Monthly Strength Training Check In (with pictures), Join Me

Replies

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Month 2: Operation Time

My thoughts this month has been the operation and the recovery period, knowing that am a bad patient I did not want to try anything too soon and 'undo' any stitches.

So after the operation had a miserable time trying not to hurt myself, focused on my math course,

Had scored well on a 'mock' exam so was put forward on a higher level course.

My ancient PC decided to have a 'break', could not fully fix it, just managed to keep it going.

Though I could take a video of myself, I could not manipulate the snapshots to post in this forum.

Now playing catch up.

So here is February's photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.
    jjmvzei0hq2b.png
  • Styggian

Month 3: Math Mania

Still recovering.

My PC is still not fully fixed English & Math exam are a priority at this time.

Towards the end of the month I did some gentle walking & cycling, also attended some social events and relaxed my control, on eating sweet stuff, know that I will be paying the 'exercise' price later :)

So here is March's photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.

Weight seems to be accumulating around my belly & bottom, my calories in calories out formula is not quite correct at the moment, going to be so much fun to get it back off :smiley:
    2m79frhcm811.png
  • Styggian

Month 4: Math Mania on Steroids

Finally figured the fault on my PC, fixed it, but did not have the time to process the screenshots.

All my focus is on passing my exams, I passed English and am awaiting the results of my math exam, don't think am going to finish the math course early, so will be there till end of July, am determined to pass it then.

Felt a bit more confident at my recovery from the operation and gradually increased my physical activity, more cycling and introduced to short runs into my exercise routine.

Not really dieting but still have the habit of logging everything I eat.

So here is April's photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.

The proof that am not focused on my diet
    chk1rmd8sn2k.png
  • Styggian
    Month 5: Math is still on my Mind

Bank Holiday here, decided to take a break from math and update this post, hence all the photos uploaded in one session.

Will get my math exam results next week, 99% sure that I failed (yes I can do percentages ;-)

So till July my total focus will be on passing the exam, but processing all the photos has shown me how much weight I have put on (My mirror was lying to me, think it's sponsored by a chocolate & cake manufacturer)

So here is May's photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.

Going to start to plan my meals a bit more. Won't do anything major till the end of July, will have a soft goal of getting to close to 70Kg as I can.
    w1dff7m2s98a.png
  • Styggian
    edited June 2019
    Month 6: Exams Finally Over

All exams have been completed, passed Math and English am awaiting the confirmation results of my IT User Skills exam.

AS mentioned in my previous posts, during the period of having a hernia operation and studying, my weight has increase from 65Kg - 67Kg to 74Kg to 76Kg range.

At this new weight, I seem a lot stronger, also by my Parkrun results, my cardio is improving.

However, I don't look so sleek in the photos, still have a soft target of 70Kg and will keep an eye on my WT v performance ratio.

So here is June's photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.
    7vqor7camdml.png

• Styggian
    Month 7: Hectic

Life has been a bit fast paced for me, yes that's my excuse for the lateness of this monthly check :)

The main culprit is job hunting, is taking a lot of my time.

Thoughts of fitness and dieting are truly on the 'back burner'

So my soft goal of getting to 70Kg has not been achieved.

However the good news is that my running time, measured on a weekly Parkrun is improving and my knees don't ache at this weight.

But am looking quite 'pudding like' in my photos so the chance of being 'discovered' by Men's Health or other fitness magazine have diminished by a factor of 1000.

As for weight/strength training, I can happily report I moved the weights when doing the hoovering.

My goal is still to get a job, but am going to make a WT goal of 74Kg for my next check in.

So here is July's photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used, honestly.
    teqogxeal5nr.png
  • Styggian
    Month 8: Went to a party and paid the 'Calorie' price

Had a long weekend away from home, celebrating a friend's birthday.

Back home now looking a bit more like a Jelly pudding. My target of 74Kg was missed.

Time for me to get weight training done, get some tone in my muscles.

Parkrun tomorrow, will see how much the alcohol has impacted on my cardio.

My WT goal of 74Kg for my next check in, still stands.

So here is August's photos, as ever no photo enhancements have been used, honestly.
    v1bld3iibuac.png
  • Styggian
    Month 9: Hectic month, finally got a job

Made a big push to get a job, so lost focus on my eating routine.

However did manage to keep up with my weekly Parkrun sessions.

Towards the end of the month, had a few issues with my pc and internet, fortunately the machine was

still in warranty, unfortunately it seems to be taking ages for me to get the laptop back.

Again I missed my target of 74Kg, do my this month's goal is still 74Kg

So here is September's progress photo, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.
    llokpte06s5r.png
  • Styggian
    Month 10: Routine problem

Can't settle into a routine, I seem to be reacting to the chaos in my daily life.

This has effected my motivation, to train and eat correctly.

So once again I missed my target of 74Kg, have maintained at 75Kg, but looking at the check in photos am looking flabby.

Going to work through this, first step am not buying anything with processed sugar, will use nuts as 'treats'
    Let's see if I can make 74Kg next month.

So here is October's progress photo, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.
    lgjo7skq1zal.png
  • Styggian
    Month 11: No to Processed Sugar

Been a very busy month, omitting processed sugar from my diet seems to have worked, for the last
    two weeks my weight has been 74Kg.

Due to work, my fitness routine has been interrupted, strength training is still a weakness, looks like I am
    going to miss my goals for joining a indoor climbing wall and doing a 6hr bike ride, this will have to be a
    target for next year.

My WT goal for next month is to get to 73Kg

So here is November's progress photo, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.
    sr2ck40xjx6j.png
  • Styggian
    Month 12: Work & Cold Weather

Another busy month, the processed sugar fast continued to reduce my WT and I hit my 73Kg goal.

Fitness routine took a hit this month, but was quite active at work.

My WT goal for next month is not to get above 75Kg after indulging in the holiday celebrations.

So here is December's progress photo, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.
    azp0ie7f17r0.png
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Looking good there!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    Honestly, the change seems more apparent than just 1kg. Hard work paying off.
  • Styggian
    @nicsflyingcircus

Thanks a lot, been a hectic year, hoping I can focus more on my fitness in the future, got to sort work life out.
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    Wow! great job @Styggian Very realistic and super motivating for that reason. I'm really trying to build muscle too.Thanks for being inspiring!
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    At 50-sumthin, I weigh 200 lbs. Dont know what the 'max's 1-rep is, but I squat cupple hunnert repeatedly, bench press cupple hunnert repeatedly, and deadlift cupple hunnert easily.
    Which, ya gotta admit, would be considered pretty darn impressive for a teen girl. NO, WAIT .... 😳 🤔
  • Styggian
    @therealmarceline Thanks for the positive comments, you have inspired me NOT to celebrate too hard over the coming holidays
  • Styggian
    @jeffjeff85
    Congratulations on your weight training, you're more advanced than me, at the moment the only time I move my weights is when I clean the carpet.

For the New Year I am trying to decide weather to do more cleaning or a more traditional weight training routine :)
  • Styggian

January: Fell Off the Wagon

After my 'processed sugar' fast, I indulged in the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Rediscovered cheesecake, the result; my WT has reached 79Kg.

So the goal this month is to reverse the upward trend of my WT.

This year I want to focus on strength work, as last year my work in this area was pathetic.

So embarrassingly my January photo's are up, as ever no photo enhancements have been used.

I added last month photo for easier comparison
    azp0ie7f17r0.png
    xccu667qvqdm.png
  • Styggian
    February: Slow Start

Work & family have kept my focus away from fitness

On a processed sugar fast, until the 22nd, current WT 76Kg.

Started my running again, however still not got into any strength training routine, work in progress.

Still looking a bit flabby in the photos. next month's goal will be 75Kg
    pwgp0xp608ko.png