JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited December 2019
    Recap M 12/9
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,360 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 39 floors (lots during evening ~ see #4) :smiley:
    2) Eating at my desk today (crummy weather & hubby has appt) / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories green :mrgreen: , sodium green :smiley: , sugar green :smiley: , fiber & protein low :s , 12c water
    3) Complete PA-RM :) lots more detail to review than I realized & submit for review / discuss BK request for participation in meeting :) LC to send Ted; I may need to keep reminding her / catch up Inbox (again) :neutral: keeping even
    4) Evening: Advent devotional :smiley: / decorate :smiley: finally starting to look like Christmas inside the house / put away clean dishes :) / make apple crisp no time/ other? decluttered & dusted as I decorated, took all clean laundry upstairs & put away. :) Drizzle finally changed over to snow late afternoon & challenging drive home from work but took it slow & no incidents. Didn't shovel inch or two of snow since it ended later & I was tired out from decorating, plus hubby said he would when he got home from work. <3
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :( 11:00 but at least I was able to fall asleep right away (think my meds were causing me to stay awake previous nights)

JFT T 12/10 ~ Throat still scratchy & energy levels not 100% so being gentle with myself. No morning workout.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Late lunch & 1:30 call w/ financial guy & hubby / PA-RM office summarization & submit for review / catch up Inbox from sick days / start PA-F
    4) Evening: Advent devotional / decorate more / wash dishes / make apple crisp / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20

My replacement Fitbit is working but doesn't seem to hold a charge for as long as the old one. New one was in package for year+. A bother to recharge so frequently, hoping that resolves itself as I continue to use it.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Just checked my calories so far for today. It's 11:30 and already at 1200.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print rosters to log suspensions (may not exempt).
    3. Class 1: Project work. Check in with students; project due Friday. Grade Socratics.
    4. Class 2-3: Project work. Check in with students; project due Friday. Grade one-pagers. Chew out students who plagiarized.
    5. Planning: Schedule units for S2. Read 20 pages of Choice theory. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run. Check on B. Email student. Message Z. Clean off table. Wash cups.
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow. Prep & portion cheese. Pack lunch. Put books to take to library in car.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Sun Dec 8 1:15. Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing. I haven't decided if I'm going to run today. It's supposedly rainy and cold back at the house, so we'll see. I didn't bring my gear to run inside at school today because I have a book on hold at the library and if I don't pick it up today I may not have another chance until it gets sent back to the library that shipped it to mine! So it may be yoga inside. I can definitely benefit from the balance practice!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Two more waters before leaving work ✔
    2. Eat packed lunch ✔
    3. No Candy at work ✔
    4. Prelog - Log all food if any changes ✔
    5. Cook dinner at home ✔
    6. Make lunch for DH tomorrow check
    7. Two daily essentials; cat/cow and inversion 👎
    8. Shower tonight, dry hair ✔
    9. Pick out clothes for seminar and set them out ✔
    10. Set alarm for 4:00 (ugh) ✔
    11. Bed by 9, lights out by 9:30 ✔

Survived the day, with terrible eating. But almost home and ready to crash! No JFT today will check in again tomorrow. Hope you all had a great day!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,805 Member
    I have been working into the night the last three nights to get our order completed for tomorrow morning, but we did it! 139 ornaments ready to be gifted!

Very nice! :)

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Be in the green with a deficit >:)Was feeling down in the evening so shared Christmas chocolates with boyfriend. Overall was within maintenance, at least
    - 4+ bottles water >:)Struggling with water at the mo, not sure why
    - Run to work :)

- No eating whilst standing :|
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :|
    - Give myself credit! :|
    - Stay positive :|

- Have a lunch break :smiley:
    - Finish work by 6.30pm :smile:
    - Ring mum >:)She was out and it got late
    - Gratitude journal >:) Forgot again
    - Lights off by 11 >:)Was naughty and watched doctor who till late

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 3+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    edited December 2019
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8; #4: -2
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    09/12: CW: 148.6 :-2.2
    Still keeping at it!!!
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT: Tue 10 Dec
    Goals: 🎄 Managing to stay under goal, but too many indulgent choices.
    Activities:
    • 10.30am: Craft Group Christmas Party 🎄
    • Laundry🎄
    • Organise Christmas Week schedule 🎄in progress

JFT: Wed 11 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: grocery shopping
    • Work on Patchwork (I am almost ready to put this together. Photo to follow)
    • Work on Christmas cards
    • Organise Christmas Week schedule

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    (I'm extending this Personal Challenge)
    Stay under goal until Christmas Eve
    Days Under: 34/36

The key is spoil yourself once you have achieved your aims and goals or do an act of kindness. Either way it helps you...
    If you have more calories one day compensate the next day.
    If you can exercise that helps burn the calories or simple strength exercises help.
    I have 1 stone to loose. Thanks to fitness pal I can enjoy anything within my calories and the incentives are amazing.
    Anyone taking the plunge to change their life are amazing in whatever capacity. Some weeks I gained or maintained. I just started again the following day.
    Happy Christmas 🎄 ⛄️🌟

This is what I'm doing at the moment. I achieved my 2019 goal at the end of October, and have now achieved my UGW, so am practicing maintaining while enjoying small portions of seasonal treats.

I am still logging and keeping an eye on staying under goal.

@Faebert Bravo! It's not just about weight loss. It's about maintaining good habits and staying healthy. It's the boring things that keep us on track.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 939 Member

JFT Tuesday 10th December

Back exercises no
    No snacking none
    No buying chocolate none, and it wasn't easy, why does the supermarket have half price chocolate so often?! So I have to ignore the choc AND the "bargain" lol
    Phone bio mechanics clinic yes
    Get xmas decs down from attic and put tree up got them down, but still in box
    Do shopping for parents (the weather is atrocious, I really don't want to go :) ) yes, got soaked

JFT Wednesday 11th December

Back exercises
    No snacking
    No buying chocolate
    Go into town, take bags of charity donations
    Clean up living room, put up tree
    Take shrub cuttings, late but worth a try
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Gym👍
    4. Meditate 👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout at home
    4. Meditate
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    J4T / Wednesday

* Plan my day (work and personal)
    * Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly
    * Drink water
    * Be productive
    * 30 day abs- start
    * No junk
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! Yesterday I gave in to icecream (a lot of it) so trying to make it up today. Have a great day!

Yesterday 12/10:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:20😑
    3. Do dishes😁
    4. Put away laundry😔

JFT 12/11:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do workout
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap T 12/10 ~ Throat still scratchy & energy levels not 100% so being gentle with myself. No morning workout.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,496 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 35 floors :)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals, sodium & sugar all green :mrgreen: , fiber ok, protein low-ish, 14c water
    3) Late lunch & 1:30 call w/ financial guy & hubby :smiley: MK pleased w/ status & I'm very happy about that ~ retirement in 3 years! Don't forget tasks to do / PA-RM office summarization & submit for review :smiley: / catch up Inbox from sick days :( / start PA-F :)
    4) Evening: Advent devotional :smiley: / decorate more :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: / make apple crisp / other? lots of organizing, decluttering & cleaning prior to decorating :smiley: I guess that's one way it finally gets done! :D
    5) Unplug 9:00 :/ 9:15 / floss :s / retainers :s / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: then slept poorly :/

JFT W 12/11 ~ Still babying myself & no morning workout. Will be glad when I'm done taking meds.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / not sure of supper since will be at happy hour with former colleagues / preview menu online for choices & stick w/ plan / best guess for food long / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) PA-F testing / catch up Inbox! / more chapter emails
    4) Evening: skip adult beverage, enjoy NA beverage, stick w/ meal choice & enjoy company of friends / winter market / shop online for hubby / prep gifts & cards to be mailed / decorate more / other?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 10:20
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    5'11"
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    5'11"
    GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5 -- Starting Date Monday, November 11
    5'11"
    SW :183.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 178.6
    CW: 176.6 (current weight today) -7

I am going to keep the challenge going ... during the holiday season, it is so easy to put weight back on. If anyone wants to join me ... even just maintaining is a good thing.

I have not been posting lately ... I've been swamped both at work, and trying to sew up gifts. I do this every year.. wait till the last minute! Right now I am working on 2 table runners .. that I need to finish in just 2 days because they are for gym friends. The gym closes for good on sunday, and these 2 friends are going to different gyms. So other than our "planned" monthly get togethers now, we won't see each other as much.

But ... I am working hard at the snacking. Last nite I wanted snacks so bad, and drinking the water and eating a apple is helping me so much! I went to the QT here and bought one of those big mugs .. with a handle that I can carry around. Now I even bring water with me in the car ... and you all know how hard it is for me to drink water!

Anyhow, later tonite I will try and read through the many posts I am behind!!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    No check in from yesterday...the seminar was okay. Got up and had my smoothie - ate a turkey sausage wake up wrap from dunkins on the ride. But the only "snacks" available were scones and cinnamon buns. I had packed a protein bar that I should have ate instead...but I didnt. Then lunch was friggin deli meat platters, which I'm not supposed to eat. So I made a cheese sandwich and had soup and a salad - not terrible I suppose, except that I drank a coke to help with the raging headache I had, then had two cookies. How easily it spirals! There was a cocktail hour to follow so I had two burger sliders and 6 wings and another cookie. Back to it today though. The more I think about it...the more I realize that yesterdays eating is not going to make me fail my 3 hour test when I take it - either I have GD, or I dont. My placenta is either making my hormones out of whack causing the GD or it's not. So yes, eating better to mitigate the risks of high blood sugar if I do have GD is smart and best, but I need to forgive myself from yesterday and just keep doing my best. I havent felt baby as much today - but I'm 27 weeks so kick counts dont start technically until next week. I'll call the midwife later if I'm concerned.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Atleast 3 more waters before leaving
    3. Empty/fill dishwasher
    4. Make lunches
    5. Pick up dog food
    6. Pick up DH's needs
    7. Put shower invites in mailbox
    8. QT with DH
    9. Cook dinner at home
    10. Bed by 9:00 lights out by 9:30
    11. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital, set up ER payment plan, pay quest bill
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,028 Member
    edited December 2019
    The only failure is giving up!
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8; #4: -2
    @mytime6630 Okay, Joan. I'm game to keep Challenge 5 going aim is to maintain below 150
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: Stay Under 150
    11/12: CW: 149.6

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT: Wed 11 Dec
    Goals: 🎄Managing to stay on track, despite one or two seasonal treats.
    Activities:
    • am: grocery shopping 🎄
    • Work on Patchwork (I am almost ready to put this together. Photo to follow) 🎄
    • Work on Christmas cards🎄
    • Organise Christmas Week schedule🎄
    • 7pm: Crochet Group 🎄 😈🍩

JFT: Thu 12 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Prep for Flower Arranging Demo after lunch
    • Laundry
    • Pay credit card bill
    • Work on Patchwork (I am almost ready to put this together. Photo to follow) (ongoing)
    • Make out Presents list
    • Work on Christmas cards (ongoing)
    • Organise Christmas Week schedule (ongoing)
    • Prep dinner for DYD

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    (I'm extending this Personal Challenge)
    Stay under goal until Christmas Eve
    Days Under: 35/37
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Check in with M about plagiarism consequences.
    3. Class 1: Project work. Check in with students; project due TOMORROW. Grade Socratics. Continue planning S2.
    4. Class 2-3: Project work. Check in with students; project due TOMORROW. Grade one-pagers. Offer essay alternative. Blog post on plagiarism parallel with Disney.
    5. Planning: Meeting. Read 20 pages of Choice theory. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run. Check on B. Email student. Message Z. Clean off table. Wash cups. Read 20 pages of Campaign Manager.
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 199.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots? Sleep UT Er Respiratory Dec 30 7:45 AM
    7. Theater: Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about what's next.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing. Got a great time on my run yesterday. I think it helped that I stayed inside!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👎
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Workout at home 👍
    4. Meditate 👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food. For real
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Meditate
    4. Gym