New food establishment looking to add to database

Options
I have been using MyFitnessPal for a while now to log my own meals. I am opening a health bar soon and wondered how I go about appearing on there as a restaurant so I can have all of my meals available on the database.

I have successfully added two items from our menu but you literally have to type the entire name of the meal plus our establishment for them to appear. Is there of making our meals accessible through our business name?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I believe you would have to enter each food yourself. I’m pretty sure that Olive Garden, for example, doesn’t have one of their staff log into mfp to enter their menu options.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Depending on the name of your place, if it isn't common or contain common words in the database already, you should be able to search it by the name of your establishment. For instance, if I type in "Red Robin" all the foods entered under Red Robin or "red" or "robin" will come up. The "Red Robin" ones come up first, but then yeah you have to type in the name of the food or scroll through the whole list. Not all the Red Robin foods are in there, only the ones someone entered, and they certainly aren't all entered correctly.

If I type in (for instance) "Papacitas" I get two items returned. But if I type, "Papa," "citas," "bread," I get hundreds of returns for the three words or the word combo or just one word.

Most Mom and Pop places are not in the database unless their owner entered the stuff or unless one of their customers took the time to try it.

• dantough
    dantough Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I have no issue entering all of our meal options manually. Our name isn't very unique (Clean Eats) as loads come up when I enter that but I will instruct our customers how to best find each meal and once they have added it, it will appear regularly.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    dantough wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. I have no issue entering all of our meal options manually. Our name isn't very unique (Clean Eats) as loads come up when I enter that but I will instruct our customers how to best find each meal and once they have added it, it will appear regularly.

I have my personal foods listed with a special qualifier. That might be an option for you? Like use "Clean Eats dantough 1414" or something unique. There are Zero returns for "dantough".

Oh, and make sure you click the special button/radio button/tick box to "share food to [public] database" (or whatever it says...) when you create your new foods - otherwise only you will be able to see it.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    Points out that you might benefit from more distinct company branding

Even "Dan Eats" / "Dan Eats Clean" beats "Do Nuts" or "Clean Do Nuts" :lol:

*Can be used royalty Free but would appreciate a lifetime 50% discount for worldwide use once well established!!!

*And I do hope that all items are well washed-cause "clean"!!! :wink:
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Even "Dan Eats" / "Dan Eats Clean" beats "Do Nuts" or "Clean Do Nuts" :lol:

Or, dare I suggest “Dan Eats Clean Nuts”? It has a certain ring to it. 🤔