that would allow the weight to sit on it properly. Can you say OUCH?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Be careful in the gym, Kym! I have dropped plates on toes (just due to general klutziness). Hope you're back to lifting soon!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    Tweaked my back on the third set of deadlifts last week. Stopped immediately that day. I didn't let that keep me from working out, though. Deadlifted light today and should be back to the regular program next week.
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    I did a mild run in the cold on Saturday.
    Yesterday was Chest & Tris at the gym.
    Today was Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 9! 60#!
  • PaotonuR
    PaotonuR Posts: 4 Member
    Hello - yep I belong to this club. I'm 46 years old and started running seriously 3 years ago. Good to read about people's fitness journey in this group.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Threshold test week is done and today is a rest day. (Yay!) Ramping up the swim/bike volume as I begin a true pre-season program. Even starting to inch up the run/walk. Moved from 1min run/3min walk protocol to a 3/3 ratio and a slightly higher speed. Its not much, but its progress.
  • alteredsteve175
    Back in the gym this morning. Back pain seems to be gone. The usual warmup and stretching. Did box squats with a 60 lb. kettlebell. Bench presses. Finished with some weighted carries with two 28 kg kettlebells. I'll feel that in my forearms tomorrow.
  • gam3rguy
    Chest & tris this morning.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 10 now!!!

Ok...today was my last appointment with the orthopedic doctor. He said all is good. He said to keep progressing slowly, but I don’t have any limitations. Just to be “smart”...my BIGGEST challenge.
    So...here’s progress pics. One is 4 weeks post surgery, the other is just a couple days ago. So, I’m getting there. Hard work and ice cream every day!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    Good luck, djproulx
  • Beeps2011
    Wow, caramel, that does sound painful! Ouch!!
  • Beeps2011
    I have not hit the gym in a month (for weights) due to work. That LENGTH of a break has not happened for YEARS.

I am really scared to go back....
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Lao Tzu....The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. You can do eeeet!!!!...lol
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    gamer guy - there are not enough likes in the world for that progress...that is amazing...I am in awe, more than a little jealous, plus a little fluttery in the heart...great work!!!
  • gam3rguy
    gamer guy - there are not enough likes in the world for that progress...that is amazing...I am in awe, more than a little jealous, plus a little fluttery in the heart...great work!!!

thanks! :) I still have work to do...
    this morning was legs at the gym.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Today was supposed to be leg day, but at my age if I don't hit the hot tub immediately after then I am useless the rest of the day, lol. Today I didn't have time for that, tomorrow I will, so I swapped today's leg day til tomorrow in favor of tomorrow's push day (pecs, delts, tris).
  • caramelgyrlk
    edited December 2019
    Hey kids, hope all is well. I am dealing with some tenderness in my right shoulder. I took a few days to rest it. I am supposed to max out on Friday and may ride this one out. Cryotherapy is helping immensely. For giggles, I had pictures and a video taken of me in it. Enjoy my varied faces in -110 degrees Celsius. 3 minutes is not a lot of time except when you're freezing your hind quarters off (lol). Yeah yeah I know I get bored easily and find myself in these crazy situations (Do you remember naked yoga beeps and gam3rguy?). I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • caramelgyrlk
    6wubvax8aish.jpg
  • caramelgyrlk
    sit0ylc467e1.jpg