MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• robynleegetsfit
    robynleegetsfit Posts: 49 Member
    its_cleo wrote: »
    @robynleegetsfit That's amazing! Congrats on the loss.

Name- itscleo
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Weigh in week 2
    Last weight: 155.4
    Current weight 156.

So it went up a little bit but I'm glad it's not more, because my birthday was last week and I really indulged, it was hard to get back on track.

Calories for my week- I was under but only because I was sick yesterday and didn't eat anything.

I had a goal to do some extra work with a foam roller and some mobility work and I didn't make it. Gonna try again this week.

Thank you @its_cleo.
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    I need to change my weigh in days to Tuesday’s.
    This week I haven’t really stuck with my goals, my niece was in the PICU and I wasn’t able to meal plan. Starting today off with a cold but hopefully this week will be better.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    12/9
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197
    Todays Weight:199.2

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under? Way Under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: carbs high, protein low
    Steps : 7787
    Exercise:

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @wwood008 sorry to hear about your niece. I hope she and mom are going to be ok. It's hard to think about meal planning at tines like that.

Just take it one step at a time, hope you can do something nice for yourself.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    wwood008 wrote: »
    I need to change my weigh in days to Tuesday’s.
    This week I haven’t really stuck with my goals, my niece was in the PICU and I wasn’t able to meal plan. Starting today off with a cold but hopefully this week will be better.

@wwood008 - All set for Tuesdays. Hope the rest of the week goes better!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    nbbaby
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 218.1
    CW: 219.2
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in - 09Dec19
    Steps: 12/07 12638 - 12/08 14,077 - 12/09 9,487

I have been thinking lately about journaling weight loss to go along with my favorite podcast philosophy and wondering how to do it so that I can actually accomplish it - working to not throw false or shallow commitments to myself. I have decided to do it in the notes of my MFP diary because I do log daily and about 95%ish of the time, I do get it completely accomplished in the evening. I also want to be more lively in my check ins here in the challenge so I can just copy it into a daily note for my check in and either keep it at that or add something, as time and desire permit.

This is the plan - I hope it's helpful to others, as I expect it will be for me. => Copied below.

Prelog meals? Yes, all 3! Yay!
    Non-planned eating? Yes, sausage bites while cooking breakfast, chips at lunch
    Thoughts during overeats? Lunch, worked chips in. Cooking eating was mindless - need to work on that
    Mood? good mood, no stress, happy day, excellent exercise
    Obstacle? knee clicky, less tender, using ibuprofen - 98% during walk
    Hunger? Some after wrap for lunch, ate chips
    1% today? Begin journaling in MFP, new habit - continuing to work it!
    Exercise? 3 mile walk
    Sleep? 9:45pm-7:00am
    Night time eats? No! =>
    3 good things? Knee really good, excellent energy all day, journaled and formulated a plan to fit it into MFP
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Daily Post: Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: yes
    Exercise: Yes (walk
    Steps 12013
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Cals- I think I'm on track today but I've been estimating a little too much. Tomorrow I need to start being more precise.

Candy cane challenge- I'm ashamed to say I only made one supportive post. Will try a couple tomorrow bc it's a good thing to do. 🙂

Went for a run today, in the rain. Did well. Made it up a hill I've been struggling with for a while.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 216
    Today's Weight: 216
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike

Today was an "eat everything in the house" day. The good part is the only stuff i could grab without a lot of prep was apples, vegetables, and beans! It fueled a good workout but i need to cut back on the amount i eat. @raleighgirl09 your idea is great, your post has me thinking!

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day
    3. Decluttering-
    4. Social
    5. Trigger foods- did fine. The woman in front of me at the grocery checkout bought about 20 bags of candy, cupcakes, and other similar stuff. I know new improved me should be thinking of how much better my grocery cart will make me feel but a part of my brain was screaming "chocolate!"
  • mrmcgrath
    12/0
    Check In
    Todays Weight:199

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under?maintenance
    Water: over/under? Right at
    Macros: carbs high, fat low
    Steps : 3511
    Exercise:

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Encourage someone
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: a little over because I ate too many nuts today, net carbs 22 grams
    Water: over
    Exercise: 35 minute HIIT program on the treadmill. I didn't like the yoga that 21 Day Fix was doing today.

I was back in control of my eating and it felt so much better both mentally and physically. Eating all the sugar that I've been eating the last week had me feeling so lousy. Why do I do that to myself!! :/

@raleighgirl09, post has me inspired! I went and listened to James Clear video again on his Atomic Habits and how by changing our habits we can become 1% better every day and eventually change into the person we want to be. I did some Googling and I think we could start a habit tracker here that could help us in the New Year to change our habits, reach our goals, and see the change that so many of us so desperately want to achieve.

James talks about how reaching our goals is about consistency and repetition and that we need to track our habits and strive to not break the chain. He has this cool graphic to show that we shouldn't skip twice in a row. I know from my own behavior that it's the multiple skipping that always gets me into trouble. I'm going to change this behavior!

Is anyone interested in me pursuing this idea for more than just myself? Let me know!! :)

qwnx4zxl4r0q.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_nzqnXWvSo

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in - 09Dec19
    Steps: 12/10 10,398

A good day for me! Yay! A not-great meeting but I'm working through it and working to normalize what I feel I made bigger than it was. => Onward and upward.

Prelog 3 meals? Yep!
    Non-planned eating? Not unplanned but some rearranging and switching out of choices
    Thoughts during overeats? none today so yay me!
    Mood? stressful work, not a great meeting with manager but no impact on eating
    Obstacles? Knee - same story, just keep plugging along
    Hunger? in between lunch and dinner, at work around 3 but may have been boredom, it wasn't a big deal and disappeared
    1% effort today? up at 5 for exercise, have been doing this for several weeks when I work in the office, also brought lunch in to avoid a heavy lunch provided by the company
    Exercise? gym treadmill and elliptical, also one mile around the work pond (09Dec19 10,408 steps) [log the day after]
    Sleep? 930p-500a [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats? no
  • raleighgirl09
    Tuesday Check-in
    Calories: a little over because I ate too many nuts today, net carbs 22 grams
    Exercise: 35 minute HIIT program on the treadmill. I didn't like the yoga that 21 Day Fix was doing today.

I was back in control of my eating and it felt so much better both mentally and physically. Eating all the sugar that I've been eating the last week had me feeling so lousy. Why do I do that to myself!! :/

@raleighgirl09, post has me inspired! I went and listened to James Clear video again on his Atomic Habits and how by changing our habits we can become 1% better every day and eventually change into the person we want to be. I did some Googling and I think we could start a habit tracker here that could help us in the New Year to change our habits, reach our goals, and see the change that so many of us so desperately want to achieve.

James talks about how reaching our goals is about consistency and repetition and that we need to track our habits and strive to not break the chain. He has this cool graphic to show that we shouldn't skip twice in a row. I know from my own behavior that it's the multiple skipping that always gets me into trouble. I'm going to change this behavior!

Is anyone interested in me pursuing this idea for more than just myself? Let me know!! :)

Me!Me!Me! Agree wholeheartedly that it is the consistency that counts - consistency over perfection. Yes - Consistency Over Perfection. I'll never be perfect as crap happens and I'm human. But I can always pick back up and go back to what works and be consistent in my efforts.

@TeresaW1020 - did you have something in mind, specifically?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weekly Check-In
    Day - Tuesday
    Username - bethanie0825
    Previous - 232 (?)
    Current - 234.6

We ate out over the weekend and had cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. We celebrated my husband's bday with food lol.

I did get to the gym 3 times last week. I've already gone once this week and will go later today and Thursday.
  • mrmcgrath
    12/11
    Check In
    Todays Weight:197.2

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under?maintenance
    Water: over/under? Slightly under
    Macros: carbs high, protein low
    Steps : 4282
    Exercise:

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Encourage someone
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Yesterday
    Calories: Under
    Steps : 12832
    Exercise: walking
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    Weekly check in:
    Week 2
    Username wwood008
    Previous weight:158
    Current weight: 156.7
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (11/27): 198.8
    Check in weight (12/4): 199.6
    Check in weight (12/11): 200.6

I went to see a registered dietitian today! I won't be calorie counting for a while now, but I will still be logging in daily and tracking for the group challenge. I am excited about this new way of eating, and we are definitely going to see results soon!
This discussion has been closed.