Positive things in our lives!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Positives for 4th Dec
    • My OH returned from business trip in the UK, so was nice to see him.
    • I made an attempt at a new soup without a recipe and it turned out great (details below if anyone is a fan of homemade soups for lunch)
    • The work task that has plagued me for the last couple of days finally went as planned.

Garlicky Aubergine & Mushroom Soup
    Approx 220 cals per portion (creamy)/ 100 cals per portion (dairy free version)
    • 4 Roasted Aubergines (I pop them in the microwave for 5-8 mins) and then roast in the oven for around 25 mins. Peeled with a spoon and excess water squeezed out in a sieve.
    • 1 pack Chestnut Mushrooms, roughly chopped
    • 2 Large Brown Onions, sliced
    • 20ml Vegetable Oil
    • 400ml Vegetable Stock
    • 3-4 cloves Garlic
    • 200ml Double Cream (can be omitted for lower cal/dairy free option)
    • Salt & Pepper to own taste

Heat oil in pan add onions and soften/lightly brown and add mushrooms.

Blitz aubergines and garlic in food processor, set aside in a bowl.

Blitz onions and mushrooms in food processor and then add all but the cream, bring back to boil and then add cream, give it a good stir and simmer for around 20 mins and salt/pepper it.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    @conniewilkins56 AW, thanks for starting this thread :blush:

My positive post is to attend my second appointment with a therapist today to talk about depression.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    hansep0012 wrote: »
    @conniewilkins56 AW, thanks for starting this thread :blush:

My positive post is to attend my second appointment with a therapist today to talk about depression.

Last Spring I had a very serious go at depression...I am the last person anyone would expect to have it....I had such a horrible feeling of being completely overwhelmed with everything.....I didn’t feel suicidal but I felt so lonely and I felt like everything in my life was out of my control...my doctor helped me so much to find the right meds and the dosage....we finally settled on one for anxiety, pain, and depression...and then I joined MFP, started losing weight, meds kicked in and I honestly feel better than I have in years!...I am back in control....still have some demons and a little OCD and my binge problems and food addiction but I don’t drink,drug, or smoke lol....I sincerely hope you get the help you need and want to get thru this..there really is a rainbow on the other side!...hugs
  • kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    Another positive for today:
    We are getting a puppy today! He is a 10 week old Great Pyrenees. He’s going to need a lot of exercise and walks, so in addition to being squishy and adorable, I will have no choice in taking walks on my day off! Win win ❤️
  • tinkerbellang83
    Positives from the Weekend
    • My reverse advent calendar/charity collection is going well - lots of nice things to hand into one of our local charities that helps the homeless and families who are struggling to make ends meet.
    • Had a great day out watching the rugby on Saturday, got in around 15000 steps getting to/from the Stadium.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Positives from 9th December
    • There was a beautifully clear star-filled sky when I went for my row yesterday evening.
    • I really enjoyed my dinner - Lemon & Herb Crumbed Hake with Veg.
    • I slept like the dead.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Had a really nice day with my youngest son today. Went out of town to visit him as he's in the middle of a big training block. It was a gorgeous day so after he took me through a weights session at his gym we went to the beach. He still had some HIIT sessions, a ghosting session and a solo to do, so I went for a long walk. We then had dinner on the beach. So I managed 15,233 steps, did some weights and had a game of squash. We are both missing his brother who headed to Washington DC today from the UK. Counting down the days until he's home. Got the news yesterday that he's going back to England in Feb, semi-permanently, so still digesting that!
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    maiomaio71 wrote: »
    Had a really nice day with my youngest son today. Went out of town to visit him as he's in the middle of a big training block. It was a gorgeous day so after he took me through a weights session at his gym we went to the beach. He still had some HIIT sessions, a ghosting session and a solo to do, so I went for a long walk. We then had dinner on the beach. So I managed 15,233 steps, did some weights and had a game of squash. We are both missing his brother who headed to Washington DC today from the UK. Counting down the days until he's home. Got the news yesterday that he's going back to England in Feb, semi-permanently, so still digesting that!

@maiomaio71 the recap of your day sounded just wonderful to me because it included family, activity, time for reflection and just felt balanced. Good for you. I am learning to "count the days" as I have one son currently deployed to the far corners of the world and one that will begin his off-site training for his new job as a Game Warden, so I'll be missing two sons for an extended period of time. Hugs to you!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Positives from this weekend
    • Had a great catch up with friends on Saturday
    • Finished the week about 2lbs actual weight down and around 0.5lbs trend weight down despite Christmas party Sat.
    • Got some strength training done over the weekend.
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    I posted in the grumble page so I need to post here. I have a flight on Sunday. I am still going to be larger than most people but I should feel a lot more comfortable than I did for my last flight at the end of August. I was in a tight size 20W jeans then and this time I'm going to be wearing size 18 (US) jeans. Four and a half hours won't fly by (no pun intended) being at this size but I'm sure being over 30 pounds smaller will help...it sure won't hurt.

I think you'll notice a difference!
  • maiomaio71
    I get to watch my son play for his country as a senior for the first time tomorrow! Streamed, as we couldn't afford to go to DC, but very proud! Hopefully it's the first game of many for NZ.
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    I had two flights this past week. My flight out was very open, no rows had middle seats occupied. My flight back was fully booked. I was in size 18 jeans and fit in the seat without a huge amount of discomfort and feeling the person next to me (eg me spilling over onto their seat).
    Also I realized one of my interview for the job I start in January was back on Sept 6. I started this on Sept 8 so my 256 weight was who he met. I will be at or near 215 when I start in January. I am curious if he'll notice. It's a lot of weight but I'm not sure it's noticable weight.
    Lastly, I put this on another page but so what - I found the love of my life. It was instant and mutual and we are thrilled and super at ease.
    Crazy two weeks.
  • maiomaio71
    @FitByFifty1970 congrats!