Any best practices available?

Options
fiteyacom
fiteyacom Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2019 in Social Groups
Hello fellow emotional eaters :D

I'm new to this group and would like to quickly introduce myself. On July 6, 2019 I started a weight loss challenge to loose weight from 121.2 kg / 267.2 lb down to 90 kg / 198.4 lb. I'm currently at 111.1 kg / 244.9 lb. I tried already many times before to lose weight, but managed at most to do it for 2 weeks and then stopped. :( This time I used a trick, which helped me to finish my 4th week of the challenge. The trick is that upload EVERY SINGLE DAY a VLOG report to YouTube. B) This way I keep myself motivated and responsible at the same time. There are a few people who support and cheer me up from time to time, but I primarily do it just for myself.

And here comes my question. I used to eat emotionally a lot before the challenge and recently I begun to eat just because it looks good even if I'm not really hungry. So, do you have any best practices or something what works for you to prevent this kind of behavior? You maybe you have some psychological tricks or mantra to stay away from emotional eating?

With best regards,
Fiteya

That's me with today's results:
nuk1ym2ncf3c.jpg

Replies

• Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. I tell myself that food is not entertainment. So I try to find myself something that is!
    You have probably heard "If hunger isn't the problem, food is not the answer"--- so sometimes I have to figure out what the real problem is....boredom? Or something I need to talk over with someone? Or something I've been procrastinating?
  • MaGaOhMa
    MaGaOhMa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a trick to keep junk food out of the house: Walmart’s grocery pick up service. I shop from their website, then pick up my groceries at the end of the day. I never have to step foot in the store which means I don’t have to walk down the aisles arguing with myself about buying junk food. If I’m feeling sad, there is no ice cream to binge on. I’ve shopped this way for 2 weeks and it seems to be working.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    @fitayacom Hi! I don't have any tricks anymore. I think I just got too "hip" to my own ploys. With time, I learned that -- for me -- I have to just cut to the root of my issues. It's been some ugly *kitten*, and difficult to work through. But working through it has affected my eating, positively.

I love what you're doing with your videos! Could you post them here in a thread in our forum, too? I would love to see them and maybe they would inspire others to do the same, if that resonnates with them!